Sign in to follow this  
Knottypine1979

New A/C available.

It's a no-cockpit plane like the P-51. I AM SOOO DISAPOINTED :sad:
Wait did you already see it?

We're happy to announce our newest downloadable plane, the Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero, available tomorrow in our Marketplace. Congratulations to everyone who correctly identified the Zero in response to our Friday plane teaser post! We'll be giving away a free Zero to the first person to guess correctly here on the blog, as well as the first person with the correct guess on our Facebook page.542119_323703107691677_100257846702872_852307_317913330_n.jpgThe Mitsubishi A6M2 Zero was the primary fighter of the Japanese Navy Air Service from 1940 to 1945, and when introduced was considered the most capable carrier-based fighter in the world. This download captures the essence of the agile light-weight fighter, which makes it perfect for challenges requiring speed and high maneuverability. This is an external-only aircraft model. No cockpit view is included.
They are kidding aren`t they?The person who is responsible for that is ignorant, dumb, bullheaded or all of that?

Ohhhh... I forgot they posted that 'teaser' pic a while back and yes it is the plane. Dah.

Guest Antlab
Nooo! In Alaska??? That sealed it for me. What a joke. At least we know now what the target audience is.
Actually for me the intented target audience is quite a mistery.Already two military planes in a game that (for now) doesn't have guns and combats. Do you think they are planning to add these elements and make a sort of Combat Fligth Sim 4? Otherwise I don't really understand the logic behind their aircaft development.A.

Otherwise I don't really understand the logic behind their aircaft development.
Agree totally... this is a Flight game? Not a combat game, what were you thinking?

It has no cockpit, the description says, "This is an external-only aircraft model. No cockpit view is included."
That is extremely poor on the part of Microsoft. The current P-51 is next to useless with no VC, is not really suited to island-hopping around Hawaii and is really only of interest to warbird fans (of which I happen to be one). And then MS release another one!A small heli would have been better, like the R-22 or even a Gazelle.Really poor show MS.

Actually for me the intented target audience is quite a mistery.Already two military planes in a game that (for now) doesn't have guns and combats. Do you think they are planning to add these elements and make a sort of Combat Fligth Sim 4? Otherwise I don't really understand the logic behind their aircaft development.A.
If they were planning on adding a bit of air combat then you could understand their thinking, but without virtual cockpits can't see that.I really think Flight is ruderless at the moment, I don't believe they have any kind of business plan to take this product, such as it is forward.Bryan.

It doesnt make any sense releasing an aircraft with no cockpit? none at all...#disappointed

A small heli would have been better
I'm with you on thisI have to say I'm really surprised - even though I guessed a Zero from the pic. I will not be buying this - if it had a cockpit I would have considered it, but this plane is not useful other than aerocaches - can't carry cargo, can't even carry an additional person for the $100 hamburger. It also doesn't seem to add a lot of variety as to choice of airplanes...

I guess I am confused. The sim seemed to keep allowing you to get more advanced aircraft as you improved skill and proved yourself in missions. Why this plane? I did not even buy the other fighter because I do not see anything truly great about remote controlling an airplane. I want a cockpit.Again, a more advanced plane like a twin prop or a plane with autopilot or more sophisticated nav would have been much more preferable. Even a true seaplane with new missions would have been nice.A true masterpiece continually challenges you. Now I feel like I have to find ways to challenge myself with the Maule meaning I guess I have to do more stupid aerobatics which is not even realistic to me. I WANNA FLY

Surely for MS to grow this product they need to connect with the wishes of potential buyers, it really makes you wonder who they are listening too does it not?Bryan.