Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Got the Zero... looking forward for the p-40 :-)

So.........

Even if the new plane is Vc-less, that leaves us with a balance of four planes with cockpits.

Icon

Stearman

Maule

RV-6

Versus three cockpit-less planes

Mustang

Zero

P40

One could even argue from the other side that OMG! why all of these planes with cockpits? :Just Kidding:

More seriously: just from the numbers so far........ whats that trend, again?

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Icon has a cockpit....

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

The trend is probably one of giving good models (just as the ones already released are) way better than any default airplane on previous versions of MSFS, satisfying both types of potential users - those who like to fly using realistic procedures, instruments, engine management, etc... (just as I do...), and those who are newcomers and will most probably prefer not to be thrown into the intricate details of an airplane with a functional cockpit...

I believe that most of us who haven't succeeded in calling the attention of our children/wifes/husbands/whoever... into our hobby, may well be able to do it through FLIGHT.

My younger daughter when she was about 3 yo, once came next to me during one of those long haul dertailed full cockpit/procedures flights using a well known airliner available for fs9, and told me... "dady... can you please land that plane and come play with me?...." A few years later she couldn't listen to the words - airplane, glider, flying, cockpit.... and my dream of giving rise to a woman pilot vanished.... Maybe she could have get interested in FLIGHT, just by playing around the gorgeous Hawaii scenery and the nice aircraft in FLIGHT's hangar

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Lenovo TB310FU 9,5" Tablet for Navigraph and some available external FMCs or AVITABs

Main flight simulators: MSFS 2020... (😍 IT !!!), AND AeroflyFS4 - Great  FLIGHT SIMULATION !!!

If there were simply no basic planes released, but the same number of deluxe models, how would this be better?

I agree that there is an audience who would enjoy cheap cockpitless planes, and they are certainly allowed to be served. The problem is that MS is the only one who can publish for Flight right now and if they find it easy enough to make money with cockpitless planes they may decide that investing the time in planes with cockpits is not worth it. They may decide there is no reason to add functionality to the cockpit. *That* is the problem with the cockpitless planes.

I love to fly A2A planes in FSX, but the only reason why we got to that level of quality was because different publishers wanted to compete for the dollars from simmers. Since MS has no competition there in no reason to hope they will strive for better quality if they are happy enough with cockpitless planes.

- Gary Letona

Icon has a cockpit....

I had already changed it. :-)

Thanx

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Gary, good point.

I can't imagine Microsoft being that short sighted to never make another plane with a cockpit. Even if the deluxe planes were being outsold by the basic ones by an incredibly large margin, there are still too many things you need a deluxe plane to do in missions. Whatever planes are already in the pipeline will be made available, and they can't all be basic, because Microsoft couldn't predict that basic planes would be the only ones to sell.

You can get some idea by looking in multiplayer what the percentages of planes are. If no one was flying deluxe planes, then you would only see basic ones in multi. If no one was buying basic planes, you would only see deluxe ones in multi. Neither case is true.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

I hardly have done any aerocache challenges so I am not sure but I do know last week there was an aerocache challenge using VOR and I presume you only could do that one in the RV or Maule! So MS apparently did NOT forget about planes with VC's and even encourage people to use them this way. :wink: If they would focus on simply flying with none-vc aircraft, they wouldn't have created that aerocache. And btw they also woudn't have bothered creating those detailed VC's plus all VOR's etc. for the initial release.

I think we are all just a bit impatient... :wink: Rightly so, I think, but I am sure there are some good things coming our way.

So.........

Even if the new plane is Vc-less, that leaves us with a balance of four planes with cockpits.

Icon

Stearman

Maule

RV-6

Versus three cockpit-less planes

Mustang

Zero

P40

One could even argue from the other side that OMG! why all of these planes with cockpits? :Just Kidding:

More seriously: just from the numbers so far........ whats that trend, again?

Well, one trend is that the fun, high-performance old warbirds are all without a cockpit. I would love to play around with a fun, high-performance old warbird. If they put a cockpit in just one of them, I'll quit complaining. Right now, I simply have no option to play with one, other than telling MS that I approve of cockpitless planes in the only way they understand (by buying one).

I definitely don't think we should be attacking or belittling people who do like Flight. I haven't played since the first day of Beta, but that is my personal preference. At this point I think it is crazier for the people who hate flight to be in here fussing about it not being what they want it to be or challenging others who do like it, than it is for people to be in here talking about how much they like it. I think it was clear from the interview, that Tom did, that the Flight team has no interest in hardcore simmers, so for the hardcore simmers to be in here questioning why other people like the game is a little immature, in my opinion.

Tyson Rose

I posted this in Hangar chat so please comment there as I don't want to hijack this thread but these are my thoughts very much in line with Tyson:

my thought of the day...

So I really have to wonder and question the behavior on not only this forum at times but also the same behavior on other forums I frequent and how the Internet has negatively affected our interaction as humans...

Just my observation and a lot of this goes for myself also and I will make a conscious effort to change the negative aspects of my own behaviour.

Please feel free to add the things that bother you about the way the internet has changed our interaction with others...

Do you remember when you didn't say something negative for the sake of it?

Do you remember when you gave the person you were speaking to the same level or respect you expected in return?

Do you remember when you thought before you spoke because there was no delete key?

Do you remember when you let others live and let live and believed in to each their own opposed to forcing your beliefs down their throat

Do you remember when you weren't anonymous but had to actually accept responsibility for your words and actions?

Do you remember the last time you admitted you were wrong and apologized for it?

Do you remember when being a tough guy required you to actually be a tough guy and a keyboard and mouse didn't make everyone a tough guy

Do you remember when things like this weren't things we had to think about but were a normal part of our daily lives?

For as good as the Internet is and as much as I love it I think it has had a disastrous effect on how we actually communicate as humans and the level of respect we show one another...

Just my .02 of the day after reading some comments on here and a few other forums this am...

-P

Do unto others as you would want done to you and speak to others as you would want to be spoken to... it is not a bad way to live your life...

And in true internet form I have my flame suit on and I am ready to take it... I have always believed in not holding myself to a higher standard but yes, holding myself to a standard which most people don't and not for anyone else but because no one is harder on myself than me and I am the one who has to like what I see in the mirror in the morning (which I do if there is a cute blonde behind me looking over my shoulder.) There is nothing worse than being disappointed in yourself and your own actions imho...

Have a Wonderful Day

-Paul Solk

Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg