Sign in to follow this  
Ryan Barber

Flight Deck emergency operations

Hi All!I wanted to know how to alert the crew and open the flight deck windows as indicated in the quick referec=nce guide in the 737 NGX. I was also looking how to deploy oxygen/shoulder harnesses/life vests and pull the breakers as indicated in the quick start "Ditching" section. Please help ASAP! Thanks!

in the PMDG NGX? You dont do any of those things.

The manual says you can "squeeze the trigger and pull to open flight deck windows". Why does the manual say this if it does not work in the aircraft? PS. I got those instructions from Vol.2 of the full user guide.

Because the manual is the manual to the real aircraft... :)

If you want to, you can get a real life vest and oxygen mask, and try them on...Although I do think you'd have quite a tough time explaining when your wife/girlfriend/mother walks in...

Guest dlrk

There's such a thing as not applicable...

Although this is for a non-related a/c!! I'm about to release an update for the VC10 which contains full on emergency depressurisation with oxygen flow management and mask. Complete with the risk of hypoxia as well.So what you want "can" be done!!vololiberista

Guest dlrk

How do you simulate hypoxia?

The manual says you can "squeeze the trigger and pull to open flight deck windows". Why does the manual say this if it does not work in the aircraft? PS. I got those instructions from Vol.2 of the full user guide.
The manuals says a lot of things that do not apply to a simulated aircraft, like how to open doors (not from FMC) arming slides, opening hatches, measuring fuel levels with sticks, fueling procedures, smoke evacuation procedures and so on...All good for the real, not for the sim. However as a gift, PMDG provided the real manual for us.

Regards

Andrea Daviero

Please help ASAP? Are you struggling for oxygen??
I think he's probably looking for the raft by now. :)

Matt Cee

How do you simulate hypoxia?
If you have any of the Accusim birds, you will see an ingenious way they simulated hypoxia. If not attended too, the sim will black you out. Pretty well done.

I think they can simulate hypoxia in the sim by having a graphic of a drop dead gorgeous flight attendant coming onto the flight deck when you call her to ask for sandwiches and coffee.

David Obando

Home Airport KSFO
System: Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2, Intel I9-13900KS Watercooled, Asus Maximus Z690 Extreme Motherboard, 32 Gb Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR5 5600, ASUS RTX 4090 OC Edition, 4Tb NVME m.2 Array (2Tb x 2), Aorus FV43U 43" Display (144Mhz), Corsair Ax1600i powersupply, Marvel AQC107 10Gb Network adaptor, Comcast 1Gb Internet Service, Corsair 7000D Airflow Case 7x140mm, 4x120mm cooling fans.

To simulate hypoxia you need an integrated cabin pressurisation system and a fully modelled oxygen delivery system.My cabin pressurisation system has:-a cabin height gaugeCabin Pressure Set gaugePressure differential GaugeRate of pressure change gaugeSpill ValvesPressure Dump systemThe oxygen sytem has:-A Supply switch 100% on ground at a standstillDiminishing supply as oxygen is used up. Four hours depending emergency/normal use)Pressure valveOxygen flow blinkerDifferent rates of delivery pressure (depending on cabin depressurised height)i.e cabin oxygen masks automatically dropManual control between 10,000-14,000ft cabin masks controlled from flightdeckOxygen mask. At all cabin heights above 10,000 and for "any" reason the pilots must don their masks.All this is modelled!If you don't put you oxygen mask on immediately then you risk hypoxia (depending on your cabin height) Seconds above FL380.The screen goes blank the sound is off. If you didn't have time to disconnect the AP and initiate a dive then it's bye byes..If you did initiate a dive before you blacked out then you have to wait "and hope" that you recover in time to regain control hopefully not over high ground. The system meets both the statutory regulations and the procedures written up in the flight manuel.vololiberista

To simulate hypoxia you need an integrated cabin pressurisation system and a fully modelled oxygen delivery system.My cabin pressurisation system has:-a cabin height gaugeCabin Pressure Set gaugePressure differential GaugeRate of pressure change gaugeSpill ValvesPressure Dump systemThe oxygen sytem has:-A Supply switch 100% on ground at a standstillDiminishing supply as oxygen is used up. Four hours depending emergency/normal use)Pressure valveOxygen flow blinkerDifferent rates of delivery pressure (depending on cabin depressurised height)i.e cabin oxygen masks automatically dropManual control between 10,000-14,000ft cabin masks controlled from flightdeckOxygen mask. At all cabin heights above 10,000 and for "any" reason the pilots must don their masks.All this is modelled!If you don't put you oxygen mask on immediately then you risk hypoxia (depending on your cabin height) Seconds above FL380.The screen goes blank the sound is off. If you didn't have time to disconnect the AP and initiate a dive then it's bye byes..If you did initiate a dive before you blacked out then you have to wait "and hope" that you recover in time to regain control hopefully not over high ground. The system meets both the statutory regulations and the procedures written up in the flight manuel.vololiberista
How do you get this plane you are talking about?