Sign in to follow this  
Swoop

Forget Alaska, I'd like to see California, L.A. Man!

I think the title says it all...beaches, mountains, desert, and the west side. All within 100 miles of each other. Now that would be some scenery diversity...let's see if Flight can handle it or how it handles it?Mark

Edited by Swoop

:good:Considering that you really get a million dollar view of the scenery in Flight, I wouldn't mind seeing a lot of stunning 'locales' modeled.

lived in La/oc for 30 years. Its all brown brush. I love the Pnw!

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Guest Antlab
I think the title says it all...beaches, mountains, desert, and the west side. All within 100 miles of each other. Now that would be some scenery diversity...let's see if Flight can handle it or how it handles it?
At present I see a little problem. Flight has no car traffic or other signs of urban life, so populated urban areas as L.A. or S.F. would probably seem quite strange, with giant void roads. This is maybe, I suspect, the reasons for which MS chose to start with Hawaii and Alaska, and it remains to be seen how the engine will work in other situations (DLC for cars and trucks maybe?).A.

At present I see a little problem. Flight has no car traffic or other signs of urban life, so populated urban areas as L.A. or S.F. would probably seem quite strange, with giant void roads. This is maybe, I suspect, the reasons for which MS chose to start with Hawaii and Alaska, and it remains to be seen how the engine will work in other situations (DLC for cars and trucks maybe?).A.
The more likely reason is that it is a huge area of auto-generated wilderness where no landmark buildings need to be designed, no road network to speak of, etc. I suspect that will be the hallmark of all future large areas. Small ares like Hawaii can be in slightly higher detail, but let's face it, even Hawaii is mostly the same terrain with some development here and there, except for Oahu.We have yet to see Alaska and we know that Hawaii was a real showcase DLC. Alaska will likely better represent the DLC to come.

I'd love to see the land of 10,000 lakes... :unsure:

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Eh, MS is going to have to throw some bones to the folks in Europe to keep interest going. Maybe something in the Alps??

Eh, MS is going to have to throw some bones to the folks in Europe to keep interest going. Maybe something in the Alps??
Have to agree,spent 90% of my sim flying time in Europe over the past 15 years.Mainland USA holds no interest for me.Looking forward to Alaska all the same but hoping some part of Europe is covered before the end of 2012.Hawaii is very nice apart from being empty of life(cars/birds/animals/atc/ai/empty int airports etc),hopefully all added sooner or later.

I was thinking the Alps too. Northern Italy, Switzerland and Austria. Something like that. Maybe England/British Isles.

I hope when or if they do Cali they dont do what Megascenery did in the beginning and leave out sections of the state. Or at least if they are going to break it up make sure the sections they do are complete. Maybe they could split it up into 4 or 5 sections and do the whole state. But to just do LA or SFO or San Diego leaves out a lot.

even Hawaii is mostly the same terrain with some development here and there, except for Oahu.
In the game, maybe, but not in reality. the Big Island enjoys all but one or two the Koppen Climate Classification types. Since they used satellite photos as a base, it seems that this Hawaii Scenery pack has modeled the variety on several of the islands quite well.

Jeff Bea

I am an avid globetrotter with my trusty Lufthansa B777F, Polar Air Cargo B744F, and Atlas Air B748F.

I think if I was a developer and had a choice, I would probably go for Las vegas and the surrounding rather than California.Megascenery showed that a large but limited sandbox would work in that area

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5