Sign in to follow this  
Eef

Nvidia 301.24 and Nvidia Inspector 1.9.6.3

Ok, thanks. And that will work with an german language driver?

dunno. you can always try... or download the english version :smile:

Btw about that thing with the auto OC: My card is manufactor OC and does allways run at that level. I don´t know whether there will be problems with it.

With the German driver i get an error although I put the inf file into it. I will try the english version now.

The english version does work. I tested it in CoH and so far everything normal.

I use the version from Xtreme-G drivers. they modded the driver, so also the 500 series etc could run it.

Will Nvidia produce a driver for the 500 series cards?

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

don't know as the driver is created to suppport the 680 newest features. I can't find any other major improvement.

I think the only interesting thing are the vsync options. But I don't know anything about that since i have a 120hz monitor :=)

don't know as the driver is created to suppport the 680 newest features. I can't find any other major improvement.

I think the only interesting thing are the vsync options. But I don't know anything about that since i have a 120hz monitor :=)

you can still test it, did you see my other post Eef?

Looks like it's either locked to half the monitor's refresh rate or regular Vsync. You could still try 1/2 and lower your FSX settings / fly in the middle of nowhere to get >60FPS. Then crank up the sliders and go to some demanding airport and see if Vsync is turned off below 60FPS

Will Nvidia produce a driver for the 500 series cards?

To answer my own question-yes Nvidia will.

Andrew Dixon
"If common sense was compulsory everyone would have it but I am afraid this is not the case"

What the hell does "it works" mean? Someone try Adaptive Vsync in windowed mode or I'm getting in serial killer mode! :biggrin:

What improvements should I be looking for?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

I'm, now running the new 301.24 beta driver and Inspector 1.9.6.3 and I'm happy to report that for the first time in ages I can lock the framerate to 30 (in either FS9 or FSX) and still have a smooth stutter free experience :)

The trick is to set Vertical Sync (in Inspector) to 1/2 Refresh Rate (asuming you're using a 60Hz monitor). I use standard tear control as I found the new Adaptive method still gave some tearing.

Gonna do some more testing now :)