Sign in to follow this  
Glenn Johnson

IRIS RELEASES THEIR NEW F-15E MUDHEN DRIVER!

F-15C Specs are M2.5+ at altitude and M1.2 low-level. Thrust-to-Weight is an amazing 1.12 (compared to 0.96 for the F-18 and 0.9 for the F-16 and F-22).Cheers,- jahman.
Yes, but the C model has much better performance than the E model because it is lighter and more aerodynamic.

and that's with no weapons and no pylons and using the 200's, not the 229's.... (If i may post on that subject without getting flamed...)

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I picked it up yesterday and yeah, it is overpowered and will accelerate on reheat unrealistically to 1.8mach at low altitude. The avionics are very limited, ccip only way to drop ordinance. The submodes in the ata and atg radar don't exist, but it looks like they have placeholders for all the systems.Personally I have heard from a very credible source that the developer intends to further development when the sdk for the tack pack is released. I think 45 USD is pretty steep for this bird, and would have rather waited till it is further developed.If compared to the SuperBug, I would say it's about 40% complete.JBSent from my iPhone using TapatalkJB
Ok, I need to renig on my above comment.Using the record breaking Streak Eagle time to climb record from a standing start to 89k feet in 3 min and 26 sec's as a base. I am doing the same test here in the Iris F15E. It doesnt apear to be overly wrong to be honest. My previous comment was based on my zoom climb to 65k from 2.4M at sea level. I just did a test from a standing start and full internal fuel and was at about 4 min to 38k. So, Im gonna do the same test with about 1/3 internal fuel which would be closer to what they used for the world record.So, I wanna correct myself from the earlier post.. The power levels and parasitic drag may be close to what the real F15 puts out. We just need to figure out why it still can reach M1.8 low level.Ok, gonna correct my second statement just above...Changed my climb profile to include a level burn at 5k to get up to 700CAS then inititiated the climb,. This was with 4000lbs of gas and nothing hanging off the plane.Test results...800MSL feet at a full stop to flameout at 62k in 2 minutes 40 seconds... Continued climbing without engines to 86k feet on total time 4:15 seconds.Actually, compared to the record breaking attempt, this isn't bad. Maybe it doesnt need tweaking???LOLJB Edited by Buzz313th

Interistingly enough. A freind of mine who I work with, his brother just transitioned from the F15C to the F22 like a year ago. I'm gonna try and see if his Bro might be interested to give some feedback.JB

Ok, I need to renig on my above comment.Using the record breaking Streak Eagle time to climb record from a standing start to 89k feet in 3 min and 26 sec's as a base. I am doing the same test here in the Iris F15E. It doesnt apear to be overly wrong to be honest. My previous comment was based on my zoom climb to 65k from 2.4M at sea level. I just did a test from a standing start and full internal fuel and was at about 4 min to 38k. So, Im gonna do the same test with about 1/3 internal fuel which would be closer to what they used for the world record.So, I wanna correct myself from the earlier post.. The power levels and parasitic drag may be close to what the real F15 puts out. We just need to figure out why it still can reach M1.8 low level.Ok, gonna correct my second statement just above...Changed my climb profile to include a level burn at 5k to get up to 700CAS then inititiated the climb,. This was with 4000lbs of gas and nothing hanging off the plane.Test results...800MSL feet at a full stop to flameout at 62k in 2 minutes 40 seconds... Continued climbing without engines to 86k feet on total time 4:15 seconds.Actually, compared to the record breaking attempt, this isn't bad. Maybe it doesnt need tweaking???LOLJB
The F-15E shouldn't come close to the performance record set by the F-15C Streak Eagle.

The F-15E shouldn't come close to the performance record set by the F-15C Streak Eagle.
Oh, I agree entirely.The streak eagle did 89k in 3:26 and I did 62k before flameout in 2:40. Before flameout the plane was doing 300 CAS and change and decelerating. Another 27k in maybe 2 min without the flameout? My point was that maybe they are close. It still feels a bit fast either way.Would be nice to get someone with Real World experience on this subject.JB

Could you do a test and see with a clean configuration if it will break the sound barrier without the afterburners engaged?

Could you do a test and see with a clean configuration if it will break the sound barrier without the afterburners engaged?
I did at 5k and at mil power it did not go supersonic.JB

I did at 5k and at mil power it did not go supersonic.JB
That's a good sign, maybe it is close to the real world thrust and drag then. I might go ahead and pick it up now.

That's a good sign, maybe it is close to the real world thrust and drag then. I might go ahead and pick it up now.
If you do get it, lemme know. I'm looking for someone to try the cockpit sharing functions...Its a blast to fly, don't get me wrong... The selling point for me when I was deciding to buy, was the fact that the dev is waiting to implement the tac pack into it. This is also the same reason why I didn't go with the Milviz Eagle as I think there needs to be a common ground (tac Pack) for FSX to lend itself to a partial military simulator, that is, if we are gonna see multiple addons in a furball...JB Edited by Buzz313th

Originally, the F/A-18C/D was called the Hornet and, because most pilots hated it (still do) they called it the bug. So now, with the advent of the "Super Hornet" we now have the "Super Bug"
Heh...I have to chime in here on this statement. Not only is it incorrect, I"d challenge anyone to go find a pilot who actually flies or has flown ANY version of the F/A-18A-D and say they hate it. I find that to be one of the most ridiculous posts Ive read on this forum in quite some time. I've got quite a bit of time in REAL hornets and i have to say it is by far one of the finest aircraft Ive ever flown. As to this Mudhen, it looks very nice to me, may have to pick it up sometime soon.

Guest bstolle

You can't even compare an A with the Streak Eagle let alone a C or E as the Streak Eagle had the radar, the M61 cannon, the tail hook, 1 generator, the utility hydraulic system, flaps and speed brake actuators removed.Removing the paint reduced the weight by another 40lbs.The Streak Eagle weighed 2800lbs less than the A which weighs less than the C.Another item if interest might be the fact that a lot of aerodynamic development has gone into the 'other' E, especially at the critical high AoA area, with the use of aerodynamic data and accident reports from the NASA und USAF as there did happen spin accidents with the E (despite McDonnell Douglas claiming that's impossible)If you mishandle the E, the real one and the simulated one enter a spin rather quickly.

Edited by bstolle

You can't even compare an A with the Streak Eagle let alone a C or E as the Streak Eagle had the radar, the M61 cannon, the tail hook, 1 generator, the utility hydraulic system, flaps and speed brake actuators removed.Removing the paint reduced the weight by another 40lbs.The Streak Eagle weighed 2800lbs less than the A which weighs less than the C.Another item if interest might be the fact that a lot of aerodynamic development has gone into the 'other' E, especially at the critical high AoA area, with the use of aerodynamic data and accident reports from the NASA und USAF as there did happen spin accidents with the E (despite McDonnell Douglas claiming that's impossible)If you mishandle the E, the real one and the simulated one enter a spin rather quickly.
Your involvement I will admit is one of the major reasons why I own and have an interest in the "other" E.

I must admit, while I have been filming this bird, I'm rather fond of the terrain following and ground radar systems. I just flew out of The Gorge on the Columbia River, east of Portland. The weather was horrible and I was very much in the soup. I was able to select the terrain radar for the height I was flying at as well as below and dip my wings out of the soup directly over the river from dense terrain. That was a wow moment for me, and I'll admit to being afraid of trusting the radar. I gave it a shot anyways and dropped down out of the clouds to find a 500 foot ceiling while flying directly over the Bonneville Dam. THAT was brilliant! I then followed the river do an uneventful landing at KPDX 28L.

- Cody Bergland

(Owner, Jaggyroad Films)

Our YouTube Channel (featuring over 100 OFFICIAL product videos):

https://www.youtube.com/user/valkyrie321 <- CLICK HERE

JaggyroadSig.jpg