Sign in to follow this  
beoingrocks

a2a P-40 !

Sweet! :(

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

This is going to be a great simulation of the P-40, no doubt.But to say that the P-40 itself is an iconic warbird stretches it a bit, I think.It was obsolete when the war startedDon't get me wrong, it's going to be a great Accusim airplane, let's just not kid ourselves that it occupies the same slots that the Mkiia and the E3 occupy.Both of those planes were forward thinking, the P-40 was from the previous generation.Again, I am excited about this release, but...

This is going to be a great simulation of the P-40, no doubt.But to say that the P-40 itself is an iconic warbird stretches it a bit, I think.It was obsolete when the war startedDon't get me wrong, it's going to be a great Accusim airplane, let's just not kid ourselves that it occupies the same slots that the Mkiia and the E3 occupy.Both of those planes were forward thinking, the P-40 was from the previous generation.Again, I am excited about this release, but...
yeah, it was obsolete at the start of the war, and it had mediocre performance compared to other fighters of the day. I was reading that the p-40 had engine cooling problems and a lot of pilots in north Africa burned to death due to engine fire.

Sure, the platform may have been obselete by the start of the war. It was the brave men who flew it that made it an icon! There are countless aircraft we all fly in FSX that are old, obselete, or otherwise poor designs, but it's there stories that are legendary. Bring on the P-40!

Eric Szczesniak

Great to hear they are releasing it soon. One step to the Mustang, now. Forget Flight. A2A and FSX, that is going to make early 2012 great!Andrew

A couple of issues with what the voice over says: First "infamous" is probably not the best word choice by any means unless the commentator is taking the viewpoint of those on the wrong end of those guns. Famous yes, infamous (from the Allies viewpoint), not so much. Secondly, the teeth were there for a specific reason, at least as far as those being flown against the Japanese were concerned from bases in China. The tiger is (and was) a well known good luck symbol for the Chinese while the shark was a sign of bad luck for the Japanese. Two symbols in one painting and one name--Tigershark.I won't be buying the P-40. I own the A2A Cub and it is fabulous. The WW II birds that A2A makes are outstanding, they just don't fit my flying choices at present, but they sure look well done.Elsewhere in the FSX forum some poster said that FSX was dead and gone. How is it possible to even think that with releases like this?

Edited by woodhick

Elsewhere in the FSX forum some poster said that FSX was dead and gone. How is it possible to even think that with releases like this?
+1

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

The A2A 337 with Captain of the Ship is still my top favorite aircraft beside the NGX. I mean equally beside. Those developers are genious!I'll be holding out for the P-51 (I mean it's a freaking P-51 with Accusim!) and my favorite aircraft of all time, the F-104 with Accusim. The P-40 was never really an interesting A/C to me.

Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

As I am a fan of WWII warbirds, being born shortly after WWII, I look forward to this model. The P-40 has always been one of my favorites. Much is due to "looks", and not the fact that it was superseded as the war went on.