Sign in to follow this  
AWACS

Let's Get the Bargain Hunter's Forum Back, Vote Now!

Bring Back "Bargain Hunters" Forum  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see the "Bargain Hunters" forum reinstated?

• Heck Yes!
    • No, I don't like saving money on FS addons...

Due to the response of my fellow simmers over at this thread:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/367315-bargain-hunters-forum/ I've decided to start a poll. Not that Avsim is a Democracy, but maybe Tom will hear us and bring it back if we use our voices to vote!Thanks,Jeff

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

Good luck with that :smile:Seriously I miss it too, but Tom has made his decision and they will not bring it back. To be honest the Classified Section is pretty good; but a little 'disconnected' from the rest of the forum. :(

What did the Bargain Hunters section do that the Classifieds doesn't do? For example, I see an i7 960 for sell there at $200. Would it be cheaper if the forum was called Bargain Hunter rather than Classified?

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention the rules, only Jim Skorna can vote "no."@superglide, the issue with the classifieds section is that people who have used it say it is easier to post a thread in a forum, not only that, a forum gets more visibility than than the classifieds section.Also, let's not forget what happened when they got rid of the "screen shot" forum and tried to sell us the idea of using the gallery system for screen shots, no one liked that, and guess what the screen shot forum is back.

Jeff

Commercial | Instrument | Multi-Engine Land

AMD 5600X, RTX3070, 32MB RAM, 2TB SSD

OK. The classifieds has its own heading at the top of this page. That looks to me like the "visibility" issue was addressed. None of the individual forums have their own heading. They all fall under "Forums". So it actually takes at least one more step to see a forum than to see the classifieds section. You can also subscribe to the classifieds which will keep you up to date on what's new there. It's kinda like the "follow this topic" option.Just saying...

Having used the classified system myself, I find it much easier to post a forum thread as you can tailor it to your product, whereas I found the classified system a little disjointed. So I voted to bring it back, hopefully this can happen as it was much easier to see them in the "new content" too.

Count me among those scratching over what the administrators are thinking. The new Classifieds section is a flop, it makes no sense to stick with something few people use, no one likes, and everyone wants to see replaced.

I added my vote to the yay's but the I think the rather leading phrasing ("No, I don't like saving money on FS addons...") might have skewed the results a little unfairly. A simple yes/no would have done the trick.

Yes, bring it back please.The bargain forum was always my first port of call at AVSIM.

Put it this way, just prior to Christmas last year, I spent rather a lot of money on FS addons after seeing numerous developers' sales being highlighted in the Bargain Hunter's forumNow whether this is a good thing or not is up for debate after seeing my credit card statement(s) :( , but I certainly got some real bargains...So I say bring it back !!!Gary

yep :(

Guenter Steiner
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Betatester for: A2A, LORBY, FSR-Pillow Tester
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------