Sign in to follow this  
RamonB

The P-40! Released At Microsoft Flight.

I can't believe they are stupid enough to relaese another fighter with no cockpit. Most posts I've seen are telling Microsoft Flight that No Cockpit = No sale.

I'll never buy another plane from microsoft unless it has a cockpit.

Well, we all need to realize that the customer base for Flight doesn't post to forums. I'm sure these planes sell well, and no harm done, as long as we see some more planes WITH cockpits and complex systems soon.

The bush plane for Alaska will be the Maule, maybe with skis.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

I'm pretty sure the Maule with skis will come as a free update as there is little to add.

I played around with the P-40 for a little while this morning. From the thirty or so minutes I spent with it, I can tell this is going to be my go-to plane for just free-flying fun. The AVG paint scheme is fantastic! :Peace:

Awww, man? There's an AVG paint?

Stop tempting me!

I played around with the P-40 for a little while this morning. From the thirty or so minutes I spent with it, I can tell this is going to be my go-to plane for just free-flying fun. The AVG paint scheme is fantastic! :Peace:

That's my favorite too. The P-40 is definitely my go-to plane for just fun as well. At first, it was the Zero, and I still like the Zero, but I've always had liked the P-40 ever since I was living at Wheeler Field, Hawaii. They had a P-40 there at the elementary school I attended on base, and I always waited underneath it for my parents to pick me up. Fond memories of the P-40 aircraft.

america%20strikes%20back.jpg

The P40 is spectacular indeed. But I have a hard time controlling it. But yes the AVG paint does make me want to kill my passenger if he/she screems.

ever since I was living at Wheeler Field, Hawaii

I used to make daily drug deliveries (legal) to Wahiawa. I'd usually drive up Kunia Rd, but had friends at Wheeler and Mililani Town.

I used to make daily drug deliveries (legal) to Wahiawa. I'd usually drive up Kunia Rd, but had friends at Wheeler and Mililani Town.

I lived right off Kunia Rd on the north edge of Waipahu back in the early 90s, and also in Mililani just a couple of years ago.

I had an apartment in Mililani!

...in Test Drive Unlimited 2. :(

I had an apartment in Mililani!

...in Test Drive Unlimited 2. :(

I was actually expecting a chorus of "Eagle River?"

Further evidence that the MS Team used the Flying Heritage Collection as a model (as if we needed the evidence)....

As I heard the story, the FHC P-40 got a wax based paint job for its role in a Hollywood film. Normally, I guess, the paint is durable enough, however, the plane sprang a coolant leak resulted in a steam blast to pouring out the cowl on the right side which caused the paint to melt and smear in that area.

Wouldn't you know, the MS Flight P-40 has a big paint smear in the same spot.

No cockpit =No Sale. MSFS even freeware makers include planes with cockpits and glad 3rd party software around. This is unacceptable for of this caliber. Causal gamer will feel ripped off

Guest russellbdavis

With another WWII era plane, and the Hawaian islands, MS sure is pushing the envelope to completely disrespect the veterans of this country. What is wrong with that company?

Who do they have creating this stuff? teenagers who skipped history class? And please stop calling Flight a sim; its an insult to the industry. (not speaking to anyone in particular..just in general).

I would love to fly some war bird and maybe be able to have a dog fight or two. But sorry even though chase plane view is great to watch yourself trying out some crazy flight moves , some times you just want to sit with that stick between your legs

This is unacceptable for of this caliber. Causal gamer will feel ripped off...

I don't understand how anyone thinks that a (voluntary) payment of a mere 7 bucks for a beautifully detailed (external only) model is being 'ripped off'...

The complete planes like the Maule are only around 15 bucks... or roughly half the price of Carenado's equally lovely planes for FSX which cost from $25-35 each...

Flight pricing seems reasonable to me...

MS sure is pushing the envelope to completely disrespect the veterans of this country...

No Russell - you have it the wrong way round, my friend. They are honouring the glorious memory of veterans everywhere.