Sign in to follow this  
IAF747

Blueskyscenery, Texas vs default FSX bland scenery

Just downloaded and installed AND used the new Texas scenery by Gottfried. Amazing!!! When you look at the ordinary bland FSX default textures, you just wonder how did Microsoft get it so wrong?The South Western USA is so bland in FSX I think I will have to change it all to photoscenery.After seeing the new Blueskyscenery tile from Gottfried, I cannot see the point of flying default any more. I suppose users of Simsavvy will follow my line of reasoning here?Now I hate all default FSX textures, even more than FS9 default textures. At least FS9 default textures look real from about 10km!!

Daniel, I don't see Texas on his website.Where are you seeing this please?

LOL thanks Daniel. I'll open my eyes a little wider next time :(

Agreed Daniel, FSX really shines with photo real.

After seeing the new Blueskyscenery tile from Gottfried, I cannot see the point of flying default any more.I suppose users of Simsavvy will follow my line of reasoning here?
I fully agree with you. I am a user of simsavvy and now both the default textures and the generic textures are no longer in my virtual world.

Just downloaded and installed AND used the new Texas scenery by Gottfried. Amazing!!! When you look at the ordinary bland FSX default textures, you just wonder how did Microsoft get it so wrong?The South Western USA is so bland in FSX I think I will have to change it all to photoscenery.After seeing the new Blueskyscenery tile from Gottfried, I cannot see the point of flying default any more.I suppose users of Simsavvy will follow my line of reasoning here?Now I hate all default FSX textures, even more than FS9 default textures. At least FS9 default textures look real from about 10km!!Hi Daniel, Is this only Big Bend, TX or is it the entire state. I was wondering what all areas of Texas it covers.

Big Bend National Park.It covers a total of 3625 sq km. FSX only. The resolution of 1 m/pix brings you razor-sharp images even near the ground. Best enjoyed in low and slow operations! The FSX version also contains a 10 m high resolution elevation mesh.

I wish the bluesky stuff had night lights. Also a few autogen buildings would be nice. I suppose it's not possible but even with upgraded terrain it's still only good once your above 1,000 AGL or so.

I wish the bluesky stuff had night lights. Also a few autogen buildings would be nice. I suppose it's not possible but even with upgraded terrain it's still only good once your above 1,000 AGL or so.
Not asking for much are we?

If you haven't already, you should install his Colorado scenery...I grew up in Denver, and it is highly accurate. It makes flying around the Rocky Mountains a real pleasure compared to the default scenery, especially when coupled with one of the freeware KDEN replacements.

MS didn't get it "wrong". How much do you think FS would cost if MS got all these things "right"?FSX looks the way it should out of the box for what it costs. I just recently installed FSX after holding out as long as posible with FS9 pending adequate hardware, and I was thrilled with how much better the terrain looked in FSX than FS9.Having said all that.............................thanks for the post! I had never seen their scenery before. I'll be downloading this (and making a donation) !!

Not asking for much are we?
No not really. I've seen great autogen with decent ground textures. There must be a way to do it.

No not really. I've seen great autogen with decent ground textures. There must be a way to do it.
If that is not much then I am sure you can do the autogen yourself. I've seen great autogen too, but where I have seen it is in PAYWARE products........

ok, some comparison shots.fsx with utx & gexfsx with Bluesky sceneryfsx with utx & gexfsx with Bluesky scenery