Sign in to follow this  
J.P.

Praise the Lord for X-Plane!

After checking out MS Flight today I decided to get in touch with my religious self - here on the forum! :Praying:We should all realize how lucky we truly are. We have a wonderful simulator which is designed from the ground up to cater to the needs of the serious flight simming enthusiast. It has:- Worldwide scenery down to the roads.- Effectively every Airport and Navaid available in real life.- Beautiful visuals.- Great flight physics modeling giving the dynamic, lively and almost realistic impression of controlling an aircraft.- An honest, fair and straight up business model.- Ongoing and very dedicated support with significant improvements almost weekly.So, I want to publicly praise the Lord for X-Plane and thank Laminar for providing such an outstanding piece of software!If you feel so good about X-Plane that you want to get religious (especially in the face of MS Flight), join my thread. :(

Don't think I'll get very religious, but last week I did un-install FS9 and FSX (yes, even with hundreds + dollars of addons) and have commited to making XPX my future sim. Oh, and I won't be downloading Flight either. They just don't look right anymore.Glen

Gigabyte z590 UD - i5 11600k 4.9 GHz - 64gb 3600 MHz ram - RTX 3070 ti - multiple ssd - 34" 3440x1440 100 Hz Curved - Saitek Yoke Pedals Throttle Quadrant x2 - TM T16000m x2 Throttle - Win 11 Pro

I decided to also pass on Flight after following the discussions for the last few weeks. It's just not my idea of a flight sim.

After checking out MS Flight today I decided to get in touch with my religious self - here on the forum! :Praying:We should all realize how lucky we truly are. We have a wonderful simulator which is designed from the ground up to cater to the needs of the serious flight simming enthusiast. It has:- Worldwide scenery down to the roads.- Effectively every Airport and Navaid available in real life.- Beautiful visuals.- Great flight physics modeling giving the dynamic, lively and almost realistic impression of controlling an aircraft.- An honest, fair and straight up business model.- Ongoing and very dedicated support with significant improvements almost weekly.So, I want to publicly praise the Lord for X-Plane and thank Laminar for providing such an outstanding piece of software!If you feel so good about X-Plane that you want to get religious (especially in the face of MS Flight), join my thread. :(
Amen

We should all realize how lucky we truly are. We have a wonderful simulator which is designed from the ground up to cater to the needs of the serious flight simming enthusiast.
+1 :(

After checking out MS Flight today I decided to get in touch with my religious self - here on the forum!
Soul saving, in some parts of this country, is a money making endeavor. AVSIM doesn't include "soul saving" in its charter, but as any good entrepreneur would, we are open to donations commensurate with the value of, in this case, your soul. So, please, as you leave today, place your $200,000 donation in the basket at the door... :( :(

Soul saving, in some parts of this country, is a money making endeavor. AVSIM doesn't include "soul saving" in its charter, but as any good entrepreneur would, we are open to donations commensurate with the value of, in this case, your soul. So, please, as you leave today, place your $200,000 donation in the basket at the door... :( :(
Aw... man! Silly me! Looks like I forgot my wallet at home this Sunday...

Im also a devote XP supporter and have ditched everything else including my huge FSX addon collection. However, I like Flight for what it is. A way for people new to flightsims to get their feet wet. Anything that can lure new people into this hobby, is a good thing. So although I love XP10, I support Flight for its (hopefull) ability to bring more people to X-Plane eventually down the road.Rob

Likely the Lord has not been too involved with any of the flightsims. Otherwise they might all work better! :(

Likely the Lord has not been too involved with any of the flightsims. Otherwise they might all work better! :(
You can throw professional football into that mix too;-)

Have you ever seen the movie "The Stepford wives" ? This is where men tried to create the perfect woman. You will need to watch the movie to see how that worked out.Bob

- Great flight physics modeling giving the dynamic, lively and almost realistic impression of controlling an aircraft.
As an RV6 owner................I wonder which has the best "flight physics"? :( I hear the "Flight" RV6 model.....isn't too bad.L.Adamson

I downloaded it this morning. I already have 2400 points in my first flight, a water landing, (a bit hard, but the lady instructor complimented me on it anyway). And I didn't hit any of the Blender rendered balloons. :( I haven't ordered any addons though, my XYL put a restraining order on addons after getting this 46" monitor.

praise the Lord for X-Plane
Amen to that!!Did try Flight, but it did not lasted more then 30min on my HD. Edited by Pirata

Windows 11 | Asus Z690-P D4 | i7 12700KF 5.2GHz | 32GB G.Skill (XMP II) | EVGA 3060Ti FTW Ultra | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alfa + Bravo

The almighty Lord works in mysterious ways... :(