Sign in to follow this  
Guest mna27

Outrageous Pricing hurting Microsoft Flight......

For VFR and IFR charts: http://skyvector.com/$20 for an MS quality aircraft is too much. You consider this is on top of a seriously restricted area of the world compared to what we got with FSX, FS2004 etc... which also included about 10 aircraft as standard!! Rip off!Best regards,Robin.

For VFR and IFR charts: http://skyvector.com/$20 for an MS quality aircraft is too much. You consider this is on top of a seriously restricted area of the world compared to what we got with FSX, FS2004 etc... which also included about 10 aircraft as standard!! Rip off!Best regards,Robin.
The RV alone that comes with the add-on is worth $20, IMO.

Ark

--------------------------

I9 9900K @ 5ghz / 32GB G.Skill (Samsung B) / Aorus Master Mobo / EVGA GTX 2080Ti FTW 3

I totally understand where you're coming from, but just to play devils advocate, here's a what if: Lets say you want to fly from Iran to Israel. What happens when you come to Iran/Iraq border? Or maybe a more clear example: You own Arizona and Texas but not New Mexico. Will you be able to fly from Phoenix to Dallas without taking the northern route if you own those regions?
The short answer: no. Hawaii glitches when you fly off the map. I strongly suspect the distributed regions will not be contiguous, even if they just put ocean between them.Best regards,Robin.
I totally understand where you're coming from, but just to play devils advocate, here's a what if: Lets say you want to fly from Iran to Israel. What happens when you come to Iran/Iraq border? Or maybe a more clear example: You own Arizona and Texas but not New Mexico. Will you be able to fly from Phoenix to Dallas without taking the northern route if you own those regions?
The short answer: no. Hawaii glitches when you fly off the map. I strongly suspect the distributed regions will not be contiguous, even if they just put ocean between them.Best regards,Robin.

Not sure what you mean here Jeroen....You just center the needle with a "TO" indication and fly that heading (roughly... compensating for wind to keep the needle centered).That will take you right to the VOR dialed in.
LOL Thanks, I knew that! :wink: I was talking about finding the right radials to get from (for instance) a VOR to a specific airport. But the question has been answered a few times already and everytime I read an answer I though "Of course... why didn't I think of that..." :wink" The information can't be found in the game itself but of course and obviously it can be found elsewhere...

Avionics switch is on the lower panel on the pilot's side. Look for the white switch just to the left of the prop knob (blue one!). Click on it to turn on the radio stack's power.
Thanks n4gix, much appreciated indeed. :smile:

in a weird way history of addons buying repeats itself . we paid lets say about 70 for FSX (yes FSX was not 30$ some years ago).over time we went to 3rd party devs for products and replace what was already there including the default aircraft. This time with flight you can zoom out on the top view and see the rest of the world that i asume its in the same form of the rest of the island chain with no detail if you dont own that area .This time we have to cover all of that with MS own products . take the maule for instance (Yes i know that the AP does not work) but would you consider paying for a maule with the quality you see in Flight to replace the one on FSX ? just the way the lighting works on flight aircrafts makes it worth paying for, i think .

Edited by rtodepart

Image removed as image is no longer available.

$20 for Hawaii is expensive if one has no interest in flying there and when compared to default FSX, if one was happy getting the whole world at FSX default.
Have to agree with this. I have no particul;ar interest in flying in Hawaii.
An interesting thought though is what price things should be, take a look at the apple market, and apps there very rarely are above 15 dollars, with many around a couple at most, their cheapness makes them sell better.
Food for thought - for MS and us.
$20 for an MS quality aircraft is too much. You consider this is on top of a seriously restricted area of the world compared to what we got with FSX, FS2004 etc... which also included about 10 aircraft as standard!! Rip off!
Please remind me - how much did we pay for FS2004 or FSX?
just the way the lighting works on flight aircrafts makes it worth paying for, i think .
Dont't get me wrong. I am very impressed with what I have seen of FLIGHT so far. But do let us not get carried away. We will have to be very selective in what DLC we buy unless we have very deep pockets. We will be buying the WHOLE game as DLC not just add-ons to an already whole game..

The aircraft in Flight are modeled both visually and systems as well as any GA FSX 3rd party aircraft, if not better, and for 1/2 the price. So I beg to differ.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Dont't get me wrong. I am very impressed with what I have seen of FLIGHT so far. But do let us not get carried away. We will have to be very selective in what DLC we buy unless we have very deep pockets. We will be buying the WHOLE game as DLC not just add-ons to an already whole game.
trevor i follow you 100% . the point i was trying to make is that we went and replace almost every airport or scenery that was already there for the initial price . so in a way we paid for it again.

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Please remind me - how much did we pay for FS2004 or FSX?
Please remind me, how much of freeware content you got when you bought FSX. Just look at avsim library.Flight needs 3rd party addons as soon as possible, damn I want to fly over my home region, not above some islands 7.000nm away from where I am. Edited by g_precentralis

Please remind me, how much of freeware content you got when you bought FSX. Just look at avsim library.Flight needs 3rd party addons as soon as possible, damn I want to fly over my home region, not above some islands 7.000nm away from where I am.
If flight would have come out with an sdk - availability to add addons - by now there would have been available 40 to 100 addons FOR FREE already ! - Not to mention it would have also helped avsim file library keep going - and maybe bring in some more developers investments in the form of banners display.

I think $20 for the full islands and game is a fine price.You have the Icon for water and the Vans for speed.It's very well done, with lots of activities to keep you coming back.

Sorry to disagree but how can you say that for a game like Flight that possibilities are almost endless (like FSX, still play it daily since 2006) compare to say, Need for Speed The Run which, after completed in about 24 hours of play time, will most likely collect dust ? I for one is fortunate to be able to afford any add-ons I like so Flight DLC does not rebuke me; my point is, as is, Flight interest may well surpass 24 hours of game time, even whitout buying any DLC....Alain from Montreal
I see your point Alain, but your using a predominantly story-driven game as your comparison. I could argue that I could spend hours and hours playing Modern Warfare or Forza Motorsport, and the DLC for those games is considerably cheaper. I just think that this game must be viewed from the perspective of a gamer and not just a simmer, and from that perspective $20 is too much for a relatively small bit of DLC. Edited by merc05

The aircraft in Flight are modeled both visually and systems as well as any GA FSX 3rd party aircraft, if not better, and for 1/2 the price. So I beg to differ.
Big call.Fuel tank switches, autopilot, other random switches not modelled. No GPS, I think we don't have NDB support either. I don't think the vc interaction is brilliant right now, just pretty good.My favourite ga in fsx is the realair duke turbine. So far, i'd definitely prefer to be flying this than what's available in Flight. I agree with the cost being better, I'm suprised at the amount of negativity towards the pricing in Flight. People need to stop comparing it to FSX default, sure you get lots of planes and the whole world, but most of it is rubbish. I would never fly a default FSX plane, or fly over default terrain. If you're used to flying with 100% payware, the pricing for Flight looks pretty good.I hope to see Flight DLC planes with the full Real air/a2a/carenado functionality in the near future. If the underlying flight model coding is improved as is claimed, then a relatively complex ga plane fully modelled plus Flight's graphics and lighting engines will be a beautiful thing.

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Well, I think its fair for flight to be compared with COD or BF, its the different genre, but the same commercial model.