Sign in to follow this  
Leisurepilot

APU

I've fired my FO (took his stripes, open the window...), always i said" turn off APU" he moved the switch to the start position. Or i'm wrong? :(

Mine refuse to recognize the word 'on' always get 'armed' on the green bar. It's driving me nuts. Any idea how I can train my pc to get it right? Did the voice training but it did not seem to help.

having trouble with auto i have to say O, and for the live of me it does not know what I say when i say UP, flaps up=np but UP= :( I will try more training

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

I have always had trouble with the word "Armed" as it always things I'm saying "Pounds" for some reason ...Makes it hard when your on short final and trying desperately to finish the landing checklists ... lol

I'm having trouble with APU commands in general. The FO is unresponsive to any of the commands. I assume that we are suppose to pronounce each letter in the word "APU" as in START THE "A" "P" "U"?

Mine refuse to recognize the word 'on' always get 'armed' on the green bar. It's driving me nuts. Any idea how I can train my pc to get it right? Did the voice training but it did not seem to help.
Do the voice training again, I'll get better.
I've fired my FO (took his stripes, open the window...), always i said" turn off APU" he moved the switch to the start position. Or i'm wrong? :(
Hi Stefan,WHen were you trying to get him to turn off the apu ?

I did it after TO, may be a little bit to late and so not in sequence or he was overextended :)Btw that's right, i also get a "start the a p u ". Is it a problem of pronunciation? Had the same in 747 Voice edition?Most of the time the problem is in front of the PC.

I did it after TO, may be a little bit to late and so not in sequence or he was overextended :)Btw that's right, i also get a "start the a p u ". Is it a problem of pronunciation? Had the same in 747 Voice edition?Most of the time the problem is in front of the PC.
I'm confused at why you'd be asking him to turn it off after takeoff, doesn't sound like you're doing the flows correctly. Run the voice training a few times and it'll "learn" to understand you better.

Yes, under normal circumstances the APU should be turned off by the PNF (Co-Pilot) after engine start and before Taxi.The APU provides electrical power and for you to be able to start the engines, unless your taking off without the engines running there really isn't any need for the APU to be running when taking off.

Yes, under normal circumstances the APU should be turned off by the PNF (Co-Pilot) after engine start and before Taxi.The APU provides electrical power and for you to be able to start the engines, unless your taking off without the engines running there really isn't any need for the APU to be running when taking off.
This is not true, for an unpressurised takeoff the apu must be running. (fs2crew also models these types of takeoffs)

Okay, this thread has kinda veered off.I think some of you are having some trouble with some words...This is from the manual... you can try it.For APU... the exact voice command is "Start the A P U".I know the problem... it's designed to work only when the aircraft is airborne. Wheel off the ground.I'll reconfigure it so it also works on the ground in SP1.Problem: My voice recognition results are not very good.Solution:

• Check your audio setup.
  • Get a USB headset.
  • Be sure to run the Voice Training .
  • Speak in a neutral mid-western American style accent in a clear and distinct way.
  • Reduce ambient background noise as much as possible.
  • Upgrade to Windows 7 - 64 or later. The Windows 7 speech recognition engine is better than XP's.

Problem: Speech recognition is having problems detecting certain words. Can I train the speech recognition system for "specific" words?Solution:

• Yes, you can use the dictation facility in Windows.
  • First, start 'Windows Speech Recognition' (this is not the FS2Crew Speech Recognition system, but rather the speech recognition system that comes with Windows).
  • Open a text document.
  • Next, dictate a list of words you are having trouble with.
  • Every time the speech recognizer makes a mistake, use the "CORRECT THAT" voice command. This effectively train the speech recognition engine to recognize how you pronounce these words. You may need to dictate and correct the same words multiple times until the recognition rate improves.

This is not true, for an unpressurised takeoff the apu must be running. (fs2crew also models these types of takeoffs)
True, but that is why I said "Under Normal Circumstances", how often would one take off unpressurized ?Anyways, hope you get it sorted guys.

True, but that is why I said "Under Normal Circumstances", how often would one take off unpressurized ?Anyways, hope you get it sorted guys.
When making a no engine bleed takeoff with the APU inoperative

Problem: Speech recognition is having problems detecting certain words. Can I train the speech recognition system for "specific" words?Solution:
  • Yes, you can use the dictation facility in Windows.
  • First, start 'Windows Speech Recognition' (this is not the FS2Crew Speech Recognition system, but rather the speech recognition system that comes with Windows).
  • Open a text document.
  • Next, dictate a list of words you are having trouble with.
  • Every time the speech recognizer makes a mistake, use the "CORRECT THAT" voice command. This effectively train the speech recognition engine to recognize how you pronounce these words. You may need to dictate and correct the same words multiple times until the recognition rate improves.

This worked for me, took awhile, my South African afrikaans accent must be weird for the computer to understand, but I can dictate those words now much better.