Sign in to follow this  
XCLTM3

ENB Series...should I take the plunge?!

Nice video. But why do you have your strobes on at the gate? The Red Beacon should be used anytime the engines are running or the AC is moving, strobes from runway entry at takeoff to runway exit after landing. Speaking of takeoff, if you rotate that fast in the -800/900, you'll have a tailstrike.But very nice landing! And nice graphics too. Good video! ENB isn't for me though....
Adam;Actually strobe lights are on in the most inappropriate possible place. But I love these light!!! And as there was no online flight, I decided to turn them on to stay "more beautiful". I would call it a "poetic license".The speed of rotation, is actually very fast. You'll notice that I had to cut the video shortly after takeoff because another program has begun to run on PC during takeoff and everything was getting slow, so I "pulled in despair."But I recognize that lacked sensitivity from me. I will try to improve.Thanks for the comments.
I use it. It makes everything look a bit better. Haven't had any issues with it so far, using it since October '11.Care to share your settings. I'm using default ones, but they are too bright. And it's a bit silly when I can see everything clearly in the night. At the moment I'm in search of perfect *.ini file for ENB. Tried one they got on AOA, but it doesn't work...
DmitrijOn this site:simforums.com/forums/enb-bloom-mod-nicks-cOnfig-settings_topic32482.htmlI found some important ENB setups. I hope that helps. The NGX looks fantastic with these now colors.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

It's worth it if you down't mind having black screens and d3d9.dll crashes... :(

I also loved enbseries, but I had a lot crashes.(d3d9.dll)Also I spent a lot time to fix it.one solution:If you make PMDG737NGX visual config to LOW (only displays stay on HIGH), the results is stable enbseries. Try.

Edited by ivota

Ivo Crni

I also loved enbseries, but I had a lot crashes.(d3d9.dll)Also I spent a lot time to fix it.one solution:If you make PMDG737NGX visual config to LOW (only displays stay on HIGH), the results is stable enbseries. Try.
Thanks for the tip, Ivo. I will try. Also what I'm doing is, before changing camera view, is turn off (shift + F12) the ENB, to turn it back on the new vision. It has worked, although it may be only coincidence...

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

On this site:simforums.com/forums/enb-bloom-mod-nicks-cOnfig-settings_topic32482.htmlI found some important ENB setups. I hope that helps. The NGX looks fantastic with these now colors.
Thanks, I appreciate your help.

I've used ENB in the past but for whatever reason I had more instabilty with it installed than without. I have now replaced it with a payware utilty called 'shade'. It does the same thing but I it seems to be much moire stable.

Adam;Actually strobe lights are on in the most inappropriate possible place. But I love these light!!! And as there was no online flight, I decided to turn them on to stay "more beautiful". I would call it a "poetic license".The speed of rotation, is actually very fast. You'll notice that I had to cut the video shortly after takeoff because another program has begun to run on PC during takeoff and everything was getting slow, so I "pulled in despair."But I recognize that lacked sensitivity from me. I will try to improve.Thanks for the comments.
I apologize...don't really know what got into me. I guess it's a case of the Mondays....I don't usally criticize what other people do in their FS world. Combine that with the fact you were merely making a video to show off ENB. Didn't mean any hard feelings really...Hell it shouldn't really matter if you decided to load your NGX up on one of the stock aircraft carriers and catapult yoursellf to the moon...that's your decision. And this thread is about ENB not technique. Should have kept my mouth shut....Anyway, happy flying! Edited by adamant365

Thanks to all my fellow NGXers for your input.I guess it's up to me to deliberate on all the feedback.....if that's at all possible?!Rgds,

i7 8770K @ 4.7Ghz + Corsair H100i GTX  Water Cooler - 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000Mhz - NVidia RTX 2070 XC 8Gb - ACER X34 Predator IPS GSYNC 3440x1440 Monitor - ASUS ROG STRIX Z370H - 2 x Samsung SSD Pro 512Gb  - 1 x Samsung EVO 1Tb - Win 10 Pro 64  21H2 - MSFS

"All in, all the time"

Steve Summers

I apologize...don't really know what got into me. I guess it's a case of the Mondays....I don't usally criticize what other people do in their FS world. Combine that with the fact you were merely making a video to show off ENB. Didn't mean any hard feelings really...Hell it shouldn't really matter if you decided to load your NGX up on one of the stock aircraft carriers and catapult yoursellf to the moon...that's your decision. And this thread is about ENB not technique. Should have kept my mouth shut....Anyway, happy flying!
Adam;do not bother to apologize. I did not think malicious on your part, quite the contrary. I am an orthodontist, 38 years old, and events that the only ones that make me go near the real aviation are the fact that I am a pilot of model airplane , and have landed two times a Maule seaplane in the waters of the Amazon rainforest (amazing experience, by the way!!!). And the FSX, of course.So, I liked your opinion. It's good to know from you guys, who have experience with real and simulated aviation, what we are doing wrong. I have no hard feelings, you can be sure.I had great fun with the expression "catapult yoursellf to the moon". And I thank from my heart the comments.Reviewing today my video, I really pulled that stick too much. And I get the feeling that the plane looked like a Christmas tree taxiing with all those flashing lights. :LMAO:Happy flying to you too, my friend.
Thanks, I appreciate your help.
You're welcome, Dmitrij.Any evolution that you have on ENB, please put it here. It's always good to leave the NGX even more beautiful.

Best regards

Cristiano Mueller

What's with the bloom hate here?I've run it on both my old HP dv7, and my new Asus G74sx. No problems at all.I can post my settings if you want them (or go find time to get a screencap for you to see if you actually like it). I don't understand some of the comments here. By default, FSX doesn't shade enough at all. The fact that I can see the ground in the middle of the night west of DC is an indicator of that. If you don't believe me, you can meet me at JYO tonight and I'll take you up for a spin. You're not going to see a thing other than random house/town lights unless it's cloudless and a full moon.

Kyle Rodgers

I love using ENB and can't fly without it. It's a need, and I love the bloom effect. I only get a 1, and at most 2 FPS hit with my Dual core system.

What's with the bloom hate here?I've run it on both my old HP dv7, and my new Asus G74sx. No problems at all.I can post my settings if you want them (or go find time to get a screencap for you to see if you actually like it). I don't understand some of the comments here. By default, FSX doesn't shade enough at all. The fact that I can see the ground in the middle of the night west of DC is an indicator of that. If you don't believe me, you can meet me at JYO tonight and I'll take you up for a spin. You're not going to see a thing other than random house/town lights unless it's cloudless and a full moon.
Please do so :D.Settings from other site weren't very good. It's too damn dark now :D.

Will do. To be honest, a lot of the opinions of "it's too dark" are partially due to FS being poorly shaded for such a long time.

Kyle Rodgers