Sign in to follow this  
DarkSideMaster

PMDG Boeing 737- 300/400/500

Yes, I see it. But no date relise, no screens cocpit.. And I don"t now this developers company...

KjC3U.jpg73vc2.png

You can trust Engima, got a great team of people!

There is a BA pilot at my VA who flies the classics in the RW and according to him the wilco classics are not that bad, everything that is needed for normal ops is well modeled.

Actually there's not too much wrong with the more recent Evolution upgrade of the Wilco B 737-3/4/500 series. Yes the textures are a bit too clean, but that's nothing a repaint cannot sort out. Systems-wise it is pretty in depth, for example, even in its original (Avsim Award-winning) FS9 incarnation it actually had more systems functionality on the overhead than the PMDG FS9 NG, so it was far from simplistic even back when that version was made. The revised Evo version sorted out the naff exterior models of the original FS9 and of portover FSX version, so now you have an FSX-native decent exterior model, with decent systems simulation and a good flight model too, and one which has a lot of dedicated add-ons for it as well. Thus if you want a decent classic 737, there already is one, six in fact, since you get that many variants in the package.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Well, my be you are right... But what about date of relese? When?

Does any company ever give release dates, all I can say is that its moving along quickly!

I took a gamble and bought the new complete B737-200 package from Captain Sim that was just released.

This is the final completed product B737-200 version 1.00. Again, this is not the beta release that has been sold and have had a plethora of complaints.

I'm not one to give recommendations to non-PMDG products due to their lack of quality and fidelity.

I'm not a captain sim fan due to their history of heavy frame rate hits. However, for the first time the B737-200 had absolutely no frame rate it at all with all add-ons running and max resolution!

The exterior, interior and virtual cockpit are beautiful. VC cockpit has great functionality.

The flight model is also excellent. I was on my first flight yesterday from KTUS to KSLC at FL340 while, trying to learn the old school autopilot and accidently went into a full stall and spin. After a 15,000 foot loss in altitude I recovered and landed at KSLC. The flight modeling is excellent, stall and spin were very realistic.

This product will get an AVSIM gold star award.

PMDGer's will be at a miss for not buying this product. While not quite up to the groundbreaking excellence of the PMDG 737NG, it is the closest I have seen a product reach to PMDG level with exception to Level D 767.

Again, this has a beautiful modeling inside and out with absolutely no hit on the frame rate. This is a huge step for the Captain Sim product line.

Go buy it, or you'll be sorry!

Cheers,

BillyBob

p.s. Upon initial install and load the systems and engines were not running properly and all the systems were weird. A very quick 2 minute, uninstall and reinstall of the product fixed this squak and she we ready for departure.

Does it have an FMC or GPS? (I'm not sure what those "classies" ran on... LOL

KjC3U.jpg73vc2.png

You can trust Engima, got a great team of people!

They are doing a full 737-classic simulation?

Alex Ridge

Join Fswakevortex here! YOUTUBE and FACEBOOK

They are doing a full 737-classic simulation?

Yep :smile:

Yep :smile:

WOW! I thought they were only doing the external model and vc, I am sure I read that on their site.

Alex Ridge

The Engima simulations going payware is really really exciting news. The project is looking very nice and I cannot wait to fly the 737-300 !

Alex Ridge

The Engima simulations going payware is really really exciting news. The project is looking very nice and I cannot wait to fly the 737-300 !

They also announced recently they are doing the 400/500 too

Actually there's not too much wrong with the more recent Evolution upgrade of the Wilco B 737-3/4/500 series. Yes the textures are a bit too clean, but that's nothing a repaint cannot sort out. Systems-wise it is pretty in depth, for example, even in its original (Avsim Award-winning) FS9 incarnation it actually had more systems functionality on the overhead than the PMDG FS9 NG, so it was far from simplistic even back when that version was made. The revised Evo version sorted out the naff exterior models of the original FS9 and of portover FSX version, so now you have an FSX-native decent exterior model, with decent systems simulation and a good flight model too, and one which has a lot of dedicated add-ons for it as well. Thus if you want a decent classic 737, there already is one, six in fact, since you get that many variants in the package.

Al

One complaint I have about the 737 Evo is that the night lighting textures look horrid to me - they seem very unrealistic. The colors seem way off, compared to photos I have seen of an actual 737 Classic. I have also noticed a few bugs where the 2D and 3D panels get out of sync, and changes made in one are not reflected in the other. Overall the 737 Evo is not bad to fly, but little things like this drive me crazy. I cannot imagine PMDG would let little details like these slide...

The project from Enigma looks very interesting, and I will be following it with great interest. They can definitely count me as a customer if they make a PMDG-quality simulation of a 737 Classic.

Overall the 737 Evo is not bad to fly, but little things like this drive me crazy. I cannot imagine PMDG would let little details like these slide...

Yeah, that's probably true, but on the whole the EVO 737 is quite a nice thing and a reasonable simulation of those 737 variants (unlike the EVO version of the Airbus family add-ons, which is not that great an improvement). The same is true of the Captain Sim Original 737 variants too, which are also very good in spite of the somewhat limited approach to engine parameters modeling. Both of those 737s are a lot better than many people who frequent the PMDG are prepard to give them credit for. It is certainly the case that we now have all the three main 737 family iterations simulated to a fairly good level for FSX, certainly good enough to suit most hard core simmers at any rate.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here