Sign in to follow this  
IAF747

Which PC can run PMDG 737 NGX on FSX with FSDreamteam scenery and traffic at high FPS?

Definitely don't OC with stock cooler
He can go to around 4-4.2GHZ depending on voltage. [With stock cooler]

Stock cooler have very little buffer for temperature storage. Their behaviour is very "quick". Just on that note I wouldn't OC with the stock cooler - at all.Nothing bad is probably going to happen if you do as Ben said - but look at this example: would you drive with a tire for which you know for the fact is very flat and could burst any second? Yes, you can drive slowly, but does that really ensure you are gonna live?

Nothing bad is probably going to happen if you do as Ben said - but look at this example: would you drive with a tire for which you know for the fact is very flat and could burst any second? Yes, you can drive slowly, but does that really ensure you are gonna live?
Burst any second? That is just plain absurd telling people not even to go past stock clock. I know that you shouldn't be doing extreme OC'ing but sending it to around 4GHZ isn't going to hurt anything.In fact, on my i7 920, I was @ 3.6GHZ for a year with the default cooler and I never passed 80C.

Hi Word Not Allowed going to try these changes this afternoon thanks for suggesting these. IS it normal for FSX to crash every now and them i.e. not every time.it just comes up with the message 'fatal error' windows has stopped running FSX.. sometimes I get the codeHRESULT 0xc000014b. Often happens when I am moving between panels.. Get the feeling it could be Rexas I believe it is a demanding add-on. Will your changes above help the situation..I am not keen on re-installing aswell fsx runs along with the add-ons.. Where do I input the clouds 2048 number on Rex.?I assume I input the changes in the FSX cfg note pad file..Thanks for your time and advice, much appreciated.

No, it's not normal and I don't believe it's from REX. It's something else. Very hard to know when it comes to FSX.Did you put the Vista UIAutomationCore.dll into FSX folder?In the settings of REX there is a setting for 1024, 2048 and 4096 clouds.Yes, with a notepad into fsx.cfg as I wrote above. Test with that and report back.

How do I copy the Vista UIAutomationCore.dll into FSX folder? Is this something I copy in from a link, or do I create a new folder..You should start charging for all this advice! Thanks Evan

Hi KostaHave made all the changes apart from affinity mask until I know what I am doing. Rex seems to run a lot better and thingsseem much smoother. Better still few CDT's (2 after 5 hours of use) one I had was when I over-clicked on the NGX's FMC to deleteloads of items in the text box (forgot to push tab to remove this) as I hammered back spaced in frustration it crashed. This seems fair enough ashammering the keyboard is never a good idea! the second was a Hresult 14b again. From what I have read on the forum this seems to be connected toREX? I closed the weather update window that loads with the FSX screen and fingers crossed not had another one.Will the affinity mask update made a difference for me. If I can avoid these CDT's which I now seem to be doing I am really happy withthings.Just enjoyed a night landing with NGX at Charles de Gaulle. Even my wife who has no interest at all in FSX or computers for that mattercould not leave the room and was bowled over with the graphics...Thanks for your help...owe you a pint!!

I never had a crash with REX weather engine. But then again, neither I'm using it that often.I suggest you get Activesky, it's the best weather engine out there.Affinitymask is a helper against stutters. You can use it but it's not a must.

wait for the ivy brigde i7 3770k that could be the soulotion overclocke to 5 ghz

Hi Word Not Allowed going to try these changes this afternoon thanks for suggesting these. IS it normal for FSX to crash every now and them i.e. not every time.it just comes up with the message 'fatal error' windows has stopped running FSX.. sometimes I get the codeHRESULT 0xc000014b. Often happens when I am moving between panels.. Get the feeling it could be Rexas I believe it is a demanding add-on. Will your changes above help the situation..I am not keen on re-installing aswell fsx runs along with the add-ons..Where do I input the clouds 2048 number on Rex.?I assume I input the changes in the FSX cfg note pad file..Thanks for your time and advice, much appreciated.
I used to get the HRESULT crash mainly when using REX remotely or using it as my weather generator, but have not experienced once since using ASE or AS2012 for wx generation.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

thanks will try changing from REX, shame as I really like the graphics. I have searched the forum for an idiotsguide to changing affinity mask. Most of the posts I read are form people talking about the change not themechanics of doing so. where do I go on Bios to adjust affinity mask and do I sumply add a line to the CFG.Evan

Hey Evan,You don't have to lose your REX graphics by switching to another WX program. REX has two parts to it... graphics and weather. BEFORE you start FSX, set up the clouds you want in REX. It will copy those textures to FSX. When it's done, close REX. Now, whatever WX program you use, you will still have your beautiful REX clouds. You can use ActiveSky or even the free FSRealWX Lite. Enjoy,Eddie

Eddie
KABQ