Sign in to follow this  
itsahemi

737 NGX Constant clicking sound in cockpit.

Everytime I load the plane and its done configuring I get this annoying sound like the fuel pumps are on for starting a prop plane. I can not turn it off and its only after service pack 1c. Please help me.

a54316-5.png

If you have the analog gauges as standby instruments, switch to the digital version (ISFD) and see if it goes away. If it does, that's normal.It's just the vibrator in the altimeter which prevents the needle from getting stuck.

No it doesn't and PMDG is trying to help me but they don't even know what it is.

a54316-5.png

No it doesn't and PMDG is trying to help me but they don't even know what it is.

How loud is the sound? Do you have the electronic or analog gauges as standby instruments?

If your answer to that question is analog go to the FMC, and the aircraft options to change it.

Check out this video.

Is that the sound you hear? You see how it can be turned on and off. If that is the sound, it is normal and what a real 737 cockpit with analog stand by gauges sounds like

Here is the video check it out:

=

Man If it isnt the standby attitude thats a tough one. Sound driver issue? Check for the latest drivers.

JackColwill

Man If it isnt the standby attitude thats a tough one. Sound driver issue? Check for the latest drivers.

JackColwill

I would say do this and do a clean re-install and see what happens if you have not done that yet. But yea if it is not that I have no idea what it could be. Is the sound on if you have everything off? Battery off, engines off?

I assume you are talking about the click click.........click click...........click click. I am just wondering how many controller devices you have plugged in to the computer. I have 4 HDDs that I boot up under. One HDD has games like BF3. I used my logitech game pad for it. I booted up on the FSX HDD and forgot to unplug my logitech game device. somehow it kept triggering events in FSX. just for terds and giggles, try unplugging all your controller devices.....I mean ALL of them, then boot FSX. Is that sound still there?

JackColwill

No it's a default fsx fuel pump sound, when you turn on the fuel pumps that sound gets played. If you search for that file name I posted in the library its a replacement sound that lowers the volume. I guess for some reason this airplane triggers the default fsx sound file.

Guys,

Please don't get into replacing files - this isn't normal. His case is the only one I've seen and I'm quite positive the NGX doesn't trigger some default FSX sound file like that. I don't have this sound and neither does anyone else besides him.

Jack - that was my best guess too but he says he unplugged all controllers and it didn't stop...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Does it help if you press "Q" twice?

Another guess would be a fault in the loading cycle. Could it maybe help if you loaded the Cessna 172 and the reloaded the NGX?

Manfred

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.