Sign in to follow this  
HughesMDflyer4

New Aircraft Teaser - Second Screenshot

Come to think of it........Paul Allen is in the Credits for MS Flight !

I have a feeling we could be seeing cockpit versions of these 3 birds sooner than later.

Fred.

Come to think of it........Paul Allen is in the Credits for MS Flight !

I have a feeling we could be seeing cockpit versions of these 3 birds sooner than later.

Fred.

That would be very nice! That's cool, didn't realize he was a part of Flying Heritage, I subscribe to them on Facebook.

From Flying Heritage facebook

425335_10150677184488666_13883518665_9207492_1756821773_n.jpg

I do beleive you are correct, it is a P-40. not sure of the model number, Warhawk or Kittyhawk? Strange choice to me as it was obsoleat and hoplesly outclassed by the time of Pearl Harbor. Some did get airborn late in the attack and did not fair well. That being said I would buy it in a secont if it has a full cockpit, but that seems remote at best. Still a highly prized warbird today.

Ugh. This news depresses me to no end. I really expected better from Flight, and this new direction they are taking really has me confused. What I worked on, and what Flight is today are two different things, and I dont like it to be honest. The last 3 DLC's have been warbird without cockpits. Why warbirds? Why without cockpits? Why in a GA flight sim/game? Simple. They are cheap, and marketable. The new direction of Flight is driven 100% by greed and market research, and I simply cant support that. I really hope sales of these kid toys fall flat on there face once people get bored of this crap. All they are selling now, is noisy eye candy, and they arnt even modeled well. Truly depressing...

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Strange choice to me as it was obsoleat and hoplesly outclassed by the time of Pearl Harbor

Surely you jest? The F4F Wildcat handidly defeated the A6M once the Navy developed proper tactics against the Zero. The P-40 is a better performer than the F4F on several counts including top speed and rate of climb. It could at least outrun the A6M2 which is something the F4F had little chance of doing.

The P-40 is one of my favorite warbirds, though I'm not really interested in buying it as an add-on for Flight. I'm pretty sure it will be a success because it is instantly recognized by so many people.

Strange choice to me as it was obsoleat and hoplesly outclassed by the time of Pearl Harbor. Some did get airborn late in the attack and did not fair well.

Speaking about that very subject. I wouldn't call the P-40 being obsolete either.

http://www.chuckhawk...-40_vs_zero.htm

About the P-40 " its amazing ability to absorb punishment and still continue to fight"

You couldn't say that about the Zero, even with it's nimbleness. And once most of the superb pilots of Japan's Empire were killed in combat and most that were left were rookies, the days of the Zero's superiority were over. The Americans learned good tactics, one of them was "don't try to out-turn a Zero, you'll lose every time."

Also, think "Flying Tigers" They totally destroyed Zero's. A ratio of 40:1 using P-40's.

http://yarchive.net/...avg_record.html

A very good synopsis of the P-40: http://www.chuckhawks.com/p40.htm

OMG! By now, probably all of you noticed how much i "defended" Flight in pretty much every thread but this is just too much! It amazes me that: 1) a lot of people actually bought cockpitless Mustang and Zero and 2) Microsoft doesn't really know what to do with Flight! Apparently, they are still evaluating the market in order to determine whether they should just include guns on all the warbirds and slowly turn Flight into CFS 3 or stick to a civilian GA sim / game genre. I mean, this is ridiculous. I understand that there are people who love WWII war birds but the least they could do is simultaneously release a basic war bird and a deluxe civilian aircraft and simply offer it to both target groups of Flight. This is just too much.

They better have something incredible in store for us within Alaska DLC. If they stick to this strategy and keep neglecting other group of Flight users, many people will lose all respect for them and that will directly affect sales.

I hope they know what they're doing.

Ah, i am so so mad right now and i'm off to sleep (4:40 am here).

Cheers

I agree... flight is about greed, controlling the new marketplace with a detached attitude of "these simmers will buy anything". MS realy missed some key elements of what made FS great.

However... these warbirds make total sense with hawaii and wasnt surprising. I even looked over the warhawk when the first clue was released, along with the bearcat, corsair, lightning, etc. We probably wont see anothr warbird for a long while, maybe not until they will do a reno dlc or something like that. Alaska will likely have relavant planes like a tundra cub, something with skis, and perhaps a beaver. Maybe we'll get a big city next with chopper missions and a small twin commuter?

well if this is any indication then look at Flying Heritage's website and that your future DLC, *sarcastically* WOOHOO!

If that really is how its gonna be I will do everything in my power to defame Flight and Microsoft even if I have to cross legal limits and get warned by Microsoft again for "slander", this aggravates me. I can understand ok maybe 1 warbird every 3 months cool, but come on!

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

lhc_p-40c_06.jpg

Proof the next aircraft is a P-40. This photo is from Paul Allens collection. I can see the Storch right behind it.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

If anyone from the Flight staff sees this thread.

Please, Don't release a cockpitless aircraft before you release Alaska DLC, or at least a Deluxe aircraft at the same time.

OMG! By now, probably all of you noticed how much i "defended" Flight in pretty much every thread but this is just too much! It amazes me that: 1) a lot of people actually bought cockpitless Mustang and Zero and 2) Microsoft doesn't really know what to do with Flight! Apparently, they are still evaluating the market in order to determine whether they should just include guns on all the warbirds and slowly turn Flight into CFS 3 or stick to a civilian GA sim / game genre. I mean, this is ridiculous. I understand that there are people who love WWII war birds but the least they could do is simultaneously release a basic war bird and a deluxe civilian aircraft and simply offer it to both target groups of Flight. This is just too much.

They better have something incredible in store for us within Alaska DLC. If they stick to this strategy and keep neglecting other group of Flight users, many people will lose all respect for them and that will directly affect sales.

I hope they know what they're doing.

Ah, i am so so mad right now and i'm off to sleep (4:40 am here).

Cheers

+1

If that really is how its gonna be I will do everything in my power to defame Flight and Microsoft even if I have to cross legal limits and get warned by Microsoft again for "slander", this aggravates me.

Not here you won't. It will only result in immediate deletion of your post or thread, and for yourself and IP address, an immediate suspension or banning from Avsim. I'm not kidding.

If that really is how its gonna be I will do everything in my power to defame Flight and Microsoft even if I have to cross legal limits and get warned by Microsoft again for "slander", this aggravates me. I can understand ok maybe 1 warbird every 3 months cool, but come on!

If you have faith that it will die, let it die on its own. Flaming only makes you and the rest of the hard core simmers look bad.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Not here you won't. It will only result in immediate deletion of your post or thread, and for yourself and IP address, an immediate suspension or banning from Avsim. I'm not kidding.

I dont have to do it here, there are plenty of ways where I have free reign to defame a "poorly envisioned" product youtube being one of the more powerful tools, as far as Avsim goes, MS really does not take into consideration what *this* community thinks, they even said so in the interview with AVSIM, so therefore defaming MS on an AVSIM forum is null and void.

8414713730_2947d4201c_n.jpg

That is just silly, getting so upset over this, even so much as to go on some crusade.. Raised%20Eyebrow.gif

where's the "facepalm" smilie