Sign in to follow this  
Eziocin

FS2Crew for NGX

That's interesting: I am struggling with exactly the same problem and I' d like to solve it using one mic connected to both PCs. Since I have configured my Saitek Yoke to have the same "push to talk" button for Teamspeak also as "soft mute" button for FS2Crew (it can be done, as per FS2Crew manual), they cannot work simultaneously, so in theory it should be possible to connect the same mic to both pc with a splitter....I have not tried it yet as I can' t find the right splitter....but as soon as I can give it a try, I'll let you know if it works......Regards
Yes, please let us know how that works for you. I might even try that myself since its a more "clean" solution rather than having two mics and I'm also a bit concerned how good having this second mic attached to my yoke will work with all background sound from the engines, wind etc. So far I have only done some initial testing while still on the ground.So...using a splitter might very well be the best way to go. I actually built a true mic splitter a couple of years ago so my son and I could both talk to ATC when flying together, bought a cheap switch/toggle and did some molding and it worked really good :(

Richard Åsberg

it works fine with fspassengers?
Not yet. Apparently there is a conflict that prevents FSP to display properly, but its being worked on.On a personal note, I must say I'm very disappointed. Fs2crew for the NGX lacks many of the features I've seen in other versions such as copilot takeoff, passenger announcements where you can tell them the name of your destination (a few pre recorded cities), FA briefings where you can tell the flight attendant to expect a long or short taxi, departure briefings where you can tell your copilot to expect a specific SID or STAR and brief him on it (a few pre recorded procedures), interactions where you can choose what to say (for example, the flight engineer would ask you if you had a good flight and you had 3 different responses to choose from) and, the thing I miss the most, sometimes the FA will contact you to tell you there is a problem in the cabin, most notably a sick pax. When that happens you get to contact First Call and they tell you if a diversion is needed. That was really cool. I really feel like this is a watered-down version of what fs2crew can do in other versions, and would not have purchased it had I know before hand :( . Not looking to create a controversy here, just getting it out of my chest.

Not yet. Apparently there is a conflict that prevents FSP to display properly, but its being worked on.On a personal note, I must say I'm very disappointed. Fs2crew for the NGX lacks many of the features I've seen in other versions such as copilot takeoff, passenger announcements where you can tell them the name of your destination (a few pre recorded cities), FA briefings where you can tell the flight attendant to expect a long or short taxi, departure briefings where you can tell your copilot to expect a specific SID or STAR and brief him on it (a few pre recorded procedures), interactions where you can choose what to say (for example, the flight engineer would ask you if you had a good flight and you had 3 different responses to choose from) and, the thing I miss the most, sometimes the FA will contact you to tell you there is a problem in the cabin, most notably a sick pax. When that happens you get to contact First Call and they tell you if a diversion is needed. That was really cool. I really feel like this is a watered-down version of what fs2crew can do in other versions, and would not have purchased it had I know before hand :( . Not looking to create a controversy here, just getting it out of my chest.
Kind of like the "I have to get this off my chest" post of yours in the FS2Crew forum? What you get (for a measly $40) is a co-pilot to help you captain your shiny NGX. The UI is simple and easy and the implementation is nearly 100% bug free (with great support provided by one very helpful person[typically just one]). With out all of the "features" (useless junk IMHO) this FS2Crew is accessible and lighter on the newbies.I use FS2Crew for that co-pilot I mentioned earlier, not to "ask company for more pillows". Of course all of this is my opinion, just as your being disappointed is yours. I'm just having a hard time seeing how this program is "watered down" or how not having a stupid button to make a canned audio file play would make this program not worth purchasing. Heck, make the "we're flipping late" announcement yourself if you want true realism!In review: I think your complaints are on the silly side, and I think most will agree. That being said, when I drop $40 on something I want it to be what I expect; maybe you missed the feature list.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

Kind of like the "I have to get this off my chest" post of yours in the FS2Crew forum? What you get (for a measly $40) is a co-pilot to help you captain your shiny NGX. The UI is simple and easy and the implementation is nearly 100% bug free (with great support provided by one very helpful person[typically just one]). With out all of the "features" (useless junk IMHO) this FS2Crew is accessible and lighter on the newbies.I use FS2Crew for that co-pilot I mentioned earlier, not to "ask company for more pillows". Of course all of this is my opinion, just as your being disappointed is yours. I'm just having a hard time seeing how this program is "watered down" or how not having a stupid button to make a canned audio file play would make this program not worth purchasing. Heck, make the "we're flipping late" announcement yourself if you want true realism!In review: I think your complaints are on the silly side, and I think most will agree. That being said, when I drop $40 on something I want it to be what I expect; maybe you missed the feature list.
+1

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

For the Voice Control Version be aware, that if you have a non english version of Win 7, you have to change your Windows to english Language to get it working.And if you to Not have the Ultimate or Enterprise Version, this could be difficult. Have a look at the FS2Crew Forum for a solution, there is a "Tool" you can try to switch the language of Win 7, if you not have one of the above versions. This worked for me, but it seems others have problems. Unfortunately I had to switch Win 7 completely to EN to get it to work.There is no other solution at the moment, exept not to use Voice Control.

i like the programm, but to be honest i have the feeling it increases much more the workload then it was before

the thing I miss the most, sometimes the FA will contact you to tell you there is a problem in the cabin, most notably a sick pax. When that happens you get to contact First Call and they tell you if a diversion is needed. That was really cool. I really feel like this is a watered-down version of what fs2crew can do in other versions, and would not have purchased it had I know before hand :( . Not looking to create a controversy here, just getting it out of my chest.
The diversion thing is part of FSpassengers, never was part of a version of FS2Crew.I run a Dutch version of W7 ultimate 64 bit. All I had to do was installing a English/American languagepack for the voice control to work.Jos Denis

i like the programm, but to be honest i have the feeling it increases much more the workload then it was before
I think that's a function of becoming familiar with the FS2Crew flows amd phraseology for the NGX; my first 2-3 flights with it (on VATSIM...yikes!) were busier than usual due to my constant checking of the FS2Crew manual. But now it's becoming second nature, and I'm finding my workload reduced, particularly on take offs and landings. And I do find very useful the ability to order the FO to change heading and course settings as well as other MCP variables...very handy.Overall, because of its tight integration with the NGX via the SDK, this version of FS2Crew increases immersion for me...it's very cool to just press the attendant call button on the forward overhead panel and order up some coffee (without going through a 2-D panel to do so)! :PGreat job, Bryan and PMDG.

Wayne Klockner
United Virtual

BetaTeamB.png

For the Voice Control Version be aware, that if you have a non english version of Win 7, you have to change your Windows to english Language to get it working.And if you to Not have the Ultimate or Enterprise Version, this could be difficult.Have a look at the FS2Crew Forum for a solution, there is a "Tool" you can try to switch the language of Win 7, if you not have one of the above versions. This worked for me, but it seems others have problems. Unfortunately I had to switch Win 7 completely to EN to get it to work.There is no other solution at the moment, exept not to use Voice Control.
This is why I also included a "Button Control" version in the package bundle.Some people from non-anglophone countries are not Voice Capable, and some people just don't want to "talk" to their computer.So they can use the "Button" version, which has absolutely no limitations... anyone can use it... and which does basically the same job as the Voice Version.

Yes and no.Yes, in that you're forced to follow real-world airline style procedures and practices. What you're seeing in FS2Crew are basically the Boeing FCOM's modeled to a very large degree. You can't fly your NGX like a Cessna any more!No, in the sense that the FO / PNF does a lot of the work now in accordance with his areas of responsibility in the cockpit.Cheers,