Sign in to follow this  
Dogstar23

Future DLC Wish List and What I'd Pay

DLC wish list and what I'd pay for it:

• Microsoft Flight: Navigation (activates all navigation equipment in the game, including auto-pilots and has a flight planner) $39.00
  • Microsoft Flight: Traffic (AI flight traffic individual modules for purchase for GA, Business Jets, Helicopters, Real World Airlines, and Military) $89.00 for the bundle
  • Microsoft Flight: Advanced Weather (includes real world weather, weather reports, customization and upgraded weather graphics, bacially Active Sky) $54.00
  • Microsoft Flight: ATC (includes ATC covering VFR and IFR) $120 (if they do an absolutely great job with it)
  • Microsoft Flight: Advanced Textures (includes upgraded buildings and more variety of buildings and improved building and city lights at night). $49 per major region (i.e. USA)
  • Microsoft Flight: Roads (includes AI road/railway traffic, real world road and railway placement and improved night lighting for roads/railways). $39 per major region (i.e. USA)
  • Microsoft Flight: Universe (includes all of the above packages) $349.00 (a $50 dollar discount on buying it individually)

Of couse before I purchased the above, I would want to first see continued DLC GA aircraft, business and commercial jets and the release of major geographic regions around the globe and eventual support for VATSIM/integration with ATC programs.

Lol are you serious? That's 740 bucks in total! For basically what you can buy today for 28 bucks at amazon.com. It's called FSX and for the remaining 712 dollars you can upgrade your Hardware to run it on maxed settings. Sorry, but I would NEVER pay anything near that for the above mentioned. Especially because that would still be stock FS. I am always happy to pay money for good addons from third party developers, but what you are talking about is just the basis to run all that other stuff on...which won't happen for Flight! anyways since they excluded third-party developers.

You also missed the pay per state or region DLC. I don't know how much they will cost on average, but if it's only US $20.00 per state, then you must add US $1,000.00 just for the USA, go figure the rest ot the world.

Lol are you serious? That's 740 bucks in total! For basically what you can buy today for 28 bucks at amazon.com. It's called FSX and for the remaining 712 dollars you can upgrade your Hardware to run it on maxed settings. Sorry, but I would NEVER pay anything near that for the above mentioned. Especially because that would still be stock FS. I am always happy to pay money for good addons from third party developers, but what you are talking about is just the basis to run all that other stuff on...which won't happen for Flight! anyways since they excluded third-party developers.
Not at all. If you buy just FSX and you are serious about flight simming you will be very disapointed. Anyone serious about their FSX flying has addons for most if not all of the DLC items I mentioned and has paid about those prices, so I think it is very realistic. Once other huge upside to having it all through MSF, which costs nothing, is not having to deal with a half-dozen third-parties and managing all the patches and such and compaibility issues and tweaking and having to constantly check forums for issues.

You also missed the pay per state or region DLC. I don't know how much they will cost on average, but if it's only US $20.00 per state, then you must add US $1,000.00 just for the USA, go figure the rest ot the world.
I don't know why people keep thinking Microsoft will slowly release scenery for the entire US on a state-by-state basis or something similar. I mean really, who would want to buy Journey to Indiana or Journey to Iowa? I'm pretty sure they'll never release the entire US and will instead focus on specific areas in or out of the US that have beautiful scenery. That's perfectly fine by me.As to the OP's thoughts, I really doubt Microsoft is going to come out with DLC for road traffic, etc., especially at those prices. This is a product aimed at the general public. Who would pay $40 just to see some cars driving around when coming in to land?

My guess is that they will do like third-parties have done in the past not by state but by region (I think Hawaii and Alaska will be more the exception as you have no other choice for now). For instance you will have U.S.A. West, U.S.A Central and U.S.A. East probably each at $39 or somthing like that. Currently, people serious about flight simming on FSX probably easily have between $500 and $1000 in extra adons. Basically, you could have all the essential add ons that I mentioned a few extra jets and GA planes in the hanger and an entire major region such as the USA for six or seven hundred dollars. Or you can stick to Microsoft Flight Hawawii for free and just keep it light and as more of a game.

Who would pay $40 just to see some cars driving around when coming in to land?
Honestly, if it didn't impact performance, I might as i love that feature in FSX, but it takes a toll, LOL.

Best, Michael

KDFW

SInce MS Flight is a project in progress and not finished yet at all, it could well be possible that MS will add certain functionality for free as updates to the base package. Someone said elsewhere that if MS would have wanted to release as one finished product, they probably would have been working on it for a few years before they released it. But they released it now already and also said it's a work in progress, so... I wouldn't be surprised if specific functionality will be added with some automatic free update...!Of course I also wouldn't be surprised if this is not the case. :wink:

Guest Antlab
Microsoft Flight: Universe (includes all of the above packages) $349.00 (a $50 dollar discount on buying it individually)
For that price I pretend to be able to fly with the Discovery around Jupiter's moons, and with HAL 9000 as Autopilot :-)A.

I don't know why people keep thinking Microsoft will slowly release scenery for the entire US on a state-by-state basis or something similar. I mean really, who would want to buy Journey to Indiana or Journey to Iowa? I'm pretty sure they'll never release the entire US and will instead focus on specific areas in or out of the US that have beautiful scenery. That's perfectly fine by me.As to the OP's thoughts, I really doubt Microsoft is going to come out with DLC for road traffic, etc., especially at those prices. This is a product aimed at the general public. Who would pay $40 just to see some cars driving around when coming in to land?
Regarding roads, one of the more popular DLCs for FSX is Ultimate Terrian USA, which is essentially real world roads and some improved night lighting. It costs $34.95.

I don't know why people keep thinking Microsoft will slowly release scenery for the entire US on a state-by-state basis or something similar. I mean really, who would want to buy Journey to Indiana or Journey to Iowa? I'm pretty sure they'll never release the entire US and will instead focus on specific areas in or out of the US that have beautiful scenery. That's perfectly fine by me.
My guess is that they will do like third-parties have done in the past not by state but by region (I think Hawaii and Alaska will be more the exception as you have no other choice for now). For instance you will have U.S.A. West, U.S.A Central and U.S.A. East probably each at $39 or somthing like that. People serious about flight simming with FSX probably easily have between $500 and $1000 in extra adons. Basically, you could have all the essential add ons that I mentioned a few extra jets and GA planes in the hanger and an entire major region such as the USA for six or seven hundred dollars. Or you can stick to Microsoft Flight Hawawii for free and just keep it light and as more of a game.
GTI: My previous answer was just a guess, and only MS know how it will be. I don't mind spending, but not knowing MS sales plan has everybody guessing about prices, content, DLC strategy, etc.As you, I don't think they will release State By State, and 'Dogstar23 has a point, It will probably be by geographical areas. Which makes much more sense, as it would be annoying to fly over low res scenery you don't own when doing transcontinental flight.

For that price I pretend to be able to fly with the Discovery around Jupiter's moons, and with HAL 9000 as Autopilot :-)
Hey...there is a sim for that. I had it back when I was in Jr. High...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Microsoft_Space_SimulatorI can't remember very much of it, nor did I really know what I was doing at the time - but I really did like the concept.

Well I cannot offer feedback on what I might pay for future DLC, as I am holding out for Track IR Support in the sim... I did buy Hawaii Adventure and the Maule, but that is it.Oh, have I mentioned, I really really want native Track IR support in Flight? :wink: