Sign in to follow this  
beoingrocks

a2a P-40 !

How demanding is the engine management in the P40 compared to the Spitfire which I find hard not to overheat? I must confess I sometimes turn off engine damage in Accusim just so I can push her hard without keeping a close eye on the guages all the time.

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

Funny , yetserday I just took aflight in the A2A P40 to St Barths, and landed twice (with no problem) and crash landed once (to much elevator after touchdown, then wingstall at trying to GA)....I was wondering if anybody would try in RL...and I have already my answer :-)BTW: Lucky old ######s :-)))

Edited by McDaniel

How demanding is the engine management in the P40 compared to the Spitfire which I find hard not to overheat? I must confess I sometimes turn off engine damage in Accusim just so I can push her hard without keeping a close eye on the guages all the time.
It's easier to manage and less tempermental to heat than the A2A spit.I haven't really had problems with the spit either. I just make sure that I'm never at a high power setting for extended periods of time. A good dive at a lower power setting will cool it down for the next zoom climb. :) Also make sure to retract the flaps enytime your wheels are on the ground.JB

If I could get the NGX 800 into RWY10 at barts, then I bet we could get the A2A Fighters in there as well.Not saying it would be safe in RL, but definately fun in the sim.JBMaybe after A2A releases the Starfighter and Phantom and have nailed down the external simulation for the turbojets, then maybe they will consider some Historically Iconic Tubes.Imagine the DC-8 with COTS?JB
maybe they could do that!!! I like piston engine airliners but not as much as jetliners