Sign in to follow this  
tarsky

Aerocache Wailau Valley

Tried this aerocache this morning but it seems impossible.......Think we need a helicopter to do this one .....???

Use the icon it is easySent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

I managed to get it by diving very steeply and pulling up just at the right time.... took me a few white knuckle tries to get it but finally got it....

I just got it by using the Icon, circled until I could get the approach 'up' the valley, full throttle and just touched the top of it and pulled up into an Immelman to get out of there in one piece.Challenging and just fun enough :Party:

I just got it by using the Icon, circled until I could get the approach 'up' the valley, full throttle and just touched the top of it and pulled up into an Immelman to get out of there in one piece.Challenging and just fun enough :Party:
This is exactly how I got it. Good stuff!

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

Thing is, it seems to be in The Wailua Valley, which is on Molokai. Not the Wailau Valley - which is on Kauai. (according to Google maps).Oh, and meh, I just got it by crashing. :Peace:Edit: If you think that one's hard: try the Hinalele Falls. Crashing into that results in 'Crash, Aerocache lost'.

Oh, and meh, I just got it by crashing. :Peace:
If you crash, you lose the aerocache.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

Thing is, it seems to be in The Wailua Valley, which is on Molokai. Not the Wailau Valley - which is on Kauai. (according to Google maps).Oh, and meh, I just got it by crashing. :Peace:
Just FYI, the names tend to get recycled between islands. For instance, I believe there's a Waimea Valley on every island!I haven't been to Molokai and am not very familiar with it, so I can't attest to this aerocache being in a correct location or not, though.I did managed to get it in the RV by approaching slowly up the valley with a bit of flaps in, then jamming the throttle forward and pulling back into an Immelman turn. Be careful trying it this way, though... I was on the edge of stalling and nearly entered an inverted spin.

If you crash, you lose the aerocache.
Not if you can keep airborne for a few seconds after you get it. Ie until the achievement shows up in the bottom right corner of the screen.

I got that aerocache after many attempts by "walking". I landed in a clear area near the observatory and walked my way through the falls and through the cache. For this you need to know your directions.Got the aerocache. (no cheating...)

Pierre

Got it in the Stearman, not too hard, then climbed to 5000 feet and practiced spins all the way down. :Hypnotized:Best regards.Luis

There are a few Aerocache locations in a deep cavity or by a waterfall that are fairly difficult & took me many approaches. One was downright impossible and I had to find a tiny patch of grass to throw down my crop duster & get out and walk to the aerocache.

That one was easy IMO. Just took the Maule up near the top of the valley and took a dive down to get it, then pulled up.

Brandon Filer