Sign in to follow this  
albx

Flight coming to Steam

Maybe they're waiting for us to buy something.

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Maybe they're waiting for us to buy something.

They'll have a very, very long wait in that case... :Thinking:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Steam support tickets take ages to process. Don't hold your breath on that. You will get forum access soon though, maybe 48 hours. There are very few posts in the flight forum on steam as of now, mostly from non flightsim types. Questions like "why is my altitude not zero when my plane is on the runway?". You're not missing much.

So far, not a single one of us beta testers who did not already have a Steam account have been granted posting priveleges yet. I've been validated now for thirty-six hours, and still have no access to the forum(s).

I opened a Support Ticket and received an automated acknowledgement, but now at hour fifteen, have yet to have a human response. Valve has failed to impress me thus far!

What's even more interesting is that several of the Microsoft devs haven't been "approved to post" either! :LMAO:

yeah that's very odd.

Questions like "why is my altitude not zero when my plane is on the runway?".

Hm. Y'know, that's actually good news. It means the new flight simmers are actually looking at things and thinking about them.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

Yeah I guess so. I had fun yesterday morning flying with a ton of steam noobs. Everyone was fresh and knew nothing but they were all bombing around in the pt-17, good times. I actually caved and bought the zero after being way outclassed by one. The p-51 just can't stay on a zeros tail. Too heavy.

You're not missing much.

I have no problem reading the posts, few as they are. It's just annoying not to be able to reply!

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

Tell me about it, I forgot my password and am now locked out for 15 minutes! Argh!

/edit: turns out steam user account and forum account are separate. I'm now waiting on moderation as well. I was sure I had a forum login. I've been on steam for years. Oh well.

turns out steam user account and forum account are separate. I'm now waiting on moderation as well. I was sure I had a forum login. I've been on steam for years.

Ah good to know I was wondering about that as I have a Steam account as well, but have never signed up for the forums.

Guess I should get my name in the hat so to speak...

Hey all, it was posted on the Steam chat that much of Valve is on vacation at the moment, so be patient with the forum registrations. :Nerd:

Edit: :ph34r:

They are in HAWAII of all places! So we have to wait a little while longer than normal.

Sniped me on that one! arr!

They are in HAWAII of all places! So we have to wait a little while longer than normal.

Wow, the realism in Flight is pretty impressive, then.

Sniped me on that one! arr!

Wow, the realism in Flight is pretty impressive, then.

Lets just hope they find a way to fly out of the Hawaii DLC back to KSEA...

--John near KPAE

Is it possible to transfer your Flight DLC into Steam like it's possible with some boxed products?

Or did Microsoft screw over early adopters by not allowing them to use the superior Steam for downloading updates and addons (unless you purchase everything twice)?

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

Is it possible to transfer your Flight DLC into Steam like it's possible with some boxed products?

Or did Microsoft screw over early adopters by not allowing them to use the superior Steam for downloading updates and addons (unless you purchase everything twice)?

No matter if you initially purchase a GFWL game from Steam or not, all DLC must be downloaded and installed via GFWL. Steam only gives you a code for the DLC that must be redeemed in the GFWL client, it does not manage the actual deployment of of the DLC.