Sign in to follow this  
Glenn Johnson

IRIS RELEASES THEIR NEW F-15E MUDHEN DRIVER!

Funny i thought we where on topic here about the IRIS F-15E so to get back on topic:392606_2839540120055_1605851976_32498440_910527186_n.jpg387795_2842549515288_1605851976_32499770_163622016_n.jpg406626_2823152471441_1637863633_2494216_1967486599_n.jpgNow thats what i call Development!.........................

I might be wrong but I seem to remember hearing that "Rhino" in the pattern also reminds the arresting gear crew on the carrier that a larger aircraft will be trapping...
That is true. There are actually weight differences between the E and the F, so an F is a Rhino in the pattern and an E is a Stinger in the pattern.

Eric Szczesniak

Finally, there is ONE major difference between the two. One only. That is that with the MV bird you can shoot down not only AI but also MP birds. The rest, well, you can compare as much as you like.
Sorry to sound err.... dumb, but what is "MP" Edited by Dougal

Sorry to sound err.... dumb, but what is "MP"
multiplayer, you can shoot down other players in a gamespy session.

Mustang X,Those are Brilliant!!!Thank You

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

My question about the IRIS F-15E, and really any fighter for FSX, is how realistic are the flight dynamics and the thrust? I don't like when fighters are unrealistically overpowered/don't have enough drag, and bust the sound barrier at low altitude, level flight with no reheat engaged. Has anyone who purchased the IRIS F-15E tested the speed characteristics?
I've only gone up once with the new IRIS F-15E and took a WA bird from Fallon to Nellis. I did no pre-flight planning or configuration management. No fuel in the conformals and no external tanks. Shame on Me! I was too excited to get going and normally fly pattern only out of the box or download. Most of the flight was cruise at FL 230 with mega_shok.gif-85 percent and no reheat on takeoff. I only looked at the flames a bit on the ground just for the awe effect. I reached Nellis airspace with about 5,000 pounds of fuel. REX was feeding weather updates throughout the flight but I do not recall the numbers for winds and baro pressure, etc.Overall, I am satisified with power management and controls of this aircraft. I have yet to load any weapons. Good luck to all.

Keith Guillory

Ur all welcome this just to stay on topic instead of a complete discussion about names...and for flyerkg, if you would have read in the manual you would have known that its possible to get it on the UFC by pressing a switch on the DATA page...but i geuss you where too excited too to go over it....405374_2973339459854_1452814582_3028445_1665676569_n.jpg383641_2843982151103_1605851976_32500392_1562299165_n.jpg390563_2839542920125_1605851976_32498443_1850561299_n.jpg

Edited by MustangX

I read a post over at the Vertical Reality Simulations forum that claimed this aircraft is overpowered, and easily hits mach 1.8 at low level, and mach 2.5 at higher altitude. Additionally, they were some comments that the radar is limited, and CCIP is the only bombing mode available, but IRIS plans on further development of these systems with the release of the VRS TACPAC. Can anyone who owns this confirm?

I read a post over at the Vertical Reality Simulations forum that claimed this aircraft is overpowered, and easily hits mach 1.8 at low level, and mach 2.5 at higher altitude. Additionally, they were some comments that the radar is limited, and CCIP is the only bombing mode available, but IRIS plans on further development of these systems with the release of the VRS TACPAC. Can anyone who owns this confirm?
I picked it up yesterday and yeah, it is overpowered and will accelerate on reheat unrealistically to 1.8mach at low altitude. The avionics are very limited, ccip only way to drop ordinance. The submodes in the ata and atg radar don't exist, but it looks like they have placeholders for all the systems.Personally I have heard from a very credible source that the developer intends to further development when the sdk for the tack pack is released. I think 45 USD is pretty steep for this bird, and would have rather waited till it is further developed.If compared to the SuperBug, I would say it's about 40% complete.JBSent from my iPhone using TapatalkJB

I picked it up yesterday and yeah, it is overpowered and will accelerate on reheat unrealistically to 1.8mach at low altitude. The avionics are very limited, ccip only way to drop ordinance. The submodes in the ata and atg radar don't exist, but it looks like they have placeholders for all the systems.Personally I have heard from a very credible source that the developer intends to further development when the sdk for the tack pack is released. I think 45 USD is pretty steep for this bird, and would have rather waited till it is further developed.If compared to the SuperBug, I would say it's about 40% complete.JBSent from my iPhone using TapatalkJB
Thanks for the response. The VRS Superbug is unmatched for now and truly sets the bar, and when the professional version is released, it will be even more authentic. Here's hoping that eventually IRIS reaches the VRS level of simulation.

TBH though, not sure if it's overpowered or just not modeling enough parasitic drag. The power feels right when maneuvering and you can get some crazy high alpha and, so high induced drag seems balanced with power, it just needs to be not accelerate so fast in the low alpha regime.Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkJB

TBH though, not sure if it's overpowered or just not modeling enough parasitic drag. The power feels right when maneuvering and you can get some crazy high alpha and, so high induced drag seems balanced with power, it just needs to be not accelerate so fast in the low alpha regime.Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkJB
True. Apparently the parasitic drag was tweaked on the other F-15E offering, and now it pretty much matches the real-world performance of the F-15E, which is about mach 1.5 maximum at low level.

With the Mudhen I was able to achieve M2.4 at SL from a full reheat dive from 15k. I then pitched straight up and zoomclimbed to 65k where the turbines flamed out. Those performance levels match or exceed the world record holder called, "streak eagle".So yeah. Something needs to be simmered down on this model.Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkJB

Guest jahman
I read a post over at the Vertical Reality Simulations forum that claimed this aircraft is overpowered, and easily hits mach 1.8 at low level, and mach 2.5 at higher altitude
F-15C Specs are M2.5+ at altitude and M1.2 low-level. Thrust-to-Weight is an amazing 1.12 (compared to 0.96 for the F-18 and 0.9 for the F-16 and F-22).Cheers,- jahman.