Sign in to follow this  
Daniel choen

New NG sounds (need to check)

http://secure.simmarket.com/synchro-soft-737ng-v2.5-soundset-fsx.phtmlwhat do you think about it? good bad worth? of course not? LOL.. tell me what you think.
You can't get any more accurate sounds than the ones already included by PMDG. No reason to waste your money. The only sounds I've replaced are the ground roll sounds.The only problem I have with the NGX's sounds is that I can hear the "chainsaw" at high altitudes... But I think that would be more of a FSX limitation rather than the NGX. Other than those two things, the NGX sounds are as real as it gets in FSX. Edited by FDX016 - Nick

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Flap motors sure are loud to be in the cockpit...I believe these sound devs (not knocking them) think the sound of an A/C from the cabin sounds the same as the cockpit. That's not the case. Save your money and enjoy the sounds that came with the NGX. They're the best sounds -- stand alone or not.I feel you may be having a case of "grass is greener syndrome". ie you're bored with hearing the same sounds over and over. Just keep in mind that they're near perfect.

Edited by ZachLW

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I haven't invested in PMDG and all their research and development to blow it all and buy a different soundset! :(

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

PMDG sounds are way better, all I don't like about it entirely is the roar, which is already very close but it still sounds a little bit different imo. Also the roar should not sound at high altitudes. That's not a limitation of FSX, it would not be very hard to programm I think.

I have bought some of their soundsets before but i find the PMDG soundset for the NGX waaaaaaay better, the sound guy for PMDG (chiswick i think) took it to the next level.....i cant wait to hear how the t7 will sound!

Chris Howard

Hey all,thanks for the answers, I know how it should sound from the cockpit as i have been into one, though your right there should not be a motor sound when lowering the flaps, its unrealistic.I showed to a friend who is a real pilot the NGX, is flying the 757-300w but he has some experience with the 737. i showed him how this its work with vatsim, he was very excited to see how close to the real thing this thing. i will probably will never get board with the NGX great job PMDG and i will say again, great job PMDG!!

I have to say, I do like the roll affect on take off or is that just me?

Well I bought this product yesterday and I have to say, the engine sounds are a little bit better than the pmdg IN MY OPINION. I think the default pmdg engine sounds are a bit too "rough" for in the cockpit. These sounds sort of give that noise ambience that you get when your actually inside the plane. I also love the roll affect like Jay, it just sounds cool I guess. I agree that the flaps sound a bit loud for the cockpit but it's not a big deal to me personally and if someone really wanted they could just remove that sound. I kind of like the sound of the flaps because it reminds me of when I actually fly in a real ng and I get that anticipation of taking off or landing when I hear the flap motor blum.gif I'm not a real pilot so I can't comment on the authenticity but I would recomend this and it's also really cheap so you have nothing to lose. :)

I've been using this sound set for over a month now - and love 'em! Die-hard PMDG folks will want to argue about nit-noy things, but bottomline is this sound set is not bad at all. Rock on PMDG!