Sign in to follow this  
Scorpiux

The Mafiosi Pilot..

Hi all,

I am really liking the XP-10 experience, but i becomes a little monotone, just to pick a aircraft and a flight path between to airports... So i wanted to create a small story to use for giving the flights some background, purpose and feeling... But i need some help, here goes (sorry for the much text):

The Mafiosi Pilot.

Flying missions as a mobster pilot, different type of missions, locations and aircraft, for example: VIP transport, Sightseeing in the old country, drug-runs from Mexico, money-laundering runs to the Caymans etc.

Locations are: Italy (especially Sicily), New York and surrounding area, Las Vegas, Atlantic City, Northern Mexico, Colombia, Caymans, Florida, Los Angeles etc.

Example of a mission:

• 15. August 2011 at 08:00
  • New York, La Guardia Airport
  • VIP Transport
  • Bombardier Challenger 300

The Don of La Familia, have a meeting with a corrupt congressman in D.C. Fly the boss to D.C.

-------

Here is where I need help from the community:

• Good locations (sceneries) and mission type idea’s…
  • Is there a way to have your flight rated after it’s done, so I could say the mission failed if the rating was bad, and after 3 bad ratings you are send to the Hudson River with concrete shoes…
  • Any other comments or advices…

Most of these thing i can handle them just with word and imagination, but the rating or similar of my flights is the real "bugger", so here i really need some advice or help...?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Regards,

Mo'

PS: If it becomes a joy and success i will maybe create a blog and turn it into a story... (if i ever will be good to make screenshots)... :-)

MS FLIGHT is the sim for you, or FSX!!!!

Hey guys... just this one... I will not post anything regarding the fidelity of Xplane's FM :-)

Hi all,

I am really liking the XP-10 experience, but i becomes a little monotone, just to pick a aircraft and a flight path between to airports... So i wanted to create a small story to use for giving the flights some background, purpose and feeling... But i need some help, here goes (sorry for the much text):

The Mafiosi Pilot.

Flying missions as a mobster pilot, different type of missions, locations and aircraft, for example: VIP transport, Sightseeing in the old country, drug-runs from Mexico, money-laundering runs to the Caymans etc.

Locations are: Italy (especially Sicily), New York and surrounding area, Las Vegas, Atlantic City, Northern Mexico, Colombia, Caymans, Florida, Los Angeles etc.

Example of a mission:

• 15. August 2011 at 08:00
  • New York, La Guardia Airport
  • VIP Transport
  • Bombardier Challenger 300

The Don of La Familia, have a meeting with a corrupt congressman in D.C. Fly the boss to D.C.

-------

Here is where I need help from the community:

• Good locations (sceneries) and mission type idea’s…
  • Is there a way to have your flight rated after it’s done, so I could say the mission failed if the rating was bad, and after 3 bad ratings you are send to the Hudson River with concrete shoes…
  • Any other comments or advices…

Most of these thing i can handle them just with word and imagination, but the rating or similar of my flights is the real "bugger", so here i really need some advice or help...?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Regards,

Mo'

PS: If it becomes a joy and success i will maybe create a blog and turn it into a story... (if i ever will be good to make screenshots)... :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

I'm all for the mission scenarios. Not so sure about the drug running and corruption tho.

What about a covert food and medicine drop in some remote area of Somalia or Ethiopia etc;. Maybe have to go in low and under cover of darkness and look for a couple of fires. We can already place fires can we?

MS FLIGHT is the sim for you, or FSX!!!!

The beauty of a flight simulation program is that you can use it for anything you want.

Be it MS Flight, FSX, or even your beloved X-Plane; there are people who find great enjoyment in varying degrees of role playing while simming.

To treat them with a backhanded dismissal as seen above is part and parcel to the behavior which consistently gives X-Plane and its devotees a reputation of arrogance.

Actually, I was being serious :-)... I only play FLIGHT !

The beauty of a flight simulation program is that you can use it for anything you want.

Be it MS Flight, FSX, or even your beloved X-Plane; there are people who find great enjoyment in varying degrees of role playing while simming.

To treat them with a backhanded dismissal as seen above is part and parcel to the behavior which consistently gives X-Plane and its devotees a reputation of arrogance.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Yet another thread that started out as an x plane related topic that got turned into an attack against x plane and its users (devotees).

GoranM - you're right. (I received your unedited copy of your post via an email notification, and I must admit it to some of the things you accused, even if they aren't on display for the rest of the world to see right now).

In looking at jcomm's profile, it seems clear that indeed he does enjoy Flight, and I made a rather presumptuous mistake thinking he was being sarcastic or otherwise derogatory of the original poster in his recommendation of Flight or FSX. Rather than finely detailing my concerns with a hobbiest's carving knife, I wielded an axe to an entire group of people. There have been PLENTY of examples of welcoming and helpful X-Plane users over the past month, and I do them a disservice by classifying all X-Plane users the way I did.

jcomm, please accept my apologies for labeling you as something you are not. In addition, allow me to extend an apology to the X-Plane community at large if they feel inappropriately represented by my characterization. Although there have been and will be times when it seems someone is preaching in the church of X-Plane, the same exact thing can and does happen in the church of MSFS, and in both cases it's usually not the predominant attitude of those who enjoy the platforms. In fact, I'd go on to wager that most participants here in the AVSIM X-Plane forums enjoy BOTH platforms for what they have to offer individually.

My assumptions about the post in question were regretful.

-Greg

GoranM - you're right. (I received your unedited copy of your post via an email notification, and I must admit it to some of the things you accused, even if they aren't on display for the rest of the world to see right now).

In looking at jcomm's profile, it seems clear that indeed he does enjoy Flight, and I made a rather presumptuous mistake thinking he was being sarcastic or otherwise derogatory of the original poster in his recommendation of Flight or FSX. Rather than finely detailing my concerns with a hobbiest's carving knife, I wielded an axe to an entire group of people. There have been PLENTY of examples of welcoming and helpful X-Plane users over the past month, and I do them a disservice by classifying all X-Plane users the way I did.

jcomm, please accept my apologies for labeling you as something you are not. In addition, allow me to extend an apology to the X-Plane community at large if they feel inappropriately represented by my characterization. Although there have been and will be times when it seems someone is preaching in the church of X-Plane, the same exact thing can and does happen in the church of MSFS, and in both cases it's usually not the predominant attitude of those who enjoy the platforms. In fact, I'd go on to wager that most participants here in the AVSIM X-Plane forums enjoy BOTH platforms for what they have to offer individually.

My assumptions about the post in question were regretful.

-Greg

Greg

My unedited post was a post made out of slight frustration at seeing a forum that has displayed a feeling of normality for quite an extended period, and then you came in and called us arrogant.

We just want to enjoy what we like without anyone thinking less of us for doing so. It's not arrogance. What may be interpreted as arrogance is probably some kind of defense against people who just hate x plane (while having an intense passion for their choice of flight sim) and feel the need to voice their opinion and make attacks at people for disagreeing with them...over and over again.

Just because we don't agree with them, doesn't make us arrogant.

No problem, after all, I could have saved the post I did because it really doesn't contribute to the xplane cause, but when I read it I thought that the Mission/Challenge structure found in many simulators, not only FSX or now FLIGHT, was pretty much what the author was asking for...

Of course I can pretend to play some mission even when I use ELITE, but I feel it is a lot easier when you use game-oriented platforms just like FLIGHT.

Main Simulation Rig:

Greg

My unedited post was a post made out of slight frustration at seeing a forum that has displayed a feeling of normality for quite an extended period, and then you came in and called us arrogant.

We just want to enjoy what we like without anyone thinking less of us for doing so. It's not arrogance. What may be interpreted as arrogance is probably some kind of defense against people who just hate x plane (while having an intense passion for their choice of flight sim) and feel the need to voice their opinion and make attacks at people for disagreeing with them...over and over again.

Just because we don't agree with them, doesn't make us arrogant.

Goran,

The beauty in all of this is that "they" have Flight now.

I chuckle to myself every time I scroll past the flight forum to browse here.

One word comes to mind......Schadenfreude ;-)