Sign in to follow this  
pkoskineh77

FSX bad perfomance with GTX 580 and I 5 2500K

As you said and I have read that it allows the managment on the driver level. Thus I assume it let's NVidia manage it (in my case at least as I use NVidia). Again leading me to assume that it might make use of all the attached GPU's memory. I only assume this as I really know little about it. Thus the reason I asked!

You probably have some major background processes also. I know O&O defrag catches me sometimes before I catch it.

This should do it for you. Word Not Allowed abbreviated the entries above. Please try.[bufferPools]UsePools = 0

Think of the BufferPool as a dedicated block of memory - a "reservoir" - for data coming from the drive(s) (could be Ultra-fast SSD's) into the CPU's processing area - some might need manipulation - some could - should go directly to the gpu - with all eventually going to the GPU.If the GPU is sufficiently powerful it can do the video processing itself, allowing the CPU to 'do other things' - hence BP can equal '0'. If SSD's are involved you will likely need a BP - say 100meg as an example - could be 450 meg. This would be a matter of patience, trying for the most favorable size. Having found a large BP size that give speed and stability - make it smaller, and create a reject threshold: more patience and more experimenting with sizes. There's a TON of info here about this subject. With only a 580 and a 4.5 gig-plus CPU to consider, no BP is generally needed, so - as Word Not Allowed said:-[bufferPools]UsePools = 0

i7 4790K@4.8GHz | 32GB RAM | EVGA RTX 3080Ti | Maximus Hero VII | 512GB 860 Pro | 512GB 850 Pro | 256GB 840 Pro | 2TB 860 QVO | 1TB 870 EVO | Seagate 3TB Cloud | EVGA 1000 GQ | Win10 Pro | EK Custom water cooling.

Sorry for being short all in all - reason is vacation and ipad :-)But everyone explained it correctly. Bp0 is the best one can get if configured correctly.

Sorry for being short all in all - reason is vacation and ipad :-)But everyone explained it correctly. Bp0 is the best one can get if configured correctly.
I hear you on typing on non normal devices. I even hate typing on my laptop compared to my desk top!I tell you one thing, after testing this tweak in the McPhat freeware HD AAL Livery NGX at FSDT KLAX and MS SoCal/MSE California I noticed:A) Textures load way faster, less blurry (in fact zero blurries):( Are up about 5-8FPSOnly down side I notice is the slight hiccup here and there (slight stutters when stuff is loading, for example when on short final at KLAX as scenery pops in there).I used NHancer to cap my frames at 30FPS. But still had those slight hiccups....

I have a 580 and 4ghz but am getting graphic flashing with usepools=0 and framerate unlimited
Its because textures have not loaded into GPU memory by the time the frame needs to be drawn on screen. You could try[Display]TextureMaxLoad=60 //decrease or increase as necessary. Default is 3and/or try[TERRAIN]SWAP_WAIT_TIMEOUT=60 //decrease or increase as necessary. Default is 30. and/or try setting water to one notch below maximum,or instead of using usepools=0 try[bUFFERPOOLS]RejectThreshold=65536 //64KB

Stephen Munn

I have a 580 and 4ghz but am getting graphic flashing with usepools=0 and framerate unlimited
Of course you are. Unlimited frames is deadly when using BP=0. An internal lock is a must, or at least a FPS limiter set low enough. Also as DJJose said below my post: water at 2.0 High.I wish people asking about these things would research first and learn about the tweaks before actually applying them. I am going to give suggestions what can be used, but I won't be explaining in each and every post I make a suggestion about, what a tweak is exactly doing and what are exact configurations around it.There are enough posts around, just gotta do a little search.That would save you as a poster many many headaches.You can't go repairing a car if you only know how to change a tire or someone told you to turn a screw to the right to unscrew it.

Set your water to H2x and lock your FSX fps at 30. Enjoy!This issue is driver related, but it could also be new video cards related.With my gtx 480 I was never able to stop flashes without setting my water to H2x. I put my old gtx 285, put the old 182.50 vista 64 drivers, set a bp of 300mb, and now I can use any water setting without flashes, sim is smooth, and textures are sharp.Before you go looking to change your card, I checked the price of new gtx 285s and they are $300-$500. Rediculous! FSX is always been CPU speed dependent.I was wrong. I thought I needed to upgrade my card to a gtx 580, instead I had to downgrade.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.