Sign in to follow this  
aceridgey

Improvment for SP1?

Hi Bryan, looking forward to your reply from my pm earlier.I have noticed that the recorded sounds for UK captain/FO you can hear the 'mouse click' to end the recording on the pc. It just means they haven't been cut properly.Can this be addressed for SP1?Alex

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

Hi Bryan, looking forward to your reply from my pm earlier.I have noticed that the recorded sounds for UK captain/FO you can hear the 'mouse click' to end the recording on the pc. It just means they haven't been cut properly.Can this be addressed for SP1?Alex
Good ears, Alex. I had to turn my head phones way up for that!

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Good ears, Alex. I had to turn my head phones way up for that!
Cheers Zach! Musician! :D

Alex Ridge

HmmmHow did you guess! :(.I do all sorts, from Santana, Stevie Ray Vaughn to Lucky Dube, Hugh Masekela.

Alex Ridge

maybe this thread should be pinned...I have some concernsone major :- the pause option does not work while in preflight mode (I engaged the P mode and the Co Pilot continues with his routine), seems to stop if I pause the game thoughminors :- would it be possible to set the PB distance to zero ?- would it be possible to be able to set the values (distance / angle, volumes...) using the mouse wheel ?- the PA "div (mech)" sound is a little strange (US)that's it for now, I haven't completed any flight yet :(

May I request a couple of things please ?1. More times then not I forget to ask the cabin crew to arm slides prior to push back, is there any chance we can have the PNF say it ? or maybe prompt me if I try and contact the ground crew ?2. Can we have the PNF set Speed, Alt etc on the MCP whilst the AP is off, I think I remember the LVLD allowing this to happen but the iFly and NGX will not interact unless the AP is on, is there any reason why this is ?3. As we commence taxi, can we say Clear on the left and have the PNF say "clear on the right like in the LVLD ?4. Can we have the PNF select the Logo light to On if its night time ? The iFly can do this I'm pretty sure.5. Can we have the Service Inter phone switch turned on by the PNF when he starts his pre-flight flows and announces that comms are connected or something ?Just my little wish list, there is so much more potential but I'm loving everything about this program :)Thanks

Hi Adam,1. I'll consider adding a prompt.2. Not sure I follow on this one... You can have the PNF set speed, etc., on the MCP regardless of whether the autopilot is on or off. You might be confusing the NGX version with the Voice Commander released a couple years ago for the FS9 737.3. That's already in. "CLEAR ON THE LEFT" is an available speech command.4. Already in. If night, he should already do that during his main perflight flight, right after he sets the Ignition select switch.5. Ummmm, not sure if he would do that in reality.. I'll let Damien chime in on that one.Cheers,

Hi Bryan,1. Thanks for considering it.2. Oh ok, I have tried and get no response at all from the PNF, I am trying whilst taxing to the runway,I shall try it again now that I know it should work.,3. Ok thanks, again, I tried it but nothing happened and I couldn't see it in the manual so I thought I'd ask :)4. Ok thanks, will double check that on my next flight which its still dark here...5. Ok thanks, I wouldn't know either but for us pilots with short arms, unless we switch it on before we sit down, its so hard to reach ... lolExcellent program Bryan and your support (and Damien's ) in the forums here has been second to none !!Keep up the great work .

May I request a couple of things please ?1. More times then not I forget to ask the cabin crew to arm slides prior to push back, is there any chance we can have the PNF say it ? or maybe prompt me if I try and contact the ground crew ?2. Can we have the PNF set Speed, Alt etc on the MCP whilst the AP is off, I think I remember the LVLD allowing this to happen but the iFly and NGX will not interact unless the AP is on, is there any reason why this is ?3. As we commence taxi, can we say Clear on the left and have the PNF say "clear on the right like in the LVLD ?4. Can we have the PNF select the Logo light to On if its night time ? The iFly can do this I'm pretty sure.5. Can we have the Service Inter phone switch turned on by the PNF when he starts his pre-flight flows and announces that comms are connected or something ?Just my little wish list, there is so much more potential but I'm loving everything about this program :)Thanks
Hi Adam,In the real world whoever is calling for pushback does that,..if you dont want to use the svc interphone switch use the flt interphone,..the flt interphone does not require you to have the svc interphone switch on.

Just a couple of more if I may,6. I can't seem to get a response from the PNF when I say "Okay to clean Up", I remember we had this issue with the iFly and some were getting the response, some weren't.I remember when I said "Okay to clean Up" the PNF would say "ok Standby" or something like that.7. At shutdown, the PNF says "I'm ready for shutdown" then when we shut down and he does his shutdown flows, he used to say "I'm ready for the checklist" which I haven't heard him say it yet.Sorry to put all this on you like this

Just a couple of more if I may,6. I can't seem to get a response from the PNF when I say "Okay to clean Up", I remember we had this issue with the iFly and some were getting the response, some weren't.I remember when I said "Okay to clean Up" the PNF would say "ok Standby" or something like that.7. At shutdown, the PNF says "I'm ready for shutdown" then when we shut down and he does his shutdown flows, he used to say "I'm ready for the checklist" which I haven't heard him say it yet.Sorry to put all this on you like this
You aren't really supposed to get a response from the F/O when you say ok to clean up,..he just waits till you say that or move the speedbrake lever to the down detent and starts his flow.The correct phraseology is "I'm ready for shutdown",..after all he isn't ready for the checklist because the engines are still running, can't do the shutdown checklist with the engines running.

Hi Adam,In the real world whoever is calling for pushback does that,..if you dont want to use the svc interphone switch use the flt interphone,..the flt interphone does not require you to have the svc interphone switch on.
Ok thanks Damien,I think my initial thoughts was to have more interaction (talking etc) in the flight deck as it would sound more busy and realistic.Geez if I knew how to program this kind of stuff I would have them chattering all flight long .. lolI understand its following RL SOP's etc but a little more interaction and speech dialog throughout the flight would be just as realistic and make it more enjoyable I feel.I also understand the time it may take to program such a thing, plus maybe the added burden of system resources to handle such events so I will just sit back and be happy with what I got :)Thanks for reminding me and disregard that request if you wish :)