Sign in to follow this  
ckukmale

Australia DLC hint perhaps in paintschemes

Was looking through the paint schemes just now, because I had got some new liveries for completing a clandestine mission. I was browing through and noticed in the Stearman section, an Australian Navy paint. I wonder if this is an early hint that perhaps Australia is on their list of DLC content. Would make sense if they released an airliner for example then you would have a stepping stone so to speak, Alaska, then Hawaii, then Australia. Only a thought though.Craig

I hope you can press "n" to skip some of that.... Those would be some brutally long flights. Or at least give a cozy first class seat you can go to and watch some Hulu or YouTube to pass the time.

Australia as a DLC would be awesome! My home! That would make me very happy.

They could do Tasmania, which is fairly small compared to the whole continent. I'd like Australian scenery.

Cheers, Bert

AMD Ryzen 5900X, 32 GB RAM, RTX 3080 Ti, Windows 11 Home 64 bit, MSFS

Yeah Tassie would be nice. Quite similar to WA. Gorges, great coastline and mountains...I would love to see an improvement over the Perth area from FSX. (Can't afford ORBX as much as I would love it!).

Australian DLC would be fantastic! I just hope that the city scenery is improved, especially my home town of Adelaide! While it's fantastic that FSX had Adelaide, Parafield and the Edinburgh Military Base, it just didn't have that Adelaide feel to it. On the main approach that flies past the city there should be buildings and stuff there :

and in FSX there really isn't much... even ORBX was a slight disappointment....

Take a closer look at the paint scheme. It has a Kangaroo (Australian) roundel, but it says 'Royal Navy' - which is the navy of the UK. The Australian Navy is called (funnily enough) 'Royal Australian Navy'. And I don't whether the RN, or the RAN, ever operated Stearmans. So it's just a fantasy paint job.And I doubt whether any police force ever operated RV-6s (look at the RV-6 paint jobs). The Nigerian Airforce did though. So it'd be good to have a Nigerian paint scheme (cue the jokes about Nigerian scammers!)

As kid i was hooked at the aussie serie "Flying doctors". I was in love with Kate. From that time i had the urgent feeling to visit down under. 10 years ago i stayed there for 1 year and yes...i want DU as DLC but only if i they bring in Kates voice as nurse...

I'd love the opportunity to do some outback flying in Flight. Having done some for real, there's nothing else that really compares.

Birdsville for a fly-in and a beer bash, mate! :yahoo:Best regards.Luis
Yep, been there, done that, bought the T-shirt, got the hangover :good:

Dangerous move for MS. They would be deliberately going head to head with Orbx, and unless they are ready to lay down some super serious cash and development time to move beyond the level of detail shown in Hawaii, they cannot help but come off badly.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

They would be deliberately going head to head with Orbx
Unless of course MS contracted ORBX to do the work for Flight....... :Thinking: