Sign in to follow this  
Glenn Johnson

IRIS RELEASES THEIR NEW F-15E MUDHEN DRIVER!

Yes Valcor, he was talking about the F-18 on of all things an IRIS post about their F-15E release, yes you are correct. Funny thing is, I started the thread to inform people about the release, yes I started the thread. It's just funny how he would post here about nothing that has to do with why the thread started? (pretty sure that is clear...)

Yes Valcor, he was talking about the F-18 on of all things an IRIS post about their F-15E release, yes you are correct. Funny thing is, I started the thread to inform people about the release, yes I started the thread. It's just funny how he would post here about nothing that has to do with why the thread started? (pretty sure that is clear...)
Oh come on... He replied to posts about the design of the real-world F-18, he didn't even start the talk on that. As a fellow who is obviously interested in jetfighters, does it really surprise you that he chimes in on the discussion? I don't know why you must assume that whatever he says is so "obviously" against IRIS, but I don't see it. To me it seems like you falsely accused him, and now that you are proven wrong, you are trying to save your reputation by bending over backwards to prove that Milviz is discrediting IRIS. If he would start a post on pink and yellow striped lollypops, would he also discredit IRIS, or is that allowed? Just curious...This isn't meant personally, but I have extreme difficulty understanding your logic. Please do try and convince me.

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Glenn, I respectfully ask that you go back to bed, and try getting out the other side this time :Loser:He is just as entitled as YOU OR I to post here. Even in YOUR thread. What he stated has a great deal of relevance here. I for one, found the info very helpful and informative.

Only the F/A-18E/F are called the "Superbug". The F/A-18's official name is the "Hornet" (i.e. a bug). The F/A-18E/F are officially named the Super Hornet, as they are actually substantially redesigned including a 20% large airframe, revisions to reduce radar cross section, new engines and a new avionics sweet. So the "Super Hornet" was changed to "Superbug" considering the hornet. Super Hornets are also known as "Rhinos" because of their larger size (occasionally F/A-18E's will be referred to the callsign in the pattern as "Singer as well), while the F/A-18A/B/C/D are known as "Legacy" Hornets since they were the original design for the series.
I might be wrong but I seem to remember hearing that "Rhino" in the pattern also reminds the arresting gear crew on the carrier that a larger aircraft will be trapping.Boeing also made it probably the loudest aircraft in the Navy inventory.Now back to the Mudhen! It is an excellent product. I was surprised by the sounds produced by avionics and found myself working from the front and back seat. My experience with the A-10 and F-16D had me ready for a solid ride.My affection for this aircraft dates back to about 1991 or 92 or so when a brand new F-15E from Seymour Johnson was at an airshow/open house and my best friend asked how was life as a "Nav" in the new jet.The reply we received was something like, "First off, I am a WSO not a Navigator. and second, if you are the best in your class you get to pick whatever you want". This dude wouldn't even let us breathe on his new jet. SO we walked over to the F/A-18 and chatted with the Marines. I explained that I was soon on my way to OSC in Quantico to be followed by flight school at Pensacola and the Captain let me take the seat and carried on a real conversation.So even though I could only smell the new Mudhen from about 8 feet away then, I can now virtually fly one.

Keith Guillory

Speaking about IRIS, any has their F-22 Raptor? Is it a good product?
I have it. I have never seen a Raptor fly, but the model looks good, the VC looks complex, but system-wise really is pretty basic, Thrust Vectoring is modelled, but you can only see amazing manuverability at 135-145 KIAS. Flaps are interesting, won't come down on the ground. But that could either be a bug, or just real life. The HUD isn't terrible but isn't in the class of the NGX or Superbug. Honestly, you can rotate in 3 seconds flat with AB on, not sure about that too.Overall its a good product for 10 euro, USD, AUD, etc. but really not that worth it for the 35 or whatever its selling for right now, IMO anyway

Oh come on... He replied to posts about the design of the real-world F-18, he didn't even start the talk on that. As a fellow who is obviously interested in jetfighters, does it really surprise you that he chimes in on the discussion? I don't know why you must assume that whatever he says is so "obviously" against IRIS, but I don't see it. To me it seems like you falsely accused him, and now that you are proven wrong, you are trying to save your reputation by bending over backwards to prove that Milviz is discrediting IRIS. If he would start a post on pink and yellow striped lollypops, would he also discredit IRIS, or is that allowed? Just curious...This isn't meant personally, but I have extreme difficulty understanding your logic. Please do try and convince me.
Thralni,Yeah I guess you're right, <<removed by MOD>>. Why am I worried about him, thanks for your insight and clearing that up.

Completely agree. Glenn seems to have a personal issue with Milviz, as I recall he made some snarky posts back when they released their F-15.

Completely agree. Glenn seems to have a personal issue with Milviz, as I recall he made some snarky posts back when they released their F-15.
All too often you read the term "agenda" in the forums. It's thrown out on too many occasions. Reading the OP's threads here and elsewhere, I think it's not inappropriate to say he has his agenda. That's too bad, because so many that get into pissing contests forget to check which way the wind is blowing...

All too often you read the term "agenda" in the forums. It's thrown out on too many occasions. Reading the OP's threads here and elsewhere, I think it's not inappropriate to say he has his agenda. That's too bad, because so many that get into pissing contests forget to check which way the wind is blowing...
First, I never used the word "agenda". Anyways, posts like the following appear to indicate a personal grievance with Milviz/Ken:
Hello Ken,Yeah I believe you mentioned that at SOH, and someone already shot you out of the sky on that one.Operation "Lazy Boy" ring a bell? LOL, Thank you for your service, but you don't impress me with it either.As for me, I have been insulted by Milviz on their Facebook page, That says what a professional company they are. So you will not see me posting anymore. Thank you for the insults and Have a nice day.Bye...
Thralni,Yeah I guess you're right, <<removed by MOD>>. Why am I worried about him, thanks for your insight and clearing that up.

Any of you folks bought both this and the other one that came out a while back ? if yes, would you think this one is better ? They both look good. I hope this question does not = to stirring the "mud" .

Edited by MindYerBeak

Any of you folks bought both this and the other one that came out a while back ? if yes, would you think this one is better ? They both look good. I hope this question does not = to stirring the "mud" .
I too would love to hear an objective, direct comparison between the two.

from someone who actually owns both please...

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

An overall comparison please....not Visual alone.And further more i dont know whats going on on your system but thats deffo not how it shows up on mine or most of the other pics i have seen at night....And by the way the IRIS jet is very good as well.

Edited by Narutokun

Jonathan "FRAG" Bleeker

Formerly known here as "Narutokun"

If I speak for my company without permission the boss will nail me down. So unless otherwise specified...Im just a regular simmer who expresses his personal opinion

How can you even compare those screenshots. Blimey, the milviz pic says in HUGE letters that it's a BETA shot!

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case