Sign in to follow this  
AzureWX

Alaska being shown at PAX

In other words, "could be released at the same price as the Hawaii DLC". No way to guess at this point. May be more, won't be less, but $20 is a reasonable estimate.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

It is a very real possibility news outlets have the info and are under embargo. There is also a strong possibility they are making assumptions based off the previous DLC, regarding the price.

I am guessing the latter, but time will tell!

well....20 bucks will probably be the price...my arguments for both sides of a price hike are

alaska is way bigger, a lot more time...etc.

on the other hand, most of alaska is forest and snow covered hills/mountains...pretty simple to just plant a random forest texture down, not that many cities and details

tons of landing strips in alaska, hopefully we'll get a lot of them.

Do you believe Alaska will bring the same cockpitless boring rusty ancient plane AKA as de Havilland produced in 1948 WWII era ?

Come on Mark, this is a Flight Support forum, not a pot shot forum. If you don't like and fly Flight and regard it with contempt, why do you read and post here? Don't stir the pot trying to get a reaction.

Kind regards,

So, no news from PAXEast except this phrase going on at facebook and the little video in this thread?

my friend told me yesterday he read somewhere DLC is due sometime next week! I asked him about the source but he couldn't remember since he was browsing through many pages, found that rumor on some but he later closed it so he couldn't remember the address.

LOL Doesn't sound like a thrustworthy source... :wink: Sounds a bit like "A friend of my sister's neighbour read somewhere that someone posted on some forum that his boss heard a rumor..." etc. etc. :wink:

Btw, in a Gamespy article i read yesterday, they mention the following "When you consider the upcoming Alaska DLC could be released at a presumed $19.99..."

So, do you guys think they know something we don't or they're just taking a shot in the dark?

I just read that article and the writer is very clearly only giving an example: 'Let's say Alaska will cost as much as the Adventure pack...' He is not even guessing what the price will be and he definitely knows nothing more than we do. It's not even a shot in the dark. He is just trying to make clear that Flight is cheaper on Steam right now. Nothing more. :wink:

I agree with Fastcarfastplane. It does make sense to charge more since it is way bigger than Hawaii but the argument about terrain complexity is also quite true. As a user, i would love if price was 20$ but something tells me it might cost

more than that. I will purchase it for sure, i just hope we get some bug fixes (mostly multiplayer ones such as clouds disappearing when you alt+tab and come back, incorrect plane model of a friend you're flying with, disconnecting and reconnecting to the session always resets your weather to clear skies, etc), one plane capable of transporting more than 4 passengers and a cargo one that can carry over 2000lbs of cargo. That would be awesome.

Still, i see no reaction from you guys about the alleged release date my friend mentioned. I, for one, am thrilled and would be delighted if they released it next week :)

Cheers

LOL Doesn't sound like a thrustworthy source... :wink: Sounds a bit like "A friend of my sister's neighbour read somewhere that someone posted on some forum that his boss heard a rumor..." etc. etc. :wink:

I just read that article and the writer is very clearly only giving an example: 'Let's say Alaska will cost as much as the Adventure pack...' He is not even guessing what the price will be and he definitely knows nothing more than we do. It's not even a shot in the dark. He is just trying to make clear that Flight is cheaper on Steam right now. Nothing more. :wink:

I understand why you're saying that but this is a friend of mine with 100+ hours logged in Flight already, my very good real life friend and a true flight sim enthusiast (also a son of a commercial pilot flying B737) :) So, it's not like i read on some forum that someone's friend posted that his friend read somewhere..... :) The only problem is he couldn't remember the address when i asked him and he wouldn't go through googling it again :)

Regarding the article, i didn't say they were guessing. I was just curious if you guys thought they maybe had some information we don't and were simply hiding it behind words such as "presumably" or "let's say".

With that said, of course i did understand the price comparison part and intention :) I simply thought there might be something more to it. Time will tell.

So, i am sorry if i was misleading you guys, that wasn't my intention. I am just thirsty for any information regarding the upcoming DLC.

Cheers

I would not be surprised to see Alaska next week, as they teased it a month ago now. But I also know how things can go when it come to release time, so I am not getting excited till I see the official word =)

So, i am sorry if i was misleading you guys, that wasn't my intention. I am just thirsty for any information regarding the upcoming DLC.

Ah, no worries, I didn't feel mislead: you clearly said these were rumors and we shouldn't take it the wrong way. But you asked if we thought if this was a shot in the dark and I simply replied to that question, haha! :wink:

Alaska is being shown right now on PAX so... it seems to me they are almost finished with it! Still, they said it would be released in spring and spring isn't over yet, it has only just begun!

Come on Mark, this is a Flight Support forum, not a pot shot forum. If you don't like and fly Flight and regard it with contempt, why do you read and post here? Don't stir the pot trying to get a reaction.

Kind regards,

Well said Stephen. Zero tolerance...........it's the only way !

Fred.

Ah, no worries, I didn't feel mislead: you clearly said these were rumors and we shouldn't take it the wrong way. But you asked if we thought if this was a shot in the dark and I simply replied to that question, haha! :wink:

Alaska is being shown right now on PAX so... it seems to me they are almost finished with it! Still, they said it would be released in spring and spring isn't over yet, it has only just begun!

I know, spring has just started but one can dream, right? :) I so wish Alaska comes next week :P

Cheers

That's amazing, only one video on youtube(pax east 2012) showing some content about Flight. We are the minority of the minority.

To be fair, it sounds like the demo was on one machine in the Xbox booth. Basically a needle in the haystack that is PAX.

Interesting!

Reminds me of a cartoon title a little bit :)

Cheers