Sign in to follow this  
FS737Pilot

Refuelling the new 777 and 747

That would be even better if we could see a fuel truck attached to the plane during fueling……

Leo Z

That would be even better if we could see a fuel truck attached to the plane during fueling……

Leo Z

Addons that do this already exist (GSX/AES).

It would just be one more thing to code, model, and animate for PMDG and I'd rather they work on the actual plane then a fuel truck.

Has the team decided which method it will utilize for refueling these aircraft? I know the NGX has the instant fueling, where we just type in how much we want, but I personally prefer the method that the MD-11 utilizes where it fuels the tanks over time rather than just popping it into the tanks.

Which method do you all prefer?

mitch bowman

Both.

I think a simple option in one of the FMC's config menus would be the best solution.

I'd like to have the option based on my mood or available time.

I enjoyed how FSPassengers had an option for loading in passengers in real time, fixed time, or immediately.

For the 777 the option for "real time" and "immediate" would be the best solution.

From there the real time data could be calculated using the quantity delta and an industry average/standard fuel pump flow.

I don't think most people would mind if the re-fueling time was a little off compared to real time it would take at their favorite airport. :rolleyes: ...I'd hope.

good to see that people would want this sort of feature and I'm all for it....as long as there's an option for people to opt out and hit instant refuel...same as instant INS alignment, etc. its all about choice - as long as you have that...you keep the majority of people happy I'm sure. I for one don't have the time to sit and watch them fill fuel (ever think about it when you're standing there filling petrol in your car eyeballing all the other people pondering life as the litres tick over??? lol) however thats my choice. :P

+1I do miss this in the NGX.

sorry offtopic..i just saw your banner and wondered why majestic uses slewing screenshots for the banner pics...(gears down and so on) no pun intended.

actually, my pmdg b747 v1.0 box has a similar backside screenshot.

Kai K.

Edited by KaitheFly