Sign in to follow this  
martinlest2

ASv.6.5 slow to process flight plan data

Hi. I had a PC problem and had to do a Windows 7 repair. That may just be coincidental, but I find that AS6.5 is now taking much, much longer to process the flight plan data. When I click on New Route, import a flight plan and then click 'process', each waypoint is now taking up to 10 seconds. It used to run through a dozen or more in the same time.All other performance parameters seem fine - GEPro files load very fast, for instance. What is the processing time for flight plans dependent upon? Can I get my old speed back somehow?Thanks,Martin

Martin,Mine was the same a couple of days ago, and I haven't changed anything!I did wonder myself what caused it.

Dave

Hello!Same problem occurs with my AS6.5 using FS9 on Windows XP, here's my timeline (story - in hope there will someone find a solution):- The last fully functionally flight plan processing was on Tue, 7th Feb 2012 on a flight from Mauritius FIMP to Frankfurt EDDF The analyzing of the navigation points took as usual for long haul about 1-2 Minutes. (about 60- mega_shok.gif waypoints)- On Wed, 8th Feb 2012 i started the program as usual and wanted to import a Flightplan from EDDM Munich to Hurghada HEGN (i created with FSNavigator and convertet to ***.pln). This was the first time the analyzing of the navigation points (exact 35 waypoints) took about 7 Minutes!! I didn't install anything to my harddrive but the new airac from navigraph (which doesn't affect any FS or ASV files i think - i update airacs every month)- I decided to cancel the flight and do a reinstall of Active Sky. But no change. Then i did a complete reinstall of active sky (first uninstall, then delete all registry entries with CCcleaner, deleted all folders which are not automatically uninstalled by the uninstall program. I did a windows search for program components with keywords "asv" "asv6" "active sky" and "as" and found about 3-4 files again (specially from the Updates "Build 552" and "Build 554".)) And run again the CCcleaner to get sure no "rests" are on my harddisk. At last i looked at FS9 modules folder and found the active radar files and deleted them, also deleted the main FS9 weather folder and copied the original from the CD2 (in the Data3.cab).Restart PC and installed Active Sky again, with the updates.- No change, took also about 7 Minutes to analyse the navpoints.- Next day the same procedure as above. Reinstall Active Sky in an other folder name and suddenly it worked as fine as before.- Sat, 11th Feb did 3 flights (EIDW-LOWI, LOWI, EIDW and EVRA-LOWI)- Sun, 12th Feb did FACT-EGLL- Mon, 13th Feb did EHAM-LPMA and LPMA-EHAMall flightplans were analysed normal time about 30 seconds for the short-hauls and about 1-2 minutes for the long hauls. wonderful.- Tue, 14th Feb the shock. Wanted to fly ELLX-GVBA-GVAC-ELLX. on the first flight the problem started again. Nearly exactly after one week - i checked and there was nothing installed to my PC, either Windows-Updates nor anything to FS9 or sg.I'm angry now and don't know why this suddenly is doing that again. I don't want to load a flightplan for 10 Minutes or more.... now i'm trying to reinstall it again with the same long procedure.For information, I've installed active Sky also on my Notebook tho check the weather without using FS-PC (use Fetch funktion) - also the weather Fetching takes at least 3 times longer than normal. As i've installed it to another folder after a complete cleaning of all files used by ASV6 it worked same days as on the FS PC and also on Tue, 14th Feb 2012 it started again to take very long for fetching stations.Please for Help.Greets Stefan

Edited by 169847

Hi... reinstalled and cleaned harddisk again, but problem occurs anyway. Now give up angry but don't want accept it that it suddenly is not able to analyse the points.....Hope anyone finds a solution :-) :( :(

This problem has been mentioned several times but I never saw any from HIFI-sim taking their times to answer this. Am I the only one on this forum who noticed a change in the way HIFI-sim support their costumers ?I remember before they always tried to do what they could in order to help their costumers but today it seems to have changed.I dont know if it has to do with AS6.5 which is pretty old by now but then at least they could just let us know that costum service stopped for the old product.I think about upgrading to a newer version but I am a little afraid what to do if I get problems and there is no supprt. It is still an expensive addon.So, HIFI-sim, please let us know why you hardly answer questions regarding AS6.5Best regards

This problem has been mentioned several times but I never saw any from HIFI-sim taking their times to answer this. Am I the only one on this forum who noticed a change in the way HIFI-sim support their costumers ?I remember before they always tried to do what they could in order to help their costumers but today it seems to have changed.I dont know if it has to do with AS6.5 which is pretty old by now but then at least they could just let us know that costum service stopped for the old product.I think about upgrading to a newer version but I am a little afraid what to do if I get problems and there is no supprt. It is still an expensive addon.So, HIFI-sim, please let us know why you hardly answer questions regarding AS6.5Best regards
Official support is given by submitting a ticket to HiFi directly - see the pinned post at the beginning of the forum ... this forum has become an unofficial source for users attempting to help users.DJ

I've submitted a ticket to HiFi regarding this problem, so we'll see what happens. I was seriously considering purchasing ASE as 6.5 is very old anyway- can't find much on the forum regarding any comparisons between the 2 though, so not sure if it would be advantageous to do so.

Dave

I've submitted a ticket to HiFi regarding this problem, so we'll see what happens. I was seriously considering purchasing ASE as 6.5 is very old anyway- can't find much on the forum regarding any comparisons between the 2 though, so not sure if it would be advantageous to do so.
The latest version of ASE is a better weather program than AS6.5 and natively supports FS9 and FSX. It lacks the texture generation capabilities of AS6.5, although it does interface with GEPro for FS9. For FS9, I use ASE (with the latest beta patch), GEPro, and REX Extreme for FS2004 and get very good results. For the record, I have and have used all versions of Active Sky other than ASX.DJ

Maybe Jim S will comment. I am surprised he hasn't replied here, he was always very diligent in supoporting active Sky products - though it's a while since I have had any AS issues.The problem is nothing inherent in AS6.5 - until recently it used to process the flightplan data very quickly, as I originally commented. Now, it is so slow I don't bother with loading flightplan data any more, I just load up AS6.5 and then FS9 and fly..Please do post back here with any reply to your ticket dave,Martin

Edited by martinlest2

Since last September Jim S. has not worked for HiFi. That is why I have not responded!

Since last September Jim S. has not worked for HiFi. That is why I have not responded!
A loss to us all. Now, no one from HiFi seems to pick up problems on this forum the way you always used to. I hope you are enjoying whatever you have moved on to, Jim. Thanks for all your help in the past.Martin

Thanks Martin! Maybe Joshua has an idea what is wrong here.

Hi,I have the same problem. Whenever I try to process the flight plan data the CPU usage goes up to 99% and the whole process takes up to 15 minutes. Normally it took only a couple of seconds.Active Sky 6.5 is a great tool and I really hope they will be able to fix it.GreetingsTim

Greetings
Tim

My files in the Avsim File Library | Flightsim.to

i5 12600K | 32Gb | RTX 4080