Sign in to follow this  
dighost

Interview with Joshua Howard (Producer of Flight Development)

@corinoco, here, just for you as everybody else think I'm off my rockers.....everything is there, locked but there, they have jets, can you beleive that.. -->Victor Airway</text>..... -->Jet Airway</text>.......-->Victor and Jet Airway</text> :( ....all speculations.....

They were told time & time again. They ignored us. They deserve to fail & it certainly is starting to look like they will.
They ignored a microscopic market in order to focus on a much larger one. Can't say I blame them.

The single most promising quote in that interview is:

“I think Flight as a franchise has legs to go lots of places on lots of cool tech,” said Howard. “Today we’re a PC title. That’s the right place for us. But I don’t rule anything out.”
FRANCHISE... the implication is there that some form of TPD will happen. As a B tester I cannot comment on what I know (yet) but I will say I have given Flight a good thrashing and when MS release us from the NDA one day, you will hear more.

Chris Brisland - the repainter known as EagleSkinner is back from the dead. Perhaps. Or maybe not.

System: Intel I9 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 3090 graphics 24 GB VRAM, three 32" Samsung monitors, Logitech yoke, pedals, switch panel, multi panel

Now this interview sounds really like damage control (after the crash has already happened) : they promise more without facts , they never show more than those pathetic 5 planes. And I would add that I'm fed up with those that are convinced flight has a holy mission to get youngster to like/be passionate about aviation: Microsoft doesn't care if new potential pilots are made, they care only about about MONEY . Or should we imply that roskstar games wants to turn kids into mobsters ?

Now wait. Where else could you find a game where your Stearman female blabbin passenger wants you to land so she can take a pee?

They ignored a microscopic market in order to focus on a much larger one. Can't say I blame them.
+1000 spot on...

Thanks for sharing this. Watched the Youtube Websiode they embedded. More dislikes than likes :(

They are certainly better than most the FSX default aircraft. Except maybe the default 172 which is still pretty good.The RV-6A isn't bad but compared to Carenado etc, they are nothing special worth being imprisoned in Hawaii for.FLIGHT's aircraft are VERY easy to fly. Too easy. I think many of the old timers here are mistaking easy to fly for being realistic.It'll take them years to get any significant new scenery content out. They always take ages to do even simple tasks. FLIGHT took two years for a few islands & a few little planes. I'm a beta tester & was bored of it after 2-3 days. I've not run it for nearly 2 weeks now.
According to Orbix it took them so long to produce Flight because it started off being FS11 and then they jumped ship halfway through, dismissed all the add-on developers in the community they were working with, and gutted the sim I guess to make it easier for themselves. For years like Francois said and others in the community many suites at Microsoft wanted a piece of the add-on market pie. Once Bill Gates left it was open season. The problem is they don't have the chops or the wherewithal to compete with the quality and vision of shops solely dedicated to aircraft, scenery, and/or features. One shop can't compete with visionaries from around the world adding to one base product, that's impossible.
Every plane handles differently, unless you have flown in a RV before, how can you make judgement about its handling characteristics?Yeah right, every positive things about Flight can be rendered to nothing by your infinite wisdom. LOL, don't take it too personally, I had too much fun watching you and Arwen arguing so I just couldn't resist trying to sound a bit like her.
All I can say about this post is wow... For the record I fly in the real world and as others can attest that do the same a low wing aircraft does not float like a high wing aircraft. If the RV has the float that 'Thruster' is describing then the flight model is way off, simple as that... Edited by Dillon

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Guest jahman
“It’s a more robust flight model under the covers than FSX ever had. The airplanes in this are more finely tuned than any of the airplanes in our products have been. We’ve had the luxury of time and a better engine.”
Yeah, like the non-serious simmers would really care (assuming they noticed).Cheers,- jahman.

@corinoco, here, just for you as everybody else think I'm off my rockers.....everything is there, locked but there, they have jets, can you beleive that.. -->Victor Airway..... -->Jet Airway.......-->Victor and Jet Airway ....all speculations.....
...... they don't understand ........ :(

Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.