Sign in to follow this  
MrSpeaker

No VC rain

Looks like MS missed the boat on this again, seeing how its such a limited game and limited weather engine it would have been nice to see some good effects on the windshield, what could possibly be the excuse this time, I mean Flight's engine is so much better then fsx. :rolleyes:

When you fly in a real plane above 70 knots, you don't see huge raindrops drippling along the canopy either. Even in a Bell 47 helicopter (and I have many real world hours passenger and gaining technician's hands on time in then) fly fast enough to blow the rain off the canopy. Most perspexes are cleaned with a water repellant polish so even when standing on the ground, water will just tend to pearl off. At speed you see the rain streaks, but usually there is enough laminar airflow and water repellant action for the canopies to stay clear.You aren't really missing much.Oh - and if your car wipers fail - yes, you will have problems. You just can't keep 70+ MPH up unless you are on the Gernan Autobahns. Yes - I have turned my wipers of in rain at 130 MPH. (don't do this unless you have great faith in the road ahead! Four%20Leaf%20Clover.gif because unfortunately the laminar flow over cars is not as smooth as over aeroplanes...

Chris Brisland - the repainter known as EagleSkinner is back from the dead. Perhaps. Or maybe not.

System: Intel I9 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 3090 graphics 24 GB VRAM, three 32" Samsung monitors, Logitech yoke, pedals, switch panel, multi panel

Often the rain drops are simulated too big (Orbx Lancair for instance), but it would be nice to have because it's certainly noticeable in RL.

Rain Drops DLC coming April.2012 for 800ms points :LMAO:
Is that a package, or per raindrop...?

And for an additional 400 MS pts. "Bug Splat 2.0"

Edited by NWarty

Blake

Well so much for that lady that wants me to land so she can pee. Now she is going to have to wait till we land and use her own points with the PayPerDrop prices. :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: ... flight brings nothing but fun .

Image removed as image is no longer available.

I really do like FLIGHT! but I have to admit that for a modern game, there are things with weather and even cockpit rain that could be done better. They could definitely learn (crib) some things from Bird of preys weather effects, and weather sound-stage.Effects like this in flight would drop a lot of jaws, and probably close some other mouths.

Edited by HiFlyer'

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Effects like this in flight would drop a lot of jaws,
did mine... looks pretty hokey to me. :Sigh:

railworks 3 has some amazing detail on the rain drops there is videos in youtube .

did mine... looks pretty hokey to me. :Sigh:
Its all a matter of taste, of course. If you like Flights depiction much better.... that's cool too!I do remember Mathijs at Aerosoft once saying however that 3PD's like themselves had learned over the years that even the hardest of hardcore simmers preferred dramatizations of some things that were in real life boring. Such as wing flex, which is apparently negligible in real life, yet even the hardest of hard core simmers demanded it. He also gave other examples of things routinely dramatized that differed from real life.Sometimes in these things, a little presentation can be nice! :smile: Edited by HiFlyer'

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Its all a matter of taste, of course. If you like Flights depiction much better.... that's cool too!
I was thinking more of the lines of what it looks like when you actually fly in rain... a lot what the stormpup said for light rain and you saw the C172 in heavy rain (although it just about stops by the time he stops)... and it blows off or hardly collects on the sides...Only times you wish for wipers are maybe short final and during taxi... then (taxiing) it's pop a door and stick your head outside Big%20Grin.gif

Plexus to clean the bugs off the wind screen, 600 points.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

newspaper works even better . 20 MS points :LMAO: ..