Sign in to follow this  
rivermivida

What are these red lines...?

But they are still red in flight...

I believe that they show up during the TCAS system test. Those are the guidance lines when the TCAS system is giving pilot direction to avoid another aircraft.

Based on your modified panel (the FDX logo), I'm guessing it has to do with that. If I remember correctly, that's where the tail number is supposed to show up, and modifying the tail number has caused issues with people's systems in the past.

Kyle Rodgers

Is that perhaps a failure ? I think it is

Is that perhaps a failure ? I think it is

a random failure??

Based on your modified panel (the FDX logo), I'm guessing it has to do with that. If I remember correctly, that's where the tail number is supposed to show up, and modifying the tail number has caused issues with people's systems in the past.

it happens with other liveries..

think this has been mentioned before in another thread some where, kyle is right about the tail number being modified

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

As said, it is the TCAS test image, you will also get this in flight if there is a traffic conflict, (either with AI or multplayer). If you are getting this with no AI or multiplayer traffic in the vicinity, then there is something wrong.

Thanks

Tom

My Youtube Videos!

http://www.youtube.com/user/tf51d

For the record

THis is not a failure of the fedex paint.

I am flying also all the time with the fedex paint and the tcas (as this is indeed the tcas signalling) only shows up, correctly, on tcas test and on traffic conflict. BTW this image is from tcas test as on a true conflict the arrow will either point upwards or downwards depending on traffic advisory from tcas

If they are on constantly during flight this suggest the tcas test is continuously being peformed. Check the tcas switch (the tcas test is performed by pushing the button in the middle of the 4 position tcas switch)

If this is on without the switch being pressed please change to another livery and check if the same happens there.

If it does this indicate some weird bug. Probably best to first try to reinstall ngx but if it stays on even after re-install i think it is time to submit a support ticket

good luck

We give unique registration textures to each repaint we do. I can't imagine altering it would have any effect on your gauges.

Chris Hicks

We give unique registration textures to each repaint we do. I can't imagine altering it would have any effect on your gauges.

You wouldn't think, but if there are mismatches, functions in the background may not work properly. I'm not sure how this would manifest in its effects on the TCAS, but it's clearly a modified panel, so my assertion remains.

I remember reading something about registrations causing issues if edited.

Kyle Rodgers

Well, as a repainter, I've never experienced any problems due to the VC registration texture. All VC numbers are edited. The VC N number is not a mod. It's a texture just like the outside. It should no more have an effect on the gauges than the exterior paint does. It's included with the paint kit and all of your planes have a unique one given by the repainter. It's not making any sense to me why it would matter any more than a red plane not working because it got painted blue. If you delete that texture, you get a blank box, but no other effect occurs.

Have any other repainters encountered this phenomenon before? I'm really curious why I've never encountered it if it is a VC texture issue.

Chris Hicks

Earlier I was unable to see the screenshot, and I could not see if this was 2D panel (where indeed rego is written by software) or 3D.

In 3D panel, this is just a texture. It does not matter at all what is there, a rego, rego+selcal, rego+selcal+line number, FDX logo, or a (very small version of) last months centerfold... Or nothing at all for that matter. I have several hours in my C-GTVF repaint without this texture, because I waas waiting for info on what is actually written on the decal.

For the record

THis is not a failure of the fedex paint.

I am flying also all the time with the fedex paint and the tcas (as this is indeed the tcas signalling) only shows up, correctly, on tcas test and on traffic conflict. BTW this image is from tcas test as on a true conflict the arrow will either point upwards or downwards depending on traffic advisory from tcas

If they are on constantly during flight this suggest the tcas test is continuously being peformed. Check the tcas switch (the tcas test is performed by pushing the button in the middle of the 4 position tcas switch)

If this is on without the switch being pressed please change to another livery and check if the same happens there.

If it does this indicate some weird bug. Probably best to first try to reinstall ngx but if it stays on even after re-install i think it is time to submit a support ticket

good luck

My friends, i use FS2crew, the FO handles de TCAS and i never had a problem with the TCAS or the whole NGX before..