Sign in to follow this  
Superfly123

Best small time delelopers?

Hey guys, I am looking for smaller add on creators, payware or freeware that sell/make quality scenery, aircraft so on... I want small add on creators, so no pmdg, no captain sim, no orbx, no quality wings and so on. Thanks so much :)

Scenery: FWI, Sim Giants, Godzone, Eiresim, UK2000, Max Kraus (The best freeware) NL2000, FSAddon, MTX 5.4 Ai Traffic ( Burkhard), Great freeware scenery for Hungary, www.lhimulations.huAircraft: Real Air, Eaglesoft, Leonardo MD80Tools: FS2Crew, FSWidgets, FSFK, FS CaptainI am sure others will add more.

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Hard to pick just one, but if I had to, then it would be Ants Airplanes. The Eaglet, Tecnam Sierra and Drifter Ultralight are all excellent and easily a match for the output of far bigger developers, and they are very affordable too.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Scenery: UK2000 and Orbx, fantastic frame rates and qualityAircraft: Leonardo Maddog, such an old product, still unparalleled in complexity, the only aircraft that simulates icing, hot engine starts, failed starts, weather radar, and full shared cockpit, simply amazing.Utility: MCE, or Multi Crew Experience, allows full voice control of FSX or FS9, voice interaction with voxatc or default atc, and you can create your own flows and procedures for your FO to follow, like engine fire procedure, apu fire, etc, you are in full control. Better still, works with just about every aircraft you own, and it doesnt need to operate within fsx , so if the voice engine ever locks up or crashes, you dont lose your entire flight because fsx crashes. Simply restart the program and it catches up to your flight.

You will be missing out on a huge amount by limiting yourself to the hobby developers, I don't understand why you would do that when you are using a sim made by one of the biggest software companies in existence. It's like buying a Hummer and only using it on Sunday afternoons to take Aunt Mabel to the shops 200 yards away.

i9-12900K - Maximus Z690 Hero - Asus Strix 3090 - 32GB DDR5 - 1200W HX - H150i ELITE LCD - 980 Pro / Firecuda 530 - HOTAS Warthog

You will be missing out on a huge amount by limiting yourself to the hobby developers, I don't understand why you would do that when you are using a sim made by one of the biggest software companies in existence. It's like buying a Hummer and only using it on Sunday afternoons to take Aunt Mabel to the shops 200 yards away.
If I owned a Hummer. I would only use it to visit the mistress, sorry I meant Aunt Daisy, and thankfully, she too only lives 200 yards away, as that would be a full tank of fuel. :(

System: MSFS2020-Premium Deluxe, ASUS Maximus XI Hero,  Intel i7-8086K o/c to 5.0GHz, Corsair AIO H115i Pro, Lian Li PC-O11D XL,MSI RTX 3080 SUPRIM 12Gb, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 SSD, 1Tb Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200Mhz RAM, Corsair R1000X Gold PSU,Win 11 ,LG 43UD79 43" 4K IPS Panel., Airbus TCA Full Kit, Stream Deck XL.

Surprised to see Earth Simulations not mentioned. Their scenery for the Channel Islands and the Isles of Scilly rivals Orbx IMO.

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

If you like a challange, check out the French altiports from LLH.I also like the SceneryTech landclass a lot.Simaddons has some nice Canadian airports.Pacific Island Simulations for nice bush flying scnery in the pacific.

Payware aircraft: Marcel Felde's DA-20Payware airports:

• all of the above
  • Drzewiecki Design

Freeware aircraft:

• Ant's airplanes
  • Project Tupolev
  • Project Airbus
  • Free Sky Project (successor to POSKY?)

Freeware airports:http://forum.avsim.net/topic/361470-best-freeware-airports/Freeware scenery:

• Charles Reid (beautiful Hawaii scenery, here on Avsim file library)
  • RealEarthX (the free stuff I mean, they also have payware)
  • OpenVFR (again, some free stuff, buy more if you like it)
  • Blue Sky Scenery
  • NL2000
  • Denmark scenery from fsonline.dk
  • probably lots more, can't remember them at the moment

Hope that helps!

I consider Lionheart small developer and it offers great payware GA aircraft with reasonable price. Their Quest Kodiak is one of the best bush planes available IMO (not that I own all, but what I've used).

I did consider mentioning Lionheart; I have their Bellanca Turbo Viking (my fave GA plane for FSX) and their Trinidad and Tobago, all of which are cool, even if the T&T is a bit dated graphically, but like a lot of the suggestions that have been made on this thread, I do not consider them a small time developer, since they've been around a while and have quite a large product catalogue.Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Some that seldom get mentioned but are great addons.....Blue Sky photo scenery and 'moving map..free and constantly adds areas (USA)FSrealWX weather..free with constant updatesQuality Wings 757..pay..one of the best 'bangs for the bucks' in FS9 and FSXwww.fs-gs.com pay....FS and your computer will run flawlessly

Jay