Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

MORE IMAGES OF THE 777 - FROM THE OUTSIDE!

Great! I'm a pilot for Virgin Australia on the 777.....can't wait for this baby to be released so I can start practicing for my sims (and have a bit of fun, of course)!

Great! I'm a pilot for Virgin Australia on the 777.....can't wait for this baby to be released so I can start practicing for my sims (and have a bit of fun, of course)!

i have a question for all of the real airliner pilot here in the forum, it's very wierd for me to here you say that your'e preacticing on fsx, i mean don't you have enough real time? i really am curious about that. thanks

I think he's practicing for the recurrent training in the company's simulators. They do all that engine-out stuff, and failure simulations for practice, ensuring pilots are at their best. Seeing that jets have over 99%+ reliability, most jet pilots will never see an engine failure or similar in their career, and practicing with recurrent training makes sure they're ready; and a little extra never, ever hurts!

Inactive

I think he's practicing for the recurrent training in the company's simulators. They do all that engine-out stuff, and failure simulations for practice, ensuring pilots are at their best. Seeing that jets have over 99%+ reliability, most jet pilots will never see an engine failure or similar in their career, and practicing with recurrent training makes sure they're ready; and a little extra never, ever hurts!

do you really think that if someone practice on his 737ngx he'll be able to land one? curious again.

do you really think that if someone practice on his 737ngx he'll be able to land one? curious again.

Maybe, maybe not... you can learn the procedures, but you need full scale motion simulator for "muscle memory".

You can, BUT(!) if you have a joystick, or a homebuilt cockpit: you'll never make it. (Except if you've a lot of money.) The FSX could do it, but the yoke, the cockpit, the envivronment has to be like the real thing (i.e. hydraulic systems for the yoke to feel like the real one), otherwise it doesn't matter. And don't forget that the procedure is also important, if you practice it in FSX, you'll be more confident of where is what and you won't start to think in a dual-engine failure about where is the APU start switch, and how to start it. :LMAO:

I think a best bet for NGX pilot is to set the plane up for an autoland, especially if it happens to be one of the few with three channel AP. Most pilots I talked about this with agree.

i have actually been in acockpit of 737NG, and i did recognized all of the things and i was aware with the ATC communication as i am playing at vatsim, and nothing surprised me, i mean i was really prepared for it, and if you want to see my video, i filmed, i can post it. thanks.

i have actually been in acockpit of 737NG, and i did recognized all of the things and i was aware with the ATC communication as i am playing at vatsim, and nothing surprised me, i mean i was really prepared for it, and if you want to see my video, i filmed, i can post it. thanks.

Oh please :) Would be great to watch!

The T7 has made it onto the PMDG production line. No other words but, freakin' AWESOME!! :Party:

I have no doubts this aircraft will rock and amaze us even again after the superb NGX. Thank you so much Robert and all the rest of the PMDG team.

PMDG_T7_sig.jpg

i have a question for all of the real airliner pilot here in the forum, it's very wierd for me to here you say that your'e preacticing on fsx, i mean don't you have enough real time? i really am curious about that. thanks

I would, if there were an accurate model of the aircraft I fly, however for me, it's all about learning about the office of other airline pilots and the classic airliners and GA...

Capt. Rónán Kyne.

Rónán O Cadhain.

sig_FSLBetaTester.jpg

please enjoy my video(:

I would, if there were an accurate model of the aircraft I fly, however for me, it's all about learning about the office of other airline pilots and the classic airliners and GA...

Capt. Rónán Kyne.

Alright, thanks, i think i didn't really understood what your'e saying, cheers.

There is a lot to flying an airliner, than the "stick and rudder" component. After a significant failure (e.g. engine fire, etc.), the aircraft must be reconfigured for that new condition (e.g. for an engine failure on the B737, there are various changes to autoflight, electrical and air systems that need to be made). Some of these must be completed from memory and I'm sure that any pilot would want to be able to instantly recall these at any time, rather than cramming them the night before the sim check. Since it is unlikely that pilots would be able to hop into the full-motion sim at any time they like, having a 'flying' simulation available on your desktop computer would be the next best thing.