Sign in to follow this  
Swen

Sound Issue volume jumping..

Hello,i have big problems with the sound. The sound is sometimes loud then so quite that i understand nothing. In the sentence of speaking, the sound jumps loud. This sound volume jumps and drive me crazy.I use creative sb xfi pci card. I dont have this kind of issues with any other program. I hope you can help me out.Swen

Does it happen with the same sounds or is it random?I've personally experienced some minor fluctuations in sound volume, but that's mainly a result of the voice artist not recording his voice the exact same way for every sound.Extreme fluctuations it's hard to say... can you trying adjust your sound cards settings...Best,

I have the same problem as above... It seems as though the pilots and co pilots voices change volume. Moreso, the flight attendants and ground crew volume is about 5 times louder than the pilot and copilot! When the ground crew speaks I have to reach over and turn the volume down significantly, then back up again so I can actually here the pilot.When the flight attendant delivers coffe or food, the knock on the door is so LOUD it makes me jump out of my seat if I have the volume turned up enough to here what the pilot and copilot are saying...The really odd thing is that seemingly the different phrases spoken by the pilot and co pilot are extremely variable sometimes you sau "ok, that was clear" then the next thing they say makes you say, "What was that?" :)Its a great implementation and it adds a LOT to the sim, but those screaming flight attendants and yelling ground crew are kind of off-putting :)

David Obando

Home Airport KSFO
System: Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2, Intel I9-13900KS Watercooled, Asus Maximus Z690 Extreme Motherboard, 32 Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600, ASUS RTX 4090 OC Edition, 4Tb NVME m.2 Array (2Tb x 2), Aorus FV43U 43" Display (144Mhz), Corsair Ax1600i powersupply, Marvel AQC107 10Gb Network adaptor, Comcast 1Gb Internet Service, Corsair 7000D Airflow Case 7x140mm, 4x120mm cooling fans.

Hi David,The actual sound recordings themselves are the same volume.In SP1 I made some changes to the way sounds are handled. Hopefully it will help your situation.Check your PMs.Best,
Hi Bryan,Thanks for the speedy reply! Always a great sign that the author is really dedicated to providing the best :)Just some more information to clarify for others who might be reading. I have a Logitech 6.1 system and it has variable sound levels for the subwoofer as well as the individual front channels (left, right, center) I made sure that it wasn't some wildly out of spec volume setting on my end because I know that the FA and GC talk in the center channel and I hear the copilot in the right channel, so I ran the test where it plays a chime sound on all speakers to calibrate their volume and all of those settings were in place when I hear the really loud flight attendants and ground crew and the soft spoken pilot and copilot... Just endeavouring to eliminate as many variables as possible :) Again though Amazing product!I'm checking my PMs right now, thank you again!David

David Obando

Home Airport KSFO
System: Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2, Intel I9-13900KS Watercooled, Asus Maximus Z690 Extreme Motherboard, 32 Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600, ASUS RTX 4090 OC Edition, 4Tb NVME m.2 Array (2Tb x 2), Aorus FV43U 43" Display (144Mhz), Corsair Ax1600i powersupply, Marvel AQC107 10Gb Network adaptor, Comcast 1Gb Internet Service, Corsair 7000D Airflow Case 7x140mm, 4x120mm cooling fans.

have the same problem with the sound volumen jumping up and down. also with the SP1...i also hear almost every 5 secs a wired sound? like the co-pilot is farting all the time :D what is that??

Yesterday I used the UK voices and me the captains voice was very very low. Later I in flight before TOD I changed to the EU set and it was a little better. Also these cabincrews are always screaming into my ear.One more thing is that the FO always says "Are you sure" about if the fuel lever is cutoff during Pre-flight. This happend so far in the 700. Will do a flight today with the 800 and see if it is the same problem. Might be some problem withPMDGs SDK. I am a programmer so I know a lot about SDKs. But not this type of programming, maybe time to test a little now with the 737 :smile:No problem to start engines anyway, so no big deal.Otherwise it works great and I will use FS2Crew a lot.Thanks for a great and fun addon.

Per W Sweden

Hi Per,There's a volume knob on the FS2Crew Main Panel.Just turn up the volume via the knob to match your tastes when using the UK voice set.As for the "are you sure", that's usually a result of:1. Not having SP1c installed.2. Not starting the NGX so it loads in the 2D cockpit.Cheers,

have the same problem with the sound volumen jumping up and down. also with the SP1...i also hear almost every 5 secs a wired sound? like the co-pilot is farting all the time :D what is that??
Take a look at the manuals and tutorial flight.The sound volume jumping I suspect is a result of not having made this setting via the Windows Control panel... select "Do Nothing"...If that doesn't help, check your audio hardware setup and try updating your audio drivers.volume.jpg

FYISame in the 800. I have the "start in 2D cockpit" setting on but I use EZDOK, the cameras you know and it always start in the VC. Nothing I will remove, it's to great. But I can live with the complaint, FO starts the engines anyway.If I turn up the sound in the main panel I jump off my chair when the cabincrew or FO talks to me. :Shocked:I run WinXP 32 and can't find any sound settings you show in your screen dump.By the way I have never ever had any of the problems a lot of people have (have a look in PMDGs forum.) with FSX and the 737NGX, just runs perfect. Including your FS2Crew.Think it is because I run a 32-bit heavy thing on a 32-bit system.When I bought FS2Crew I uninstalled NGX and re-installed everything, first 8-900 then 6-700. Then first SP1C for 8-900 and then 6-700. Then I installed FS2Crew. And when you released your SP1 I uninstalled FS2crew andre-installed it. The thing is that I reduce the texture-size for the liveries in the NGX from 16Mb files down to around 1.3 Mb files. No difference in the look from outside, so to be frank I do not understand why they have 4096 * 4096files. Should offer the smaller ones as download. Maybe you can see the difference on very big screens/projectors, I use only a 24" LED. So re-installing everything from scratch takes some time, much is moving files around by hand.I will do a total re-installation of everything someday, but not now. I want to fly. I'll let you know when I have done it and if it fixed it.

Per W Sweden

same problem as the other guys with the SP1 and the button control version...voice seems fine but yeah...every report helps i guessi'm using a sennheiser USB soundcard that came with my headset and windows is setup accordingly so no problems there...also its always the same sentences or phrases that differ in volume...i personally would have no problem adjusting the volume of the wav files myself if that would do any good but i certainly dont wanna mess up something so i shall not unless i get an "all clear" or a "NO!" other then that its an absolute JOY to fly with FS2Crew on the NGX...big big kudos to you bryan you and your guys outdone yourselfs once again im%20Not%20Worthy.gifTobias

Would be nice if you could add some sound settings for the FO, cabincrew and ground somewhere, maybe captain too. In the cfg panel maybe?! Just an suggestion for next release or fix.

Per W Sweden

The sound recordings... the actual 'wav' files them selves... are all generally equal in terms of volume.Try using these settings on your computer... this is what I have and it works.1. Master Windows Volume full (100 percent).2. Speaker Volume (knob on my speakers): 9 o'clock position. This give me a not too loud, not too quiet sound volume when using any Windows program. 3. FS2Crew VOL knob on the FS2Crew main panel: roughly the 9 o'clock position.Is this roughly the way you all have it setup, too?

@ PerWel"The thing is that I reduce the texture-size for the liveries in the NGX from 16Mb files down to around 1.3 Mb files. No difference in the look from outside, so to be frank I do not understand why they have 4096 * 4096files. Should offer the smaller ones as download."Hi,Sorry to be out off topic... Just to say I'm with you on your comments, me too I reduced the texture-size. I guess we'll have to do the same with the next PMDG product, IMO it's just painful.Regards,Richard Portier

Richard Portier

MAXIMUS VI FORMULA|Intel® Core i7-4770K Oc@4.50GHz x8|NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080ti|M16GB DDR3|Windows10 Pro 64|P3Dv5|AFS2|TrackIr5|Saitek ProFlight Yoke + Quadrant + Rudder Pedal|Thrustmaster Warthog A10|

Sorry but this is not solved for me. I've i turn the volume knob to roghly 9er position the sound is to quit that i can't understand anything of dialogs. I must turn to 10 or 11.

The sound ist jumping in the dialogs again. On Briefing the sound doesen't jump.