Sign in to follow this  
Air1

Still amazed at the detail

You also have ZERO survival chances in a vc-less plane.

Last night I was doing some canyon runs in the fog, and if you stay low you can make out enough terrain to survive for at least awhile.

It was also one of the most exciting things I have done in Flight, and I feel about 10 times better using the artificial horizon now =)

Last night I was doing some canyon runs in the fog, and if you stay low you can make out enough terrain to survive for at least awhile.

It was also one of the most exciting things I have done in Flight, and I feel about 10 times better using the artificial horizon now =)

I call them "Beggers canyon" runs. (star wars)

No womp-rats, though......... :unsure:

And the T-16 has no cockpit.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

I still remember the instructions "STAY CLEAR OF THE CANYON WALLS" from the star wars Rebel Assault game. Used to run that canyon again and again, it was not easy. Still have it around here somewhere.

Click for the bigger pics.

201743_1.jpg

201743_2.jpg

201743_3.jpg

201748_4.jpg

Talk about Flight being a horrible game... This has become a big HIT! And I got to admit, it's hard to get bored with so much detail. Though I think the clouds could always be improved greatly.

OMG yes the clouds could use a update . imagine some rex like clouds and live weather .....

Image removed as image is no longer available.

Talk about Flight being a horrible game... This has become a big HIT! And I got to admit, it's hard to get bored with so much detail. Though I think the clouds could always be improved greatly.

OMG yes the clouds could use a update . imagine some rex like clouds and live weather .....

Hm, odd, I think that the clouds look rather fine... apart from the fair weather ones which look indeed terrible. But imho the clouds on for instance my screenshots look awesome. Maybe it's because you are used to using high res REX clouds in FSX? I never liked them and actually told REX to use the LOWEST resolution for clouds possible. High res clouds make me feel I was flying in a Phtoshop environment in which someone applied the Unsharp mask a bit too much. :wink: So maybe that's why I do like the Flight clouds (agan apart from the fair weather ones). Or do you actually think the clouds on my screenshots look bad?

I think it's just those linear puff ball clouds that look odd...

Your cloud pics look stunning...

J The shots you posted looks fine i only mentioned rex as the only example that I can think of to compare with . And by the way the puffy clouds that look all the same are the only ones i don't like.

Image removed as image is no longer available.

All the clouds look great to me, other than Fair Weather which look bad (not to mention the linear arrangements) and Isolated Thunderstorms which simply look mediocre.

J van E - what weather setting is that? Those clouds seem to look a lot better than mine...

But yes, the detail/graphics in Flight are quite impressive:

2012-4-20_12-59-44-977.jpg

2012-4-20_13-1-2-520.jpg

2012-4-20_13-1-52-225.jpg

2012-4-20_20-43-7-333.jpg

2012-4-20_20-50-59-321.jpg

2012-4-20_20-53-36-754.jpg

J van E - what weather setting is that? Those clouds seem to look a lot better than mine...

I think most are made with Low and threatening. The ones with rain are made with Inclement weather. I love Low and threatening (it's my default theme) because you see changes with altitude. When you fly a bit low you do not see fog around you (what you would expect with that name) but when you get a bit higher you see some light haze around you. But you can still see things in the distance. The clouds look absolutely awesome and the wind isn't too bad so you can fly well in it. All in all it's a theme with a lot of variation. During a flight you sometimes get the impression the weather is changing, which is nice. It's almost incredible that some of the other weather themes are made by the same team (I presume). The clouds on your shots don't look that good indeed. If I want to fly with easy and summerlike weather, I rather choose the theme without any clouds.

The more I fly Flight, the more I like it. I was trying to use the fair weather theme and I decided that no clouds was better than brown puffballs. On my system, the clouds are brown.

Some of the clouds in some of the screenshots in this thread look quite nice. I see blue shadows on some of them. Thats what I want.

But I bought the Hawaii addon and have been flying the west most island that has the two airports on it (one of them is in a preview screenshot). its the island

that has all the falls on it. Anyway, the lighting is just fantastic. I started out right as the sun was coming up and I flew west and the light on the mountains and the trees and the hillsides is very good. Looks very real to me.

I actually got most of the aerocaches with the RV6. I had no idea that plane would do some of those manuevers and I had no idea that I could do them either.

Its a lot of fun. I did get the 'careless' award after failing five times in a row to get to this one set of falls (Waialae Falls). I have no idea how to get it.

Im going to try some other weather themes and see if I get better clouds.

|   Dave   |    I've been around for most of my life.

There's always a sunset happening somewhere in the world that somebody is enjoying.

Yes, I have to say that I like the idea of at least having one (and even two for a while) aerocaches a day to keep me entertained when I have no clue what to do in Flight. :wink: At least it is SOMETHING new everyday...! :wink: