Sign in to follow this  
Dave_YVR

Carenado Cessna T210M Centurion II

Looking at the virtual pilots in the aircraft, seems to me they'd have a tough time seeing out the side window without lowering their heads.  Looking at youtube videos like the two below, in the first, he looks like he has to scrunch down only a tiny bit.  In the second one you can see near the end of the video that he'd have to bend to see out the side.  It also looks like he should be able to see the top of the cowling but would also be able to see all the Com buttons...to me, if I see the cowling, I can't see the top row of buttons.  Some pilots are tall, some are short, and some use pillows under their rearend.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

If you want a high-winger that models a very, very encompassing viewpoint, try Flight 1's C177.  

Brilliant (realistic) view position from the VC.

If you want a high-winger that models a very, very encompassing viewpoint, try Flight 1's C177.  

Brilliant (realistic) view position from the VC.

Too slow

Actually, could the issue be TrackIR?  I think that when you're in the real world ducking your head down a bit is natural...you don't think about it.  Is it the same with TrackIR?  I'd wish they'd make a driver that would allow you to specify something other than horizontal movement when you turn your head.  Well...my brain never did get used to TrackIR so...shrugs...

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Funny about TIR... it does take some time to acclimate to it... I'm so acclimated to it now, in RW I now turn my head before my eyes, and i get a chuckle from doing so... but no.. TIR follows my head movements in all directions, 360. If I slump down, I will in the sim as well. I'm a little spoiled by far better AC sight lines like the Meridian/Matrix/Malibu class, Bonanza/Baron, Duke, PC12, and the King Airs, etc. In fact, my entire hanger inventory is pretty good, save the 210. The whole point of TIR is to allow you to sit naturally in the cockpit... and having seen the various 210 videos, I'm sure the RW sight lines are just as hideous as the sim one.

Sometimes you get the bear, sometimes the bear gets you. No biggie. Maybe down the road, someone will make the Extra 500 with its wrap around, and ample windshield.

I love the views from the Malibu.  Great plane to fly.

Gregg Seipp

..Carenado came out with the X-Plane 11 version of this AC, I was wondering if somebody is willing to post an updated review ?

Cheers

Yair

Edited by N1125Y