Sign in to follow this  
syousef

Prediction: Next step kill FSX activation servers

Those of you saying "Well I can still stay on FSX" will be forced to choose between violating copyright law (even though you own the product) or going back to FS2004.
Hello Syousef.Here is my "silly conspiracy for the day"In the future FSX will only activate and stay activated if the following two conditions are met.1: you must have Flight! installed on the same PC2: you must buy at least one item of DLC per calendar month.PS I hope Joshua does not get any ideas from reading this.

Hello Syousef.Here is my "silly conspiracy for the day"In the future FSX will only activate and stay activated if the following two conditions are met.1: you must have Flight! installed on the same PC2: you must buy at least one item of DLC per calendar month.PSI hope Joshua does not get any ideas from reading this.
You give hints and tips to the Forces :(

Man this Flight forum probably has more entertainment value then flight itself, maby Tom should sell it to M$ for a quick buck, it makes for good reading. :(

14 posts and half were on a prediction. :Kiss:I must say, I find this forum much more entertaining than FSX's forum. Lots of characters with much to say.BTW, this prediction should motivate everyone NOT to support MS Flight. That should teach MS NOT to mess with us. :(

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

Using a crack is probably (ie almost certainly) against the law where you live, and if you ever tried something as foolish as taking on a mega-corporation to set a precedent that could lose them a ton of money, and you were so clearly in the wrong, I think you'd find out very quickly the full extent of their ability to punish you for breaking the license agreement and how large a legal team they can throw at the problem. Depending on how they wanted to play the PR they'd either offer you a deal where you don't lose as much as you possibly could in exchange for your quiet, or make an example of you. In reality you are probably not worth their time or effort and I would hope you aren't so foolish as to do what you say you would. The worst case, if they decided to go after you would be extreme - bankruptcy or jail or both. Talk all the bravado you like but I truely do hope that's all it is.
I am pretty sure that MS or anyone else gives a *** if I use crack to play game that I bought myself. At least in here Finland probably most young people have actually downloaded some stuff illegally and no one has ever been punished because of it. Only those who put stuff for download have been punished, not those who download it.(And I do not support piracy, I am just stating the fact)Maybe something that mad would be theoretically possible in USA knowing their legal system, but not in this country.Also I believe that very many copies of programs made by Microsoft have been downloaded from various sites (which is worse than downloading just simple crack for legal game you bought), and no one has ever gotten charged from just downloading that stuff I believe.Also activation servers will be eventually shut down some day, but whats the big deal? Just download crack and you can keep installing your FSX if you still happen to play it, and Microsoft has nothing to say to it. Edited by FScamp

...that is until Windows 8 or 9 kills off the ability to run FS2004. Did you know that Microsoft is planning to make secure boot mandatory for windows certification - this is a feature that means only a digitally signed OS can run on your own hardware and that means Linux and other OS won't install on your latest machine. The only software you can run is what Microsoft say. This will make Apple's tight grip on 3rd party applications for the iPhone look like a pleasantry. IF they get away with it that is. I sincerely hope anti-trust and other corporations placing pressure makes the whole secure boot thing optional.
Besides, that's not even true. Windows certification for windows 8 is different based on platform: for x86 hardware, secure boot is to be enabled by default BUT manufacturers MUST provide an option to disable it (at UEFI level), in order to pass certification. ARM hardware manufacturers, on the contrary, must not do so.Just to clarify things a bit. Edited by cmdkewin

Deleted by myself, don't "wanna" waste the bandwidth...

Edited by Jean-Paul Mes

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

So your saying if Microsoft were to decied to shut off activation servers, Everyone who purchased FSX and or Acceleration would be out of luck and have to throw them out along while deleting the hundreds, if not thousands of dollars worth of addons and putting out of business all the addon developers at the same time, and everyone would just sit back and let that happen as say "oh well, time to find another hobby"? Think again. First of all there is no way possible, this would happen. Microsoft is not that stupid. I dont like flight anymore than you do, but these consipracy theorys are a complete wast of everyones time. Why am I even arguring about this? I should know better.
Anyone who thinks Microsoft won't pull the plug on Flight and/or FSX as soon as Flight DCL's fail to meet projections need to look at Microsoft's "MSN Direct" product.I paid $250 for a GPS that used this service and $200 for lifetime service relying on Microsoft to support their MSN Direct service for at least a decade. It turned out that the product wasn't as successful as Microsoft projected, so Microsoft pulled the plug on the service making my lifetime subscription worthless and greatly reducing the functionality of my GPS.

Since FS9 is already abonware, FSX will be soon. Lets say google is your friend.

Did you know that Microsoft is planning to make secure boot mandatory for windows certification - this is a feature that means only a digitally signed OS can run on your own hardware and that means Linux and other OS won't install on your latest machine.
Did you know that the option to use secure boot is mandatory. There is no obligation on PC makers by MS to enforce the use of secure boot.

Give people power to really test their personality.

It is unfortunately quite typical of any Internet forum that people ridicule what they do not agree with.and are much ruder than they might be in a face to face situation.
No, you know what is rude ? Your anger-driven, angst spreading topic, based on nothing but your desire to badmouth ACES/Microsoft because you didn't get the toy you are persuaded you were entitled to.No-one here believes that FSX is going to last forever. One day, we will all move on to something else. And, lucky us, there are already plenty of alternatives available.But for the time being, NOTHING indicates that Microsoft is planning to pull the plug on the activation server. You are just spreading a rumor.Not that it never happened before but the only case I am aware of is when MS Money was discontinued and the retail versions could no longer be activated... But guess what ? And no need to mention multiplayer or weather downloads. We don't need MS for those. And before someone brands me as being a Microsoft ######, yes, I tried the beta and no, it doesn't meet my expectations. So what ? Perhaps others will love it.I already have plenty to enjoy and I know that more is coming.

KInd regards

Jean-Paul

I7 8700K / Fractal Design Celsius S24 watercooling / ASRock Z370 Extreme4 motherboard / Corsair 32GB 3200mhz DDR4 / INNO3D iChiLL GeForce GTX 1080 Ti X3 / Samsung SSD 960 EVO M.2 PCIe NVMe 500GB / Seasonic-SSR-850FX power supply / Fractal Design Define R5 Black case / AOC Q3279VWF 32″ 2560x1440 monitor / Benq GL2450 24″ 1920x1080 monitor / Track-IR 4

But for the time being, NOTHING indicates that Microsoft is planning to pull the plug on the activation server. You are just spreading a rumor.
Even if - there is still activation by phone. And I doubt they will also cut the phone lines :-) Edited by DAD

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

After a given softeware is no longer being sold or supported by a vendor, it is then perfectly legal to hack it for whatever purpose like to circumvent its activation as it wiil then be considered abandoned ware.

Edited by JoeD

After a given softeware is no longer being sold or supported by a vendor, it is then perfectly legal to hack it for whatever purpose like to circumvent its activation as it wiil then be considered abandoned ware.
Would that include decompiling? If yes then MS abandons FSX better fast so our 3PD can build their own sim soon. Oh. This is meant half serious and half joking

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

This thread is a waste of bandwith!!!
Amen!