Sign in to follow this  
oldbear

I'm returning the PMDG 737 NG 600/700 to the store

Guest jerrycwo4

I was looking for a replacement for FS2002's Greatest Airliners 737-400 by Flight1 and Just Flight, but the above isn't it.1. Took me 20 -25 minutes to start the engines, then never could figgure out just what I did si I could repeat it the next itime.2. It would not make a right or left turn in the "pushback" mode.3.After every add on was up and running I had to "Reboot" the aircraft to make the Auto throttle sayon and that messed everything up.4. The GPS did not have the ISL "markers" on it and I never could find the approaches.Anyone know of another 737 by another company that works like it is suppose to for FS2004? Thanks, jerry

first of all, before you return it to the store do the following.RTFM1. i am very sorry my friend but i hardly can believe that you followed the checklist as required. when i start the engines, mine are started after, let's say 2 min.2. could it be that the keycombination you are using for pushback is assigned by PMDG default key assignments too. PMDG overrides FS assignents. check PMDG menu when inside the 737.3. have no idea what you're talking about. The reboot could be related to a high memory consumption that the 737 had before patch 1.3. Check for the latest version.4. PMDG does not feature a GPS system. Are you talking about the ND display. FMC must be completely filled out to show correct route. In regards to OM/MM/IM indicators, they are shown on the PFD, however most of the AFCAD files of the airports do not feature "ILS markers"The PMDG 737 is probably the greatest 737 simulation and the most realistic around. It requires quite a lot of hardware ressources, but it is outstanding.2Ghz Processor, min. 512 MB RAM and a Radeon 9600Pro are required to fly it. I would not go under that specs. my recomendation.best regardsMartin

Guest cueceleches

Agreed...PMDG 737 is probably the best addon plane I

I agree also. The PMDG 737NG is easily the best addon for FS2004 by a country mile, and is very easy to fly once you have RTFM (with the possible exception of the Fanda Dash 8). There are several excellent tutorials to get you started.Bruce

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Guest EISN_CONTROL

Steps to Start the Engines.1)Establish Ground Power2)Start the APU and then switch on APU Bleed3)Fuel Pumps on4)Packs off5)Anti collision Light on6)Engine no.2 starter to GND position7)EGT pressure for Engine 2 its 20%,Fuel cuttoff to on8)Wait for engine 2 to stabilise, repeat steps 6&7 for engine 19)Transfer the power to the engine generators10)Taxi light on,APU off,APU bleed off,Packs on.There you go.Technically,it's the exact startup proecure for the DF 734,it's just with PMDG-you dont do it right,it wont start.All the above steps are from memory so someone pls correct me if I'm wrong.I'd suggest looking for T. Metzinger's tutorial or Fred Clausen's.You may bring this back,chances are-you'll regret it.John http://homepage.eircom.net/~eamonnmca/images/logo_ba.JPGwww.bavirtual.co.uk Senior Captain Simflight.com Staff Reviewer

Guest Ray CYYZ

Jerry,Real Heavies require a large commitment in time and training. If you are not *into* it (which is perfectly ok by me), I'd suggest you back away from the big aircraft.The opposite of this is that if your are into it, you will find that there is a great deal of fun to be had by learning how to fly them.I think a lot of folks get spoiled by the cartoon aircraft in Microsoft Flight Simulator only to be completely overwhelmed once moving into a real aircraft.If you don't have the time to spend half an hour preflighting your aircraft and planning your route then heavies are not for you. That is pretty much the minimum time commitment for even a simple hop between a couple of local airports. Over time, you will reduce that down as your skills go up, but starting out everything you do is going to lead you to a question of "why am I doing this?". Learning the "why" is what makes you better and faster until everything is second nature. Remember that the real pilots use checklists still and they fly all the time. Checklists are a way of life.Ray

Read the manual. Its like buying a new video game and randomly pressing buttons until the quarterback finally throws to the right receiver.

His complaint is quite bizarre. If he really is replacing the old F1/DF 737, then he should have no problem with this one since it is still the same old 737 systems. Cranking up the NG is the same as cranking up the classic. The only practical difference is that you're staring at glass displays. Really bizarre complaint.

Guest brewmaster

Perhaps we should analyze just what it is that he is saying: Its too complicated for him to understand how to work it. Complaining and whining wont make you any smarter last time I checked. Of course reading the manual or even asking for help will...That or he's just trolling.Brew

Guest ba747heavy

>Let's be generous and just say he's trolling.:-lol!

Guest VCA_CEO

A troll indeed, either that or the PIC and DF737 had enough slack in them to allow this "follow the instructions challenged" individual the ability to fly it... His post is pretty funny actually, considering everything he complained about is normal to aircraft operations and if he RTFM he would have no problem with it...Oh well, there's one in every crowd ;-)

Guest yarvelling

I'm so glad to have found this at my local Game store, and for only