Sign in to follow this  
Tom Allensworth

MORE IMAGES OF THE 777 - FROM THE OUTSIDE!

Is the outside model of the 777-200LR in any way different from the -200ER and -200? For example, bigger engines, different wings, ...?
The -200LR has bigger engines (GE90-110 or -115, friggin massive) as well as raked wingtips. The -200ER has smaller engines (choice of either Rolls Royce 895, Pratt & Whitney PW 4090, or a lesser thrust GE90-94B) and no raked wingtips.The -300ER has the GE90-115B, which if I recall correctly is the largest jet engine ever produced, also has the raked wingtips that the standard -300 does not have.

Steve Caffey

PMDG 777... So much win!!! I cannot believe this is happening! I have been waiting for this bird for so many years... since the PSS version in FS2000 when I thought things couldn´t get better. With that old baby and some FCOMs and FCTMs I picked up along the years I really impressed the crews of Varig´s 777 fleet 10 years ago when I used to jumpseat every other month with an uncle of mine. Those were the days... and now PMDG will let me relive those days in all their glory! Thanks guys, keep up the good work.

What a beautiful sight to see. Brings tears to my eyes to finally see someone do justice to the Triple 7. Well, not just someone. PMDG. Nuff said.

Tony

Pilot757,I've read all your posts in this thread and you are trolling!Your account has been suspended for 2 weeks starting from right now. If upon your return you continue these types of activities in any form you will be banned permanently!
Woah, Woah, Woah, all hes doing is voicing an opinion. While strongly, this is a COMMUNITY FORUM, free speech should be allowed. Unless there is a section of the Terms and Agreements that says we are submitting ourselves to communism.

Guest dlrk

I don't think you know what communism is...

Woah, Woah, Woah, all hes doing is voicing an opinion. While strongly, this is a COMMUNITY FORUM, free speech should be allowed. Unless there is a section of the Terms and Agreements that says we are submitting ourselves to communism.
I would kindly suggest you read the definition of trolling. Then apply the definition to those posts.

"I am the Master of the Fist!" -Akuma

:( First of all, this is a privately owned forum (AVSIM). Second, this subforum is the PMDG official forum, so blatant disrespectful behavior is frowned upon. Third, constitutional rights are not guaranteed in private domains.

Free speech? This isn't a democracy.
Thanks I know that because I own the T7 exterior. But PMDG released... PMDG released... let me see... doublecheck... nothing? amI right?
You're eight years old, right?

___________________________________________________________________________________

Zachary Waddell -- Caravan Driver --

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/zwaddell

Avsim ToS

Avsim Screenshot Rules

I don't understand why that 777LR will be the initial release and the 300er is the expansion.There aren't too many carriers flying the LR unless you like flying cargo routes.It should be at least the 200er is the initial release with different engine variants.So now we will see an American Airlines livery on LR before we see it on the 200 or the 300?Kin M.(klax)

I don't understand why that 777LR will be the initial release and the 300er is the expansion.There aren't too many carriers flying the LR unless you like flying cargo routes.It should be at least the 200er is the initial release with different engine variants.Kin M.(klax)
According to PMDG:"Initial release will be the 777-200LR. This airplane was chosen because we have access to it, because it is currently in production and because it has so much in common with the 300ER, which will be the first expansion for the 777 product series." "It's not just the access issue (we can get 200ERs pretty easily) - the 200LR, 300ER, and 777F all pretty much have the same engines (GE90-110B and -115B). The creation of the engine performance library and FDE is one of the most time consuming parts of our development process - if we did the 200 and 200ER first, we'd have to model no less than 6 engine types. We think most people will appreciate having the 200LR, 300ER and 777F available relatively soon vs. having to wait for us to model the the menagerie of other engines. The 200LR can do everything the ER can and more anyway..."

Looks amaizing! Is there any plan to make other 772 models as well? especially the regular (NON ER/LR version), just like all the versions made in the NGX.

Stunning work guys and thanks for the images - awesome.

Rich Sennett

Looking good. LR will just have to be put in place for BA rtes until the ER is released. Want to get the full use out of LGW and LHR when this baby comes out. Defo want the ER both -200 and 300. LHR-ORD and LGW-TPA! Can't wait!