Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

OmniAtlas

Arctic Air

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

According to the IMDB, it's about renegade bush pilots operating out of Yellowstone Canada. Renegade bush pilot's? Lol. I think you can get an idea of the show from that discription. Anyway, I can't find it on my cable network here in NY. Maybe, it's just on Canadian TV?

Full episodes can be watched directly from the show's homepage -- don't know if you need to be in Canada or not. I would say the flying bits are only semi-realistic; the pilots all seem to take outrageous risks and no one ever reads a checklist -- the emphasis is more on entertainment. But simply as a television show, I think it's great. And there is a lot of eye candy in the form of the DC-3s and some pretty spectacular northern scenery. In fact I find myself wondering how the Canadian North looks with GEX and Canada UTX and whether I should re-install my MAAM DC-3.By the way, it's Yellowknife, not Yellowstone.

After watching the " pilot " episode i was left thinking CBC was trying to create a drama based on Ice Pilots ( Buffalo Airways ) but without the reality tv touch that makes the original such a charm to watch .Personally i would rate it at 6/10 , anything with vintage aeroplanes in it cant be all bad .