Sign in to follow this  
albx

Flight coming to Steam

*UPDATE: Content may now be purchased via Steam as well. In fact, they have a "Hawaiian Starter Bundle" that includes all three of the RTW DLC components for a savings of $12.98!

So disappointed to see that you only save $5 if you have no desire to buy the Mustang.

The best gift you can give your children is your time.

sigbar.gif

Steam is pure awesomeness. I really don't buy PC games on disc anymore. Most, if not all are done through Steam.

I am just the opposite, prefer to have discs.

It's funny, was out yesterday buying some Sims3 expansions and talking to the gamergirl/sales person about the state of gaming and DLC and Steam came up quite a few times, the discussion of consoles over PC then came up, I had to leave then, LOL.

Best, Michael

KDFW

This is fantastic. Downloading from Steam now. Will be great to use Steam for the overlay, play time, and screenshot functions!

I really love Steam, really glad to see it on there, and it will go a long, long way to boosting the sales of Flight. I hope we can activate on Steam if we already bought it.

What I hate about Steam is that it make me so cheap! I know a product will come up for sale eventually, so I always hold out on the new stuff. This bundle is a great example, I have already spent $35 on Flight, and knowing I could have gotten the Mustang in there too, for $5 less... Really kicks me in my wallet!

So disappointed to see that you only save $5 if you have no desire to buy the Mustang.

Check your math. Hawaii was $20. The Maule was $15. The Mustang was $8 (?). If you're paying $12.98 for the three, that's quite a bargain.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I would like to know, if there is a any way to move GFWL version to Steam... Anyone any idea?

Pretty sure once you install the steam version, all the addons will be there for you once you log in to GFWL after starting Flight. Also your saves should be unaffected, since the save directory should be the same for Steam and GFWL versions. Not 100% sure it will be problem free however until I try later today. In my experience Steam works way better than GFWL but looks like we will have both. Safe thing to do would be backup your Xlive folder and not uninstalling Flight until after you are sure the saves are there and safe.

Check your math. Hawaii was $20. The Maule was $15. The Mustang was $8 (?). If you're paying $12.98 for the three, that's quite a bargain.

Hook

The Bundle on Steam is $29.99, for a savings of $12.98. Still a good deal, wish i had waited lol.

In my experience Steam works way better than GFWL but looks like we will have both.

This is how most (all?) GFWL games work on Steam. You can buy the DLC, you get the key, but then you have to redeem the key and DL the content via GFWL.

Does this mean I can just go ahead and buy the expansion bundle from Steam and it will be installed onto the base package that I already have from GFWL?

John

This is how most (all?) GFWL games work on Steam. You can buy the DLC, you get the key, but then you have to redeem the key and DL the content via GFWL.

Yep that is why i think it should be a pretty seemless transition just like Dirt3 or whatever.

The only thing im not sure of is if you uninstall Flight after you install the Steam version, you could possibly lose your saves. Not sure about that as of yet im at work and can't play around with it.

Yep that is why i think it should be a pretty seemless transition just like Dirt3 or whatever.

The only thing im not sure of is if you uninstall Flight after you install the Steam version, you could possibly lose your saves. Not sure about that as of yet im at work and can't play around with it.

Just installed the Steam version, and it uses the same save files as the regular version. So as long as you dont remove your saves, you should be ok.

So it`s possbile to merge the existing installation with STEAM?

Or will you loose your DLC`s unless you buy them from STEAM?

Download and install the steam version. Then start Flight and login to GFWL and your DLC should be there. I assume that is the way it works, because that is how it works with other GFWL titles in steam.

Thx AK416 good to hear.

1) It remains to be seen if they will allow activation of the retail product on Steam. This has been supported for other games in the past.

2) GFWL will still be what controls the DLC, you can only buy a key for it on Steam. So not to worry, your DLC should stay tight as it is tied to your gamertag.