Sign in to follow this  
DarkSideMaster

PMDG Boeing 737- 300/400/500

Problem is that some people who see something as not PMDG quality equate it to not good, just because something isn't up to PMDG standards that does not mean its a bad or unenjoyable product.

Problem is that some people who see something as not PMDG quality equate it to not good, just because something isn't up to PMDG standards that does not mean its a bad or unenjoyable product.

I have noticed that, but there is not much we can do, if they miss out on a wonderful aircraft because it doesnt say PMDG on it somewhere, well its their loss!

PMDG spoiled us... I remember I used to enjoy the wilco 737 a few years back...Than I sat foot in the pmdg md-11 and my view of the world changed.

Well, let them - their loss. I still fly and enjoy every plane i have. The NGX is great, superb, outstanding, but by all means not the only A/C in my sim and not the one i fly the most.

CASE: Custom ALU 5.3L CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4060 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Honestly, I don't care about graphics. I don't care if the VC looks like 10 years old. But when i flip a switch I like to "feel" it's actually doing something. When i activate the Autopilot I like to "trust" it is going to worked as expected. I have the CS727 and the PIC737 (not the evo) and sometimes and feel exactly the opposite with those simulations. I should try the evo version maybe. And I'm sure they're both getting better and better.

Now, although they are not bad for sure, a simulation that can't be trusted system wise, it's not exactly good for me.

Of course that my point of view.

PD: Hope, I made my self clear, English it's not my first language.

Honestly, I don't care about graphics. I don't care if the VC looks like 10 years old. But when i flip a switch I like to "feel" it's actually doing something. When i activate the Autopilot I like to "trust" it is going to worked as expected. I have the CS727 and the PIC737 (not the evo) and sometimes and feel exactly the opposite with those simulations. I should try the evo version maybe. And I'm sure they're both getting better and better.

Now, although they are not bad for sure, a simulation that can't be trusted system wise, it's not exactly good for me.

Of course that my point of view.

PD: Hope, I made my self clear, English it's not my first language.

You summed it up very well, it doesn't have to be PMDG for it to be good but for it to be good we expect things to work as they should when they should.

Have to be honest, I have only just come across this today and it does look pretty good. Looking forward to it.

Just a little FYI, IXEG is also developing a 737 Classic for X-plane, and by looking at this video it's going to be awesome.

http://www.ixeg.net/

guys for now just fly your NGX with side by side displays, no winglets, eye brow windows, and the honeywell mcp.. That basically looks indentical to a classic and its what I do to simulate BA :)

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

The CS 737 is a -200, not a Classic. No FMC, JT8D engines. The Wilco 737 Evo is basically a graphical revamp of 737PIC. The FDE is unchanged, systems look the same. You get a more functional VC but the textures are awful. Brilliant white knobs which should be grey. A flat black control yoke. Ugly night lighting. It takes an age to change the MCP inputs, they move so slow (though they move quickly in 2D). The only plus point is the analog engine indication option.

Anyone who already has the dated but still excellent 737PIC is better off saving their money and sticking with that.

ki9cAAb.jpg

guys for now just fly your NGX with side by side displays, no winglets, eye brow windows, and the honeywell mcp.. That basically looks indentical to a classic and its what I do to simulate BA :)

Today there are many classics with winglets.

Don't know about enigma's systems, but it would be awesome to have their VC and Visual and IXEG's systems...or at least wilco's...

Today there are many classics with winglets.

Don't know about enigma's systems, but it would be awesome to have their VC and Visual and IXEG's systems...or at least wilco's...

Enigma's systems should be pretty good for what we like in PMDG, not sure it will have it off the bat but they will most likely add it later!