Sign in to follow this  
Manny

The Shader version of your video card does not meet the minimum requirement?

I just installed Flight and I tried running it and it game me a pop error message saying. The Shader version of your video card does not meet the minimum requirement. The program will noe exitHmm... I have a GTX8800 video cardWhelp! I tried restarting the flight and this time I got a black screen

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

OK. I tried again it seems to have fixed itself... except now, my controls don't work. The aircraft on the mission is on its own.. It does not accept my left right arrows keys from keyboard, not the yoke and not the mouse. I checed the game control setting and it seems to have the X Y and Z axis correctly assigned.Hmm...

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

I'm a bit miffed too. Took nearly four hours to download and then it tells me that my gfx card is not up to the job. Would have been nice if the installer could have given me that nugget of information BEFORE I wasted the time and the download wastage of 1.5gb :Phbbbt:

5950X, RTX3090, 32GB@3600, Samsung Evo NVME 1TB, Warthog HOTAS, MFG Crosswinds, Reverb G2.

I can't start Ms Flight. I use the newest video driver, I have a GTX560Ti (DirectX 11). This should be sufficiant.Can anybody help me, please?

I can't start Ms Flight. I use the newest video driver, I have a GTX560Ti (DirectX 11). This should be sufficiant. Can anybody help me, please?
if you run DXDiag on your system, what does it say about your graphics state?Does DX9 Shader Model 3 support show up?Do the DXDiag tests run?

Hi Phil,It's really good to see you. I hope you don't mind me asking this. What do you think of Flight sir?Kind regards,

if you run DXDiag on your system, what does it say about your graphics state?Does DX9 Shader Model 3 support show up?Do the DXDiag tests run?
Hi Phil,thank you for responding to my problem. I don't see anything about DX9 Shader Model 3. Anything else seems to be okay. What I don't understand is that DirectDraw acceleration, Direct3D and AGP surface acceleration are not available.How do I see anything about the Shader Model? If I am correct, DX11 uses Shader Model 5.0?kind regards.

I am really interested in this thread, as I have a new GTX 560 Ti in the box awaiting installation. While I am hopeful I will not run into an issue, I realize I just may.Keep us posted on your progress guys!

I am running a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti 1.25GB GDDR5 without problems. Flight set to High + Maximal. FRAPS gives a framerate up to 60 and 70.

Hi Don: I'm running driver version 295.73 and have not tried the latest nVidia Driver version 296.10. So I asked a developer over at the beta site about this issue. (Pre release Flight was tested with driver version 295.73)He replied this:

The only cause I am aware of for this is the ATI Tray Tools program, but that probably isn't impacting the nVidia card scenario. The driver is possible, but unlikely. Can they provide a DxDiag.txt as a first step? The second step would be to install the DirectX SDK and run the Caps viewer to look for what shader version it is reporting.
IMO Installing “the DirectX SDK” is somehow a nuisance, it’s a big download just to get the Caps Viewer, and then it is hard to find the shader version.Another trusted user there, also replied he installed driver version 296.10 and had no problem at all.If you run into trouble, you can then try and install version 295.73.

Another trusted user there, also replied he installed driver version 296.10 and had no problem at all.If you run into trouble, you can then try and install version 295.73.
I am actually running the latest official drivers now - 296.10 - with my GTX 460 with absolutely no issue.So I am hopefull all will be well when I do install the new card.I hope these guys can get their issue resolved. Just made me wonder " what if" when I install the new one.Thanks,

Don: Then I guess you should be fine.Just make sure your power supply can deliver enough juice for the card.The GTX560 I have needs:

• Minimum system power: 450W
  • Power requirements: 2x 6-pin PCI-E power connections

Oh yes indeed Ramon, I have a 1000w Corsair p/s... I have always been of the attitude - always better to have too much, than not enough... :smile:Excellent point for those looking to upgrade their video cards - always have to take the power supply available into consideration.