Sign in to follow this  
conura

does anybody run this on a rig worse than mine?

I am really considering reinstalling this and all the addons because I really enjoy it, however my rig is so weak I think it'll be unplayable!

My rig is now core i5 760 @ 3.2ghz

4gb ddr 3 ram

gtx 560ti

will it be playable with this machiena nd if so what settings shall I use? I am going to turn off all AI traffic because i just want to learn this thing, but it's a MASSIVE download to get everything again and...maybe it'll be too slow to actually enjoy..

addons would be fsx + addon

utx, gex, rex

I am really considering reinstalling this and all the addons because I really enjoy it, however my rig is so weak I think it'll be unplayable!

My rig is now core i5 760 @ 3.2ghz

4gb ddr 3 ram

gtx 560ti

will it be playable with this machiena nd if so what settings shall I use? I am going to turn off all AI traffic because i just want to learn this thing, but it's a MASSIVE download to get everything again and...maybe it'll be too slow to actually enjoy..

addons would be fsx + addon

utx, gex, rex

I do. i7 930 @ only 2.8 GHz. Yet, with Bojote's tweaks applied, everything runs smoothly, most sliders maxed out.

Hey thanks for your reply, please could you link me to Bojotes tweaks?

Look what I have (below), have no problems at all. Not even the crazy behaviors that happens to some here at the forum. The only thing I have run into is OOM thing. Easy to fix, reduced the NGX textures. Now that error is gone since long time.

20+ at Mega Heathrow, 30+ in flight. Use nVidias FPS limiter. Some tweaks in fsx.cfg but not to much, run in 1920 x 1080 with nVidia inspector settings.

Your machine is a rocket compared to mine so it must be some settings somewhere.

Per W Sweden

Cool thanks. Can I ask, when I played previously I would have MyTraffic X at about 25% and airport traffic at medium. I am now going to turn it all off when I reinstall....Will this improve FPS by much?

Hey thanks for your reply, please could you link me to Bojotes tweaks?

http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html

Just follow the instructions, you'll be fine. I have dual core E7200 @2.53GHz

I have My traffic x at 10% most of time, or off :)

For me with my machine UT2 takes a lot power and FPS. When I turn it off via Addon meny in flight FSP jumps up right away. I have UT2 set at 65 % but it have a nice feature

called Target FPS where you set minimum FPS you want, If it goes below that it reduces AI planes. A Max overall # of AI planes, visual settings like how far and low alt. before you see them on ground.

And the best is the button to Clear Approach for you in case they takeoff right in your face or taxing out for takeoff when you are coming in.

Per W Sweden

Thanks all for suggestions - something that always bothered me was I'd fly from smaller airports and get brilliant FPS and visuals, with a nice number of planes...for example MytrafficX at Bristol showed 6 or so planes, but at Heathrow even at 1% it showed hundreds of aircraft. Is there a way with MTX that I can permanently limited the aircraft so that I'm not completely alone, but there are only 3 or 4 planes around at any time?

YES, look at mine in the signature. I run smoooooth with no problems.

No idea, I never have to do it. You must set it in TrafficX if possible, FSX can only handle its own AIs.

UT2 just reduces at mega airports when FPS goes too low. At heathrow I have maybe around 15-20 planes around me, have never counted. I have set mine Min FPS to 18 and the Max # AIs in overall to 50 so in the air maybe all 50 is

somewhere. Anyway RC4 as I use talkes a lot to the other AIs and warns me if someone gets close. One time I was number 7 in lineup for takoff, RC4 talked to everyone in turn. Really cool. Next time it happend I pressed Clear App and they were all gone. :crazy:

Per W Sweden

One thing if you run Bojotes tweak, first remove/rename the fsx.cfg and startup FSX so you get a new fresh fsx.cfg. And shipp that one to Bojote.

I did that and after that I did some more tweaking myself. + installing nVidia inspector + a lot of reading about tweaking but do not do it to much. Can break something.

So if you change something make a backup of the fsx.cfg first. Also look through dll.xml and exe.xml. There is a tag <Disabled>False</Disabled> for most of the addons

if you want to turn something off just set it to True instead of uninstalling. It's there when you want it again. Nice feature if you are tracing problems.

Per W Sweden

Man, my computer (soon to be ex) is a Core 2 Duo 2.33 2GB RAM and a G210. It works ok with no traffic, low scenery details, no rain and fps limiter. I have terrible graphics, but acceptable fps and resolution and NO crashes or freezes at all! And I have great fun. So I think you'll do just fine.

Pedro Espindola

PMDG_737ngx_proud_own2_378x68.jpg

Guilty..

System in signature.

I have to go easy on addons..and big airports like mega airport amsterdam are very bad on FPS.. But apart from that I can fly almost anywhere with the NGX, REX, WOAI, addon airport, FSpassengerX and PFE

Lord, yes! FAR worse!! as you'll see from my specs. I'm not very good at this tweaking lark.... some of the advice I've followed made things worse, not better, but, like another poster above, with no traffic, no auto-gen, and staying away from the really heavy hitter airports like Aerosoft Amsterdam and UK2000 Heathrow extreme, the NGX will work fine.... My default test route is EGCC to EGPH, both UK2K extreme airports.... AS2012 real world weather and FSPS Extreme Booster (I've got me doubts about that.... it DOES improve FPS.... but uses about half a gig resident ram - half as much as FSX itself, and after about three hours flight I run out of memory) anyway, on that route I get "acceptable" graphics good FPS of around 18 taxiing, 30 in flight and nice and smooth. One of these days I'll get a seething snorting water cooled beast of a PC, but for now... its coping.... just!