Sign in to follow this  
CoolP

How to get real prop sounds?

i dont change any on the sound.cfg, only put the sound of the beta or reverse of the PA46T and put them on the directory of the sound of the Tduke, backup the archives reversers of beta of the Tduke and replace the name of every archive of te PA46T by the name of the tDuke, just that. there are 8 archives of the Tduke that represent the beta reverser, all them just replace the name of the sounds of the PA46T by the duke, depending if it is exterior or interior.

there are 8 archives of the Tduke that represent the beta reverser, all them just replace the name of the sounds of the PA46T by the duke, depending if it is exterior or interior.
Oops, seems like I've missed some entries in my first post. So disregard that one.I can count some 7 entries in the T Duke's sound cfg, so I think that I have to look closer before giving any tips. Sorry for the confusion. :(

Sorry, not sure if i understand here, in the PA46T sound folder (Malibu Jet prop), there are only 2 files named rpmREV and xrpmREV. I take those 2 files and copy them in the Duke sound folder and name them Duke and then delete the original Duke reverse sounds. Right? Thanks.

Real Deraps

Hi therebeen following this topic since it started and imho stick with what andy1975 has stated in one of his previous post just stick with the defult carenado p46t malibu sounds you cant get any better than those one's atm .Ive tried the arezone pack i installed,iflew,i uninstalled ,to me they sounded very unrealistic, allthough they did have some other good sounds that i did like in the folder so i ended up swaping them out to my liking.As far as better sounds for the c 208 caravan like andy did swap the defult p46t malibu sounds folder into them,i also bought the arezone c208 pack and its the same didnt like it so stuck with the defult malibu sound but also swaped out a few sounds from the arezone pack to me liking for EG retractable gear down and up, fuel pump, reverse prop ..only reason for reverse prop as its was alot loader than defult.cheers

Sorry to be off topic:Don´t know who anybody does have purchased the nice DA Cheyenne. I exchanged allready some weeks ago the gyro sound from Carenado with the Cheyenne´s one and this comes pretty close to the video here ;-) , giving an extra sound-kick in the Malibu!You could also think of exchanging the door opening and close sounds, which doors mechanically seem to be of nearly same construction!
Andy,I apologize for being off topic also. I replaced the Malibu gyro sound with the Cheyenne gyro sound. I don't hear any difference, especially the distinctive click at the beginning of the Cheyenne's gyro wav. Did you change the volume in the sound.cfg at all? Correct me if I am wrong, but I should hear the gyros spool up when I turn the battery on, correct? Thanks.Bill

Andy,I apologize for being off topic also. I replaced the Malibu gyro sound with the Cheyenne gyro sound. I don't hear any difference, especially the distinctive click at the beginning of the Cheyenne's gyro wav. Did you change the volume in the sound.cfg at all? Correct me if I am wrong, but I should hear the gyros spool up when I turn the battery on, correct? Thanks.Bill
Bill,I raised up the Volume to I think about 10500 or even 11000 for the Gyro , just trying to recall, am not at my FSX-rig at the moment.

Andy,Thanks. I raised the volume to 10000 and now I hear the click followed by the gyro spool up of the Cheyenne wav when I turn the battery on. I also tried raising the volume of the default gyro wav, but I still could not hear it. I will stay with using the Cheyenne gyro wav in my Malibu.Bill

I also tried raising the volume of the default gyro wav, but I still could not hear it.
That made me wonder and I've looked at the spectrum of the sound files.The lower sound is the one from the Cheyenne, the upper one is from the JetProp. Both on same spectrum scales.soundq.jpgNow if you would be able to actually hear the JetProp gyro, you are running a very high volume (mind the other sounds then) or your ears have super powers. It's there, but very faint. Edited by CoolP

What I like about using the Cheyenne gyro wav is that not only can it be heard spooling up when you turn the battery on, but the gyro can also be heard winding down once you shut the battery off. I don't know if the gyro can be heard doing that in a real Malibu, but it sounds good.Bill

Yes, very nice detail on the Cheyenne. Still a great bird.On the topic with the prop sounds, I've tried to tune the piston Duke to get some more realistic prop dependency, but I've failed so far. For now, it doesn't make any difference on the sounds if I alter the prop rpm from 2700 to 2200 rpm for example. :(